News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

[WIP] Menu Editor

Started by Matthew K., August 21, 2010, 09:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KensonPlays

On topic:
I cannot wait to try it, since it will be free! (As far as I know)

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

DoctorMalboro

If you want to set permissions... just take a look to any SMF mod who has it or just take a look to the permissions comments...

Quote from: Runic on August 24, 2010, 06:28:08 AMand we all know about you kcmartz dont we :)
I hope to see a Brack1's reply... soon :P

hadesflames

So Labradoodle, might I ask how you plan on doing this mod?

KensonPlays

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

Deaks

labradoodle if you dont like the heat dont play in the flames ... simple
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

hadesflames

Deaks

do find it funny that hadesflames ask labradoodle specially and kcmartz responds ....
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Robbo_

I still think you are in over your head. You don't understand the complications of this mod. It is very simple in theory.
Aus-Newerth

Quote from: IRC
Roph> I just finished a double 1/2lb cheese, bacon & salad beef burger
Roph> no woman on earth could satisfy me as much as I am satisfied right now by this burger
... later on ...
Roph> how could ensie go about satisfying me =o
<Ensiferous> Roph: Merely looking at me would yield far more pleasure than a burger can provide.

hadesflames

Quote from: Robbo_ on August 25, 2010, 08:42:12 AM
I still think you are in over your head. You don't understand the complications of this mod. It is very simple in theory.

Depending on how he does it, it can be quite easy to make. If he's doing it the way I think he's doing it, then it won't be too hard to code, it also won't be too customizable.

Deaks

so we all know ive seen the code for aldo's and its good with lots of nice options
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Robbo_

Quote from: hadesflames on August 25, 2010, 09:42:03 AM
Quote from: Robbo_ on August 25, 2010, 08:42:12 AM

Depending on how he does it, it can be quite easy to make. If he's doing it the way I think he's doing it, then it won't be too hard to code, it also won't be too customizable.
Sorry. But I don't believe you know what you are talking about. If he wants to do it how it should be done then there are various 'hoops to jump' simply because of how SMF is coded. I am already making a menu manager which will be out when I have time and I have met these 'hoops' and know how to get over them. It is just a matter of having time.
Aus-Newerth

Roph> no woman on earth could satisfy me as much as I am satisfied right now by this burger
... later on ...
<Ensiferous> Roph: Merely looking at me would yield far more pleasure than a burger can provide.

Deaks

menu editor race has begun!!!!
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Robbo_

Quote from: Runic on August 25, 2010, 03:22:08 PM
menu editor race has begun!!!!
Lol. If he can make one which works how I need then there is no need for me to make one ;) So there is no 'race'.
Aus-Newerth

... later on ...

KensonPlays

I am sticking with labradoodles, vb's mods as much as possible.

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

Matthew K.

First of all Runic, as he has stated, this is not a race. If he completes his first, okay, mine is over. If I complete mine first, okay.

Secondly, it's too bad you guys are so discouraging and doubtful of my ability to code up such a mod.

Kcmartz - This is not a contest, and Robbo_ may very well complete this first, it all depends on my schedule, as I've not done any development on it since I overhauled it yesterday afternoon.

Labradoodle-360

Deaks

labradoodle, and have you gave anyone any indication previously on how well you can code ... didnt think so... all your mods are small tweaks .
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

KensonPlays

Labradoodle, I didn't mean it as a contest, its just vB and your mods have been so helpful!

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

Matthew K.

Actually, I have. It's just not public yet. It's what I've been working on since June, why my activity has dropped. It's also been the best learning experience for me in the coding world. And that is also the only reason I am skill wise able to write a mod like this, as it is complex, and I do agree, my mods are not showing a ton of experience right now.

But does that mean I don't have it now? Check the date of my last submitted mod.
Quote from: Runic on August 25, 2010, 06:43:05 PM
labradoodle, and have you gave anyone any indication previously on how well you can code ... didnt think so... all your mods are small tweaks .

Deaks

Labradoodle-360, if you cant understand why people are doubtful then you need to really think, yeh I see date of your last mod released but I also know your history from SMF ...
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Oya

Quote from: Kcmartz on August 25, 2010, 06:54:55 PM
Labradoodle, I didn't mean it as a contest, its just vB and your mods have been so helpful!

and what about all the mods everyone else has written aren't they helpful

Advertisement: