Started by Tapatalk, May 04, 2010, 11:09:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eclipse16V

I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

Eclipse16V

Hello, I now have the following problem. I did everything as it is written. I found my forum in the list. If I want to log into my SMF forum, always get the error message that I should address myself to the admin. I'm not in it then, but for example Board then see which one can only see when you log in as admin.
Where is the error here now?
Use SMF 2.0.2 and Android
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

feline

Quote from: Eclipse16V on June 01, 2012, 10:01:30 AM
I don't understand why you not use a "Mobile ready" front end  ;)

Arantor

Eclipse16V

Quote from: feline on June 01, 2012, 01:16:15 PM
Quote from: Eclipse16V on June 01, 2012, 10:01:30 AM
Weil ich eine kostenlose Lösung für dieses Problem suche.
Die Lösung für PortaMX ist ja nicht kostenlos und für alle meine Foren zu teuer. Sorry, sonst hätte ich schon längst diesen Weg eingeschlagen.
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

feline

Quote from: Eclipse16V on June 02, 2012, 07:07:47 AM
Die Lösung für PortaMX ist ja nicht kostenlos und für alle meine Foren zu teuer. Sorry, sonst hätte ich schon längst diesen Weg eingeschlagen.
Ach .. TapaTalk ist kostenlos?
Vielleicht für dich (keine Ahnung), aber soweit ich weiß muss man da etwas kaufen um das benutzen zu können.
Also wir würden unseren Usern nicht zumuten, erst etwas kaufen zu müssen um das Forum mit einem Mobile Device besuchen zu können - von der Kompatibilität und dem Komfort mal ganz abgesehen ...

feline

Arantor

I didn't say it was *good*, I merely said it was mobile ready.

But if you have a bunch of forums that use it, you pay once for all of them.

And on iPhone at least you can do one thing with it that you can't do with a mobile theme: upload photos.

feline

Quote from: Arantor on June 02, 2012, 11:30:11 AM
And on iPhone at least you can do one thing with it that you can't do with a mobile theme: upload photos.
I don't known IPhone (I don't have one), but with a Andoid Device you CAN upload any file/image with the Mobile Theme that we develop with our Portal ...

Arantor

*nods* But it's the reason I bought it. Is that a stock Android ROM + browser though?

feline

I not really understand you ...
I have a Samsung Galaxy I9000 and with this phone I can upload images from the internal camera to our forum ...

Arantor

-sigh- Some Android phones with their stock ROM and browser cannot upload via the browser. Some Android phones require changing the browser or the ROM in order to do this. I wanted to know if that was the case with you or not.

Eclipse16V

Quote from: feline on June 02, 2012, 11:22:57 AM
Quote from: Eclipse16V on June 02, 2012, 07:07:47 AM
Ach .. TapaTalk ist kostenlos?
Vielleicht für dich (keine Ahnung), aber soweit ich weiß muss man da etwas kaufen um das benutzen zu können.
Also wir würden unseren Usern nicht zumuten, erst etwas kaufen zu müssen um das Forum mit einem Mobile Device besuchen zu können - von der Kompatibilität und dem Komfort mal ganz abgesehen ...
Ja für mich als Betreiber eines Forum ist es kostenlos. Ok, die User die es nutzen wollen müssen es erst kaufen aber dann bestimmt nicht nur wegen einem Forum. Ausserdem gibt es da auch eine Free Alternative im Netz. Mir persönlich ist es zu viel Geld welches ich investieren muss in 8 Foren wenn ich es mit portamx mache. Wieviel waren das noch mal pro Domain x 8 Foren? Das bekomme ich nie rein an Werbung oder so. So zählen die User die es nutzen wollen z.b. bei Android Handys 0,78 Euro oder nutzen hält den normalen Browser.
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

feline

Quote from: Arantor on June 02, 2012, 01:28:58 PM
-sigh- Some Android phones with their stock ROM and browser cannot upload via the browser. Some Android phones require changing the browser or the ROM in order to do this. I wanted to know if that was the case with you or not.
That works with all Samsung Phones, with the internal browser, with the Dolphin Browser or Opera Mobile...

feline

Quote from: Eclipse16V on June 02, 2012, 04:16:21 PM
Mir persönlich ist es zu viel Geld welches ich investieren muss in 8 Foren wenn ich es mit portamx mache.
Ich denke, ich muss nicht sagen was Charter Member bei uns kostet ...
Aber ... wie oft Du dann das Paket installiert und auf wie vielen Domains du das installierst spielt keine Rolle ...

TheListener

Quote from: feline on June 02, 2012, 05:45:00 PM
Mir persönlich ist es zu viel Geld welches ich investieren muss in 8 Foren wenn ich es mit portamx mache.
Aber ... wie oft Du dann das Paket installiert und auf wie vielen Domains du das installierst spielt keine Rolle ...

Do you think you could refrain from using a Non English language on an English speaking board?

Eclipse16V

Ohhhh dann hatte ich da wohl mal was falsches gelesen bzw. Verstanden.
Trotzdem, bin Charter Member und soll jetzt erst mal drauf bezahlen.
Das kann ich mir aber nicht mehr leisten. Dachte eigentlich beim dem mal wo ich Charter Member würde, das es das schon gehen würde aber das Update kam erst später und so muss ich nun nachzahlen. Schade eigentlich.

Quote from: Old Fossil on June 02, 2012, 06:08:03 PM

Do you think you could refrain from using a Non English language on an English speaking board?
OK, sorry.
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

ApplianceJunk

Sweetwater

off topic, but when I try and visit your site http://www.sweetwaterfishing.com.au/Forum I get the message...

The website you are visiting apperars to contain malware.

Özgür

Quote from: Arantor on June 02, 2012, 11:30:11 AM
I didn't say it was *good*, I merely said it was mobile ready.

But if you have a bunch of forums that use it, you pay once for all of them.

Best thing about tapatalk is you can be have push notifications about everything. And its lightweight. All the images it shows already included the  app and its only shows text of your forum. Only that.
I really like tapatalk a lot. I have 6 forums in it. xda, androidcentral my sites etc.
So Long

bornagainpenguin

Quote from: feline on June 01, 2012, 01:16:15 PM

As far as I can see there aren't any mobile ready front ends for SMF available at this time.  The only one I found (besides this, which seems to be working just fine on my forum with Tapatalk) hasn't been updated in awhile and no one seems to be interested in making it up to date again.  The only thing I feel bad about is that there aren't any free or "lite" clients for Tapatalk on iOS like there are for Android.  That being said there's a sale going on right now and anyone who cares can get a copy of the app for relatively cheaply.  I have no regrets myself in paying for the Android version of the app.

On the other hand, if there is something that works and you know of it, please do share it, I am definitely wanting to be as inclusive as possible--but at this time Tapatalk seems to be the best option available.

--bornagainpenguin

Advertisement: