SA Facebook Integration

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, February 12, 2010, 01:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Srinib

I just came across this MOD now. And a little bit confused regarding what exactly it does?

Using this MOD, can i integrate my forum with facebook sign up? I mean, can I make my forum's visitors sign up to my forum through a facebook account? Will this MOD provide my forum with a FB sign up button, where visitors can sign up to my forum using a Facebook sign in(without having to register to my forum separately) and become members?

devamir

I just uploaded the new version SMF 2.0.3.
The connection with FB is happening but when i try to register on the app, it says :
OAuthException: (#803) Some of the aliases you requested do not exist: me&fields=id,name,username
What does it mean ??
I have tried zillions of ways to connect my forum profile with FB but it keeps on giving me the same f... error!
Please...any help, suggestions or even blessings would be realy, REALY, appreciated !!

vbgamer45

Please download and install the latest version of this mod.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

devamir

OK!Thanks for the logical suggestion. I tried everything but that....
Thank you VERY MUCH!! If it work you will be my hero of the digital world!!!
Will post soon the results...

acsieben

Quote from: devamir on January 14, 2013, 10:32:46 AM
I just uploaded the new version SMF 2.0.3.
The connection with FB is happening but when i try to register on the app, it says :
OAuthException: (#803) Some of the aliases you requested do not exist: me&fields=id,name,username
What does it mean ??
I have tried zillions of ways to connect my forum profile with FB but it keeps on giving me the same f... error!
Please...any help, suggestions or even blessings would be realy, REALY, appreciated !!

I had this issue and reinstalled the plugin, which sorted it out.

One thing though, just in case the developer reads this: the install procedure could probably be altered to allow installations over the previous one. If you happen to install this over the previous installation even if by mistake, your setup will probably be all messed up.

devamir

I uninstalled the old version 2.0 RC4 Rev58 and installed the curent SA Facebook Packet and IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you so much guys!!!! I kept trying different possibilitys for days...
I would burn a candle in the Church of digital advancement that you may help more out of the dark room of Waste of time...
Realy, Thank you!

sukafia

Please i need help in setting up this mod, the picture in your tutorial is different from the current facebook, the facebook developer page is different.

Jack_40k

I am having a few problems with the mod. Firstly, I don't really want full integration with SMF - I just want users to be able to signup to the forum using the information from their Facebook account. I don't want likes on posts or little facebook comment boxes on my forum.

Problems:

- When a user attempts to register using Facebook, they receive a white page with this message: ({ "title": "Notification Feed", "generator": "ENotify Modification for Simple Machines Forum", "items": [ ] })

- The mod adds a Facebook menu item on my site. When clicked, there is nothing there. Well it says "SA Facebook Intergration 2.0.2
© 2012 SMF Hacks". I would be happy to display your contributions down the bottom of the forum - but why do you have to add a menu button? In all honesty it's just annoying, and if the author/s force users to have this button then I will uninstall the mod.

Thanks,

Jack.

vbgamer45

There is a known issue with enotify no fix at this time.

I do offer copyright removal at
http://www.smfhacks.com/copyright_removal.php
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

MH-MINI

VBGamer,

Could you please have a look at this post: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=494668.msg3470493#msg3470493 ?

Do you know if there's a fix to it?

Thanks

vbgamer45

no known fix for that at the moment

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

devamir

Quote from: devamir on January 15, 2013, 06:44:57 AM
I uninstalled the old version 2.0 RC4 Rev58 and installed the curent SA Facebook Packet and IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you so much guys!!!! I kept trying different possibilitys for days...
I would burn a candle in the Church of digital advancement that you may help more out of the dark room of Waste of time...
Realy, Thank you!

Now i can log in with FB but visitors can't signup with facebook:
it say there is an error and to try later.

Any suggestions?

Srinib

Quote from: Srinib on January 13, 2013, 02:19:44 PM
I just came across this MOD now. And a little bit confused regarding what exactly it does?

Using this MOD, can i integrate my forum with facebook sign up? I mean, can I make my forum's visitors sign up to my forum through a facebook account? Will this MOD provide my forum with a FB sign up button, where visitors can sign up to my forum using a Facebook sign in(without having to register to my forum separately) and become members?

Someone out there, who is using this MOD;
Please go through my about post and just say Yes or a NO.

SA™

http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

PowerForo

Hello, recently I have installed SA Facebook Integration but when I go to register a new account the forum says 'CurlException: 7: couldn't connect to host'. Do you know why the forum say this error?. Sorry for my bad english i'm spanish.

revwill

Quote from: Srinib on January 13, 2013, 02:19:44 PM

Yes.  You can also visit our site to see if it what you are looking for. Divine Mercy using this fine mod

Jack_40k

Thanks but I'm not going to pay to remove copyright for a mod which can't operate while installed with other mods that you make. Might pay to remove enotify though.. quite like that one.

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 15, 2013, 09:00:45 PM
There is a known issue with enotify no fix at this time.

I do offer copyright removal at
http://www.smfhacks.com/copyright_removal.php

vbgamer45

Ok cool sounds good let me know if you do get enotify removal can help with that.
The facebook mod and enotify I didn't write originally just took it over. So not 100% familiar with the code and all issues yet.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Skaty

When somebody use auto register with facebook they user names created like john.lock.7  or something like that, member's name is John Lock in facebook profile but username is creating bases to his link name.

is there a configuration for this ?

Kindred

no....  but a user can always adjust his or her displayed name...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: