SMF 1.0.5 released

Started by Compuart, June 20, 2005, 12:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sniffers

Sorry if I've missed anyone asking this already, but will it affect the mambo bridge?

Thanks

Tiff

xenovanis

Quote from: sniffers on June 30, 2005, 07:08:42 AM
Sorry if I've missed anyone asking this already, but will it affect the mambo bridge?

Thanks

Tiff

If you use the packagemanager to update it won't. If you update using the upgrade- or updatepackage you'd probably need to install the mod again.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Eva

Hello!

Even though I upgraded just fine in the test Forum, when I tried to upgrade the real one through the package manager I got the following error:

2: copy(/home/fhlinux199/m/motorwomen-gr.co.uk/user/htdocs/community/Sources/Post.php~): failed to open stream: Permission denied
File: /home/fhlinux199/m/motorwomen-gr.co.uk/user/htdocs/community/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 1307

All file permissions are 777...

Any ideas?

dustrho

I hate to ****** about something so trivial, but this 1.0.5 release came out on June 20th, right?  Well, I JUST received an email notification about this from SMF.  Why did it take ten days to have this sent out?  Did it take that long for other people to receive this same notification?  I'm really not that upset about it, but if it's such a huge security upgrade, then why the hell did it take so long to receive.  Luckily I log into this forum every single day, because I had upgraded my forum to 1.0.5 the day this was announced.  Just in case those who didn't receive this email notification yet, here is the email in its entirety:

QuoteSUBJECT: New announcement: SMF 1.0.5 released

Simple Machines is happy to release a new update to Simple Machines Forum 1.0. This release addresses a security issue in the most recent version of SMF.

As this is a critical release, you can easily upgrade by one of the following ways:
  • Use the package manager in your administration center - one click, and you're done.
  • Download the update archive file, and upload all of the files from it.
  • Download the modification file, attached to this message, and modify the files manually according to it.

This will most likely be the last release of the 1.0 line before we release SMF 1.1 Beta 3 Public. We do nevertheless encourage you to upgrade to 1.0.5 immediately, even if you mean to update to 1.1 Beta 3 Public when it is available.

To unsubscribe from these announcements, login to the forum and uncheck "Receive forum announcements and important notifications by email." in your profile.

You can view the full announcement by following this link:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=39395.0

Regards,
    The Simple Machines Community Forum Team.
Sorry for the ranting, but it really needs to be addressed.  Thanks for listening, and thank you VERY much for having such an AWESOME piece of forum software!   :)

Superboy

Same here- only just got the announcement.
Windows (n): 32 bit extension and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.

Grudge

Hi,

It was actually June 23rd when this was released, not June 20th (The annoucement was written three days before release while we tested the fixes). That said I'm sorry that it took so long for the annoucement to be posted out - it was an oversight on our part - but we thought in the end it was better to send it out late than not at all.

Also, bear in mind that news of the update would have been displayed in everyones admin centre for the last week - we certainly haven't tried to hide it away. Also, although this is a critical update - it only affects certain server configurations so the chances are the majority of forums would not be affected.

That said, again I apologise for the delay in sending out the email - in the future we'll ensure it gets posted on the same day as the release.

Grudge
I'm only a half geek really...

Yonkey

Quote from: Eva on June 30, 2005, 08:20:55 AM
Hello!

Even though I upgraded just fine in the test Forum, when I tried to upgrade the real one through the package manager I got the following error:

2: copy(/home/fhlinux199/m/motorwomen-gr.co.uk/user/htdocs/community/Sources/Post.php~): failed to open stream: Permission denied
File: /home/fhlinux199/m/motorwomen-gr.co.uk/user/htdocs/community/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 1307

All file permissions are 777...

Any ideas?

I get the same errors every time I try upgrading via the Package Manager.  Just delete all the *.php~ files in your forum directory that will be upgraded by the 1.0.5 patch and you'll be fine. :)  I wonder if this problem has been fixed in 1.1 beta 3?  ???

!Hachi!

yeah me too i got this today ......
Happy Ramadan

dustrho

Quote from: Grudge on June 30, 2005, 08:43:43 AMThat said, again I apologise for the delay in sending out the email - in the future we'll ensure it gets posted on the same day as the release.

Thanks for the apology Grudge, but it really isn't necessary.  In no way was I trying to say anything bad about you or any of the other members on the SMF team.  I just thought I'd make it aware of the timeliness of when I received the email notification.  Thanks again for making the best forum software out there!

groovie

i was nervous about doing this one as the last one resulted in several hours troubleshooting (See last effort) - i went ahead however and everything was success until i clicked proceed and go this error:

An Error Has Occurred!
2: fopen(/home/****/public_html/forum/Sources/ManageMembers.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied
File: /home/****/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 1476

I thought perhaps this might be cause i didnt go directly to the forum bypassing mambo ie .com/forum .  So after this error i went straight to the smf forum ie .com/forum and it said i was now running 1.0.5.  But i looked at more details and two areas were still on 1.0.4 and templates are still on 1.0.1.  So i went to package manager and saw 1.0.5 and clicked apply mod and i got failure writing index.php but still clicked proceed and then got:

Extracting Package
The package was installed successfully. You should now be able to use whatever functionality it adds or changes; or not be able to use functionality it removes.

Now detailed version check is a bit of a mixed bag and reads as follows:

SMF File   Your Version   Current Version
SMF Package   SMF 1.0.5   SMF 1.0.5
Sources   1.0.5   1.0.5
Admin.php   1.0.4   1.0.4
BoardIndex.php   1.0   1.0
Calendar.php   1.0.3   1.0.3
Display.php   1.0.1   1.0.1
DumpDatabase.php   1.0   1.0
Errors.php   1.0.2   1.0.2
Help.php   1.0   1.0
InstantMessage.php   1.0.2   1.0.2
Karma.php   1.0   1.0
Load.php   1.0.2   1.0.2
LockTopic.php   1.0   1.0
LogInOut.php   1.0.2   1.0.2
MOS_SMF.php   ??   ??
ManageAttachments.php   1.0.1   1.0.1
ManageBoards.php   1.0.1   1.0.1
ManageMembers.php   1.0.5   1.0.5
ManagePermissions.php   1.0   1.0
ManageSmileys.php   1.0.2   1.0.2
Memberlist.php   1.0   1.0
MessageIndex.php   1.0   1.0
ModSettings.php   1.0.1   1.0.1
Modlog.php   1.0   1.0
MoveTopic.php   1.0.1   1.0.1
News.php   1.0.3   1.0.3
Notify.php   1.0   1.0
PackageGet.php   1.0.1   1.0.1
Packages.php   1.0.1   1.0.1
Poll.php   1.0.3   1.0.3
Post.php   1.0.5   1.0.5
Printpage.php   1.0   1.0
Profile.php   1.0.5   1.0.5
QueryString.php   1.0   1.0
Recent.php   1.0.2   1.0.2
Register.php   1.0.3   1.0.3
Reminder.php   1.0   1.0
RemoveTopic.php   1.0.1   1.0.1
RepairBoards.php   1.0   1.0
SSI.php   1.0.3   1.0.3
Search.php   1.0.5   1.0.5
Security.php   1.0.2   1.0.2
SendTopic.php   1.0   1.0
SplitTopics.php   1.0   1.0
Stats.php   1.0   1.0
Subs-Auth.php   1.0.3   1.0.3
Subs-Boards.php   1.0.5   1.0.5
Subs-Graphics.php   1.0   1.0
Subs-Package.php   1.0.3   1.0.3
Subs-Post.php   1.0.3   1.0.3
Subs.php   1.0.4   1.0.4
Themes.php   1.0.2   1.0.2
ViewQuery.php   1.0   1.0
Who.php   1.0   1.0
Default Templates   1.0.4   1.0.4
Admin.template.php   1.0.4   1.0.4
BoardIndex.template.php   1.0.1   1.0.1
Calendar.template.php   1.0   1.0
Display.template.php   1.0.3   1.0.3
Errors.template.php   1.0   1.0
Help.template.php   1.0   1.0
InstantMessage.template.php   1.0   1.0
Login.template.php   1.0   1.0
ManageAttachments.template.php   1.0   1.0
ManageBoards.template.php   1.0   1.0
ManageMembers.template.php   1.0   1.0
ManagePermissions.template.php   1.0   1.0
ManageSmileys.template.php   1.0   1.0
Memberlist.template.php   1.0   1.0
MessageIndex.template.php   1.0   1.0
Modlog.template.php   1.0   1.0
MoveTopic.template.php   1.0   1.0
Notify.template.php   1.0   1.0
Packages.template.php   1.0.1   1.0.1
Poll.template.php   1.0.3   1.0.3
Post.template.php   1.0   1.0
Printpage.template.php   1.0   1.0
Profile.template.php   1.0.4   1.0.4
Recent.template.php   1.0.1   1.0.1
Register.template.php   1.0   1.0
Reminder.template.php   1.0   1.0
Search.template.php   1.0   1.0
SendTopic.template.php   1.0   1.0
Settings.template.php   1.0   1.0
SplitTopics.template.php   1.0   1.0
Stats.template.php   1.0   1.0
Themes.template.php   1.0   1.0
Who.template.php   1.0   1.0
Wireless.template.php   1.0.1   1.0.1
index.template.php   1.0   1.0
Language Files   1.0.4   1.0.4
Admin.english.php   1.0.4   1.0.4
Errors.english.php   1.0   1.0
Help.english.php   1.0   1.0
Install.english.php   1.0   1.0
InstantMessage.english.php   1.0   1.0
Login.english.php   1.0   1.0
ManageBoards.english.php   1.0   1.0
ManageMembers.english.php   1.0   1.0
ManagePermissions.english.php   1.0   1.0
ManageSmileys.english.php   1.0   1.0
ModSettings.english.php   1.0   1.0
Modifications.english.php   1.0   1.0
Packages.english.php   1.0.1   1.0.1
Post.english.php   1.0   1.0
Profile.english.php   1.0   1.0
Settings.english.php   1.0   1.0
Stats.english.php   1.0   1.0
Themes.english.php   1.0   1.0
Who.english.php   1.0   1.0
Wireless.english.php   1.0   1.0
index.english.php   1.0.1   1.0.1
Current Templates   1.0.1   1.0.4

I have started a topic over at the mambo bridge area as i am bracing myself for a lot more troubleshooting of this issue.  That topic can be found here.  Please post any replies over there.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

xenovanis

groovie,

I doubt that this has anything to do with you using the Mambobridge. I updated through the packagemanager and had no problems at all.

Check if your /Sources directory is writable and try again.

Please do not doublepost. It is confusing and unnecessary.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

groovie

sorry i wasnt meaning to double post , in my mind i was redirecting to a place where it qould be less confusing as if i post things here then often other posts get put in between and it is hard to keep track.  it was a redirect not a double post and i did it because i experienceed the exact same thing lasts time i tried to upgrade. 

ronmsf2

Quote from: Grudge
That said, again I apologise for the delay in sending out the email - in the future we'll ensure it gets posted on the same day as the release.

Grudge

Thanks Grudge.  The e-mail notifications are very much appreciated.

Alan G

i'm getting a js error on the stats page now (in ie) to be fair it could have been there before as i'm usually on firefox... any ideas?

http://www.nottinghamculture.co.uk/leftlion/index.php?action=stats

cheers.

destalk

Out of interest. When 1.1 final is released, will 1.0.5 still be supported with security patches, should they be  required?

[Unknown]

Quote from: alang on June 30, 2005, 11:37:06 AM
i'm getting a js error on the stats page now (in ie) to be fair it could have been there before as i'm usually on firefox... any ideas?

http://www.nottinghamculture.co.uk/leftlion/index.php?action=stats

cheers.

You're running 1.1 Beta 3 Public, not 1.0.5.

Quote from: destalk on June 30, 2005, 11:46:05 AM
Out of interest. When 1.1 final is released, will 1.0.5 still be supported with security patches, should they be  required?

The 1.0 line will still be supported.

-[Unknown]

sight|i|picture

Is there any reason why the file: smf_1-0-5_update.tar.gz shows up as smf_1-0-5_update.tar.tar after downloading

and why it is called "update" inplace of "package"?

I can't get it 1.0.5 show up in my  SMF 1.0.4. package manager.
sightpicture

[Unknown]

It may be because of how you're downloading it.  Try the zip file if you're continuing to have problems.

Are you sure it doesn't show?  It's on the FIRST PAGE, before you go to ANY SERVER.  It says "Latest and Gratest Packages" or something similar.

-[Unknown]

sight|i|picture

Quote from: [Unknown] on June 30, 2005, 02:58:05 PM
It may be because of how you're downloading it.  Try the zip file if you're continuing to have problems.

Are you sure it doesn't show?  It's on the FIRST PAGE, before you go to ANY SERVER.  It says "Latest and Gratest Packages" or something similar.

-[Unknown]

I downloaded the .zip file and uploaded to the /Packages/ folder. Then I went into the Admin Panel > Package Manager > Browse Packages > no 1.0.5

The "A security issue has been identified in SMF 1.0.4. You can install this patch (click here to install) to easily update yourself to the latest version." link has never worked for me in the past. That is why I have to download > upload the file and run the package from the admin panel. But, this time around it isn't showing up.

I guess I could always do the upgrade option and run the .php file.
sightpicture

[Unknown]

Neither of those are the package manager update.  Again, the _package.tar.gz which the package manager helps you install is the package manager one.  All others are the upgrades as described in the various documentation linked to in the first topic.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: