SMF Bay

Started by MonoTiz, April 12, 2010, 04:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biology Forums

MonoTiz, you're my hero lol I've been using your social media mod for months and I've incorporated it to look like Facebook on my forum. It's unfortunate you stopped the project.

MonoTiz

Biology Forums

Quote from: MonoTiz on June 29, 2012, 02:58:12 AM
Quote from: Liam_michael on June 28, 2012, 04:55:47 PM
MonoTiz, you're my hero
You're too generous!

You're mods are genius, surprised they aren't as popular as they should be.

trekkie2444

This error keeps popping up in my error log. Any idea how to get rid of it?

Today at 06:55:15 PM
4933a3ec5e5236765daa6208ed73ee6e
Type of error: Undefined
http://e-p1.net/index.php?pretty;action=profile&area=smfbay;u=12218: Undefined index: smfbay_profileFile: /home/onerinconhill/public_html/Themes/default/SMFBay.template.php
Line: 501

MonoTiz

Quote from: trekkie2444 on June 30, 2012, 11:00:58 PM
This error keeps popping up in my error log. Any idea how to get rid of it?

Today at 06:55:15 PM
4933a3ec5e5236765daa6208ed73ee6e
Type of error: Undefined
http://e-p1.net/index.php?pretty;action=profile&area=smfbay;u=12218: Undefined index: smfbay_profileFile: /home/onerinconhill/public_html/Themes/default/SMFBay.template.php
Line: 501
Try with the template attached

Biology Forums

MonoTiz, could you make SMF mention compatible with 1.x?

Motorhed

Why is this made so I can't make Guests SEE the auctions without letting Guests BID?

You can't just have anonymous guests clicking "buy now" on all items... you have no idea who they are...

Having the auctions hidden from guest view is counter-productive too, becuase people on the outside have no idea you even offer the feature...

Is there any way around this catch 22?

bman7

I see that there's an old Pro version of this mod for free, but is there a current pro version that's also free?

MonoTiz

Quote from: Liam_michael on July 02, 2012, 11:27:41 AM
MonoTiz, could you make SMF mention compatible with 1.x?
Sorry... but the 1.x is no longer developed

MonoTiz

Quote from: bman7 on July 02, 2012, 03:04:58 PM
but is there a current pro version that's also free?
No. The oldest version is bugged.

MonoTiz

Quote from: Motorhed on July 02, 2012, 02:25:40 PM
You can't just have anonymous guests clicking "buy now" on all items... you have no idea who they are...
SMF Bay LITE doesn't have the buy it now features. What version of SMF Bay do you use?

Motorhed

Pro. :)

I'll have to check and see if Lite is missing any features I want. It's been a while since I first looked, of course. If it's kosher, I guess downgrading is a good idea, thanks.

Motorhed

QuoteThis package cannot be uninstalled, because there is no uninstaller!

Mnngh. I'm sure the answer to this is in this thread somewhere. Will check tomorrow, sleep now.

Just wanted to register the frustration. :)

Inti31

okay, bought the pro - find in your forum my statement   is awaiting approval by a moderator.

cheers inti31
my forum
my testforum

my mods - which I only made them work for 2.0 Gold:
Topics Filter v3.2 SMF 2.0 Gold
MemberNumber

Motorhed

Ah! I finally figured out how to uninstall this.

Nice Motorhed: This is one of the greatest features SMF could ever have, and it's executed in a way that is perfectly pleasing to the eye and intuitive for users.

Bad Motorhed: This is one of the worst Mods I've successfully installed, because of the bugs involved. Guests should not be able to "Buy it Now" - EVER - and then disabling "Buy it Now" so Guests can look creates a database error when you try to list something... it's a catch 22 that would have easily been avoided with one "if user is Guest, do not show Buy it Now button..." entry in the code.

I will not use the Lite version, as without Feedback, PM notification, etc., the Mod is essentially a shell of its true capability.

MonoTiz

Quote from: Motorhed on August 05, 2012, 05:10:31 PM
Bad Motorhed: This is one of the worst Mods I've successfully installed, because of the bugs involved.
What version of SMF Bay PRO do you use?

vroum

Hi MonoTiz,

It's a nice mod you have here :)

I have a question though: What's the difference between "Close Ad" and "Lock" ?

Thanks !
Vroum.

vroum

Hey guys,

After testing SMF Bay, I've found that the item gets sold at reserve price even if two bidders bid higher than the reserve price.

for example: item price is $1000 with reserve price of $1100,  if a first bidder bids $1500 and second bidder bids $2500 then, the second bidder wins the auction but has to pay only $1100 which is the reserve price, instead of having to pay $2500.

Can anyone explain the reason of such a behavior from SMF Bay ?

Thanks !
Vroum.

T3CHN0

Quote from: vroum on October 02, 2012, 09:16:26 PM
Hey guys,

After testing SMF Bay, I've found that the item gets sold at reserve price even if two bidders bid higher than the reserve price.

for example: item price is $1000 with reserve price of $1100,  if a first bidder bids $1500 and second bidder bids $2500 then, the second bidder wins the auction but has to pay only $1100 which is the reserve price, instead of having to pay $2500.

Can anyone explain the reason of such a behavior from SMF Bay ?

Thanks !
Vroum.

I got this mod when it was still something we had to pay for, never got support and about 2 weeks later the modder wrote up
he no longer will support the mod in the SMF boards and gave a new link to where you can find any updates to the mod.

Anyway I wasn't happy, Still got the mod just don't use it anymore, better of using SMF Classifieds does so much more
and "VB" supports all his mods, good man. his mods are worth there money.

I don't know if this modder is supporting this mod again in SMF boards as I stopped following it a long time ago.

vroum

Thanks for the advice T3CHN0, but the price is ouch !!! I'm sure it's worth it for an active/monetized forum, but that's not an option for me at the moment...it's a new community getting near zero traffic and I'm trying to kick-start it on a budget...once I start getting traffic I'll start looking at the costlier options.

Any ideas ?

Thanks !
Vroum.

Advertisement: