News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF 2.0 Candidate 4 and SMF 1.1.12 have been released

Started by Norv, November 01, 2010, 02:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norv

Hello all,

Simple Machines is pleased to announce the immediate release of SMF 1.1.12 and SMF 2.0 RC4 to the public.
This version marks the fourth release candidate for 2.0, and includes about 350 new entries in the change log, consisting mostly of bug fixes, and interface tweaks and fixes mainly for the Curve theme.

We strongly recommend all users of earlier releases to upgrade to this release, because it contains a few security and privacy fixes, for both the 1.1.x line and 2.0.

As far as 2.0 RC4 is concerned, we are confident there are no major problems with this release, however there can still be. While we are still testing it, we recommend to not use it on live sites, unless you are comfortable with running software not yet considered stable.

Main points of this 2.0 release include:

• A couple of security-related fixes.
  • Better compatibility with RTL languages.
  • Several important fixes of attachments handling
  • Several fixes and improvements concerning other database systems, PostgreSQL and SQLite
  • Improvements of the behavior of PM feature in conversation mode
  • Improvements of the behavior for UTF8 charsets
  • Fixes and improvements of integration hooks
Please find the changelog as usual, on the downloads page: http://download.simplemachines.org/

Finally - please do not use this topic for support requests. You will get a much quicker and better response by posting in the relevant support board!

Regards,

Simple Machines
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

xyxis_fahim

Nice work SMF. Where to find change log for 1.1.12?

Norv

To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Oya

advice, don't use the version from custom.simplemachines.org/upgrades since that will install twice :/

guess i need to package up the patch myself :/

Matthew K.

DiGiTaLBoY07

Thanks SMF Team ! :D

Now I'm even more unsure if making a forum with SMF 1.1.12 or RC4 :D

Pentaxian

Thanks, SMF Team for all your time and work involved.

Looking

MaXiForum.cz

bloc

Congrats! One step further to a final SMF release too. :)

Robert.

Developers, i love you! :D Very nice job! :D Congrats! :D I will test them  out ;D

LiroyvH

((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

c23_Mike

Hi there!

Wonderful! A new milestone for RC4! Gz to all developers! So now everyone is looking forward to gold ;-)
So long, Mike

http://www.c23.at
c23 - DER Computer Club
~ never play alone ~

Joker™

Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Wiejeben

Congratulations! I'll update my forum as soon as possible.

Marcus Forsberg

Christian Otto

Congratulations!!! It's a pity that there isn't the paket manager update script... But no way out... The board is getting patched...
Moderierte Boards:
SMF 2.0 RC4/SP2.3.3

Advertisement: