News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

AddThis

Started by Suki, April 07, 2010, 06:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew K.

Have you double-checked to make sure that all of the edits were made? Properly, as well?

C4G-TK

Quick question...

I installed the mod, but I haven't gone through and set up my services that I want to be able to share to like Twitter, Facebook, etc etc.  I have no problem with the button showing on the posts and such, but does the logo show on all those pages in your pictures?? 

(I'm talking about the attached logo.)

-img removed-

Matthew K.

No, I added the logo in for promotional purposes. I apologize for the confusion.

C4G-TK

No problem!  Thanks Labradoodle!

I'm poking around on their site trying to make a custom button now!

-img removed-

Matthew K.

Making a custom button is very easy. I do believe I added a field to enter your own url for the button? Or style?

If not, all API (Adjustments you can do via JavaScript) will be fully SMF Admin panel controllable in the next version.

C4G-TK

#25
Yeah, I'm not really sure if I can use what I created or not as it is right now.
I'm perfectly fine just using the standard small button that I selected!

I tested it out on Twitter and it worked great!

Thanks!

-img removed-

Arantor

First up, I don't agree with branding images like that, it does confuse people.

More importantly though, when do you plan on pushing this new version? Before or after you get most of your mods updated for RC3?

* Arantor is not being deliberately awkward here at this point, just having seen you promise you'll update things, and they've been left untouched for months.

Matthew K.

The reason things have been untouched for so long is because school and other things I am committed to doing before volunteer work have been filling up my whole day. When I have more time again (when school is done), I am repairing my laptop and hopefully picking up my mods development more again, as well as SMF Support.
Quote from: Arantor on May 19, 2010, 02:32:34 PM
First up, I don't agree with branding images like that, it does confuse people.

More importantly though, when do you plan on pushing this new version? Before or after you get most of your mods updated for RC3?

* Arantor is not being deliberately awkward here at this point, just having seen you promise you'll update things, and they've been left untouched for months.

teh_Krall

Awesome mod! I'm not into the whole social site stuff yet, but I'll definitely be moving our site in this direction in the future with the help of this mod :)


Matthew K.

Great to hear teh_Krall, glad it can be of help to you and your forum!

tRu3_sKiTz0

I think this mod is great for advertising and I have been testing it for a while and have found no security issues. I think it would be nice if we didn't have to see the button when we know we don't want to use it but at least only members actually see them member list so I don't have to worry about guests viewing my member list. I really like it because it just cut down on my marketing time so thanks! I will keep watching for your updates.

Matthew K.

Well, I did make it permission based, so it can be hidden from guests. To hide it from Admins, you can do a simple edit in Load.php that follows.

./Sources/Load.php
Code (Find) Select

if ($context['allowed_to_share'])
$context['addthis'] = '<a class="addthis_button" href="http://addthis.com/bookmark.php?v=250&amp;username=xa-'. $modSettings['addthis_un']. '">
<img src="' . (!empty($modSettings['addthis_button_type']) ? $addthis_button_type_result[$modSettings['addthis_button_type']] : '') . '" alt="Bookmark and Share" style="border:0"/></a>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://s7.addthis.com/js/250/addthis_widget.js#username=xa-'. $modSettings['addthis_un']. '"></script>';

Code (Replace) Select

if ($context['allowed_to_share'] && !$context['user']['is_admin'])
$context['addthis'] = '<a class="addthis_button" href="http://addthis.com/bookmark.php?v=250&amp;username=xa-'. $modSettings['addthis_un']. '">
<img src="' . (!empty($modSettings['addthis_button_type']) ? $addthis_button_type_result[$modSettings['addthis_button_type']] : '') . '" alt="Bookmark and Share" style="border:0"/></a>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://s7.addthis.com/js/250/addthis_widget.js#username=xa-'. $modSettings['addthis_un']. '"></script>';


BoxingChaos

#32
Dear sir, (that means you Labradoodle-360)  8)

Is there a way to customize your AddThis feature to a special page? The one in question is below.

http://boricuaboxing.com/forum/index.php?action=articles;cat=1

I would love to be able to add your AddThis ability to this section.

Also wondering when will you be updating the Wibiya Integration Mod for 2.0 RC3?

Thank you :)


PS. At this time I am using the Wibiya tool bar but it's not from your mod. I tried parsing it and it did not work for me so I am using a custom HTML script from the actual Wibiya site but I would much rather have your MOD. (Just thought I would throw this in to the story of things. TY

www.BoxingSquad.com/forum

Matthew K.

Are you trying to get AddThis to show up on a single category, board, or page?

Expect to see my mods being updated shortly.
Quote from: BoxingChaos on July 28, 2010, 04:05:02 PM
Dear sir, (that means you Labradoodle-360)  8)

Is there a way to customize your AddThis feature to a special page? The one in question is below.

http://boricuaboxing.com/forum/index.php?action=articles;cat=1

I would love to be able to add your AddThis ability to this section.

Also wondering when will you be updating the Wibiya Integration Mod for 2.0 RC3?

Thank you :)


PS. At this time I am using the Wibiya tool bar but it's not from your mod. I tried parsing it and it did not work for me so I am using a custom HTML script from the actual Wibiya site but I would much rather have your MOD. (Just thought I would throw this in to the story of things. TY

BoxingChaos

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on July 29, 2010, 12:18:52 AM
Are you trying to get AddThis to show up on a single category, board, or page?

Expect to see my mods being updated shortly.
Quote from: BoxingChaos on July 28, 2010, 04:05:02 PM
Dear sir, (that means you Labradoodle-360)  8)

Is there a way to customize your AddThis feature to a special page? The one in question is below.

http://boricuaboxing.com/forum/index.php?action=articles;cat=1

I would love to be able to add your AddThis ability to this section.

Also wondering when will you be updating the Wibiya Integration Mod for 2.0 RC3?

Thank you :)


PS. At this time I am using the Wibiya tool bar but it's not from your mod. I tried parsing it and it did not work for me so I am using a custom HTML script from the actual Wibiya site but I would much rather have your MOD. (Just thought I would throw this in to the story of things. TY

I dont really understand your question :(

Happy to hear you will be updating the mods soon :)

www.BoxingSquad.com/forum

Matthew K.

Are you trying to use AddThis mod for a single section or page rather than having it everywhere?
Quote from: BoxingChaos on July 29, 2010, 12:22:51 AM
Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on July 29, 2010, 12:18:52 AM
Are you trying to get AddThis to show up on a single category, board, or page?

Expect to see my mods being updated shortly.
Quote from: BoxingChaos on July 28, 2010, 04:05:02 PM
Dear sir, (that means you Labradoodle-360)  8)

Is there a way to customize your AddThis feature to a special page? The one in question is below.

http://boricuaboxing.com/forum/index.php?action=articles;cat=1

I would love to be able to add your AddThis ability to this section.

Also wondering when will you be updating the Wibiya Integration Mod for 2.0 RC3?

Thank you :)


PS. At this time I am using the Wibiya tool bar but it's not from your mod. I tried parsing it and it did not work for me so I am using a custom HTML script from the actual Wibiya site but I would much rather have your MOD. (Just thought I would throw this in to the story of things. TY

I dont really understand your question :(

Happy to hear you will be updating the mods soon :)


BoxingChaos

I want it pretty much everywhere but I need it here too

http://boricuaboxing.com/forum/index.php?action=articles;cat=1

But it does not show up. I wanted to know if there was something I could do to make it show up for our writers section and photography section.

Also my hack job tool bar don't tweet or facebook correctly either :(


www.BoxingSquad.com/forum

Matthew K.

That would be custom coding for a Portal. It's coding would depend on which Portal, I would take a peak at how I add a "AddThis" button to a template for my mod, and then use your Portal's support topic and find out where to add it.
Quote from: BoxingChaos on July 29, 2010, 12:35:47 AM
I want it pretty much everywhere but I need it here too

http://boricuaboxing.com/forum/index.php?action=articles;cat=1

But it does not show up. I wanted to know if there was something I could do to make it show up for our writers section and photography section.

Also my hack job tool bar don't tweet or facebook correctly either :(



BoxingChaos

Ok  Labradoodle-360, I will see what was done by you and then I will head over to simple portal and have them help me there.
Thank you.

www.BoxingSquad.com/forum

Matthew K.

Here's the code my mod adds in template files:
', (($context['allowed_to_share']) ? '<div>'. $context['addthis']. '</div>' : ''), '

Advertisement: