Simple Machines forms as an NPO

Started by Kindred, September 23, 2010, 10:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

No, but that is where we are at the moment - waiting for that one signature.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

cicka

Quote from: feline on April 12, 2011, 10:33:36 AM
QuoteUnfortunately, the person whose signature we need, has been moving house.
The moving needs more as two months and in this time he/she can't make a signature? Mysterious ...

It is not 2 months ago. K@ post where that is mentioned was done only several days ago.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=421547.msg3011915#msg3011915

kat

Actually, we have no idea as to what's taking him so long, because nobody seems able to contact him.

But, enough of all this.

You have the facts.

Believe them, or not, as you will.

Don't you think that all of us want v2 to go "Final"?

Think about it. Why would we be delaying it, deliberately?

We know it's making us look a bit daft. But, THERE'S NOTHING THAT WE CAN DO ABOUT IT!

Road Rash Jr.

There is actually, have the individual declaired a None Participant (Disinterested party) and move forward.
Thus the MIA individual by default looses all rights and claims.
Never argue with an Idiot like myself, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Quote from: Road Rash on April 12, 2011, 01:33:22 PM
There is actually, have the individual declaired a None Participant and move forward.
The person has to resign from the organization in order for us to move on. If s/he doesn't, then we have to wait for as long as s/he takes.

cicka

Quote from: (F.L.A.M.E.R) on April 12, 2011, 01:34:57 PM
Quote from: Road Rash on April 12, 2011, 01:33:22 PM
There is actually, have the individual declaired a None Participant and move forward.
The person has to resign from the organization in order for us to move on. If s/he doesn't, then we have to wait for as long as s/he takes.

I am sorry to say this but this does not make any sense at all. You can now wait forevever until someone can change his or her mind about something. I am very surprised to hear this. Smf is loosing a lot of credit over the delay on the final version and license change as it is. You should really spped things up.

IchBin™

Well regardless of what makes sense, the simple fact is we are waiting on 1 person. This person has been contacted and knows that we are waiting. Does he know how urgent it is? I don't know...

If anyone lives in Atlanta feel free to offer up your "free" personal detective services to find our member to deliver the document, get it signed, and then return it to us. :)
IchBin™        TinyPortal

cicka

Quote from: IchBin™ on April 12, 2011, 02:31:59 PM
Well regardless of what makes sense, the simple fact is we are waiting on 1 person. This person has been contacted and knows that we are waiting. Does he know how urgent it is? I don't know...

If anyone lives in Atlanta feel free to offer up your "free" personal detective services to find our member to deliver the document, get it signed, and then return it to us. :)

If it takes 2 months to get a signature from a person then something is seriously very wrong with your set up. What about if someone else from the staff will decide that he or she will need another 2 months to give his or her signature for something else. What then? Smf 2.0 final will never see the light of the day. I am very sorry to say this again but this is a recipe for failure. My faith and trust in Smf just got reduced very drastically. I really wish that you guys will get things organized very soon and turn things around for the better.

flapjack

you're missing the point. the main advantage of the new setup is that it will prevent this kind of situations happening again

Kindred

cicka,

as flapjack says, you have, apparently, missed the point.

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

poolhall

Quote from: K@ on April 12, 2011, 12:41:58 PM
Actually, we have no idea as to what's taking him so long, because nobody seems able to contact him.
try this: http://www.seacoast.org/contact

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

cicka

Quote from: Kindred on April 12, 2011, 03:36:45 PM
cicka,

as flapjack says, you have, apparently, missed the point.

Yes, you are right. I misunderstood the situation completely and I appologise for my little outburst but that was because I have taken a great liking to Smf and I want to see it going forward to better places.

kat

cicka

Quote from: Arantor on April 12, 2011, 05:15:29 PM
But you still have to get to that point so you can ensure it doesn't happen again... so no, I'd say the point wasn't missed at all.

Well, from what I was told, that was the old way of doing things which I misunderstood to be the current way. And once the license change will be finalised there will be nothing holding back Smf anymore.

Quote from: K@ on April 12, 2011, 04:46:41 PM
Come join the team, then! :)

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on April 12, 2011, 05:31:21 PM
+1

I would love to if only I had a little more free time.

Illori

Quote from: cicka on April 12, 2011, 05:50:38 PM

+1

you have enough time to make 1k posts if you keep up i bet you can earn a spot on the team.

Matthew K.

It's not a question on whether she has earned a spot on the team or not, as she was sent an invite in the past.
Quote from: Illori on April 12, 2011, 06:16:30 PM
Quote from: cicka on April 12, 2011, 05:50:38 PM

+1

you have enough time to make 1k posts if you keep up i bet you can earn a spot on the team.

billy2

A lone tumbleweed slowly blew across the dusty forum.

Advertisement: