News:

SMF 2.1.2 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Optimus

Started by Bugo, February 15, 2011, 03:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bugo

By default, this mod takes the first paragraph from the first topic to create the description. But you can use the Topic Descriptions mod with Optimus. It will help to fill more concrete descriptions. Or, if you are using the SMF 2.1.x, just enable "Allow a separate field for the topic description" option for that.

A different variant, open Class-Optimus.php, find
$row['body'] = parse_bbc($row['body'], false);
and replace with
$row['body'] = parse_bbc($row['body'], false);
$row['body'] = str_replace('Good afternon,<br />', '', $row['body']);

or with
$row['body'] = parse_bbc($row['body'], false);
$row['body'] = str_replace('Good afternon,<br /><br />', '', $row['body']);

njtweb

I can confirm FB posting is working now. It's taking the image from the topic. Twitter isn't working yet.

Portugal

Very thanks Bugo, i will g oto test it :) soon i will come here to give some feedback.



Thanks

njtweb

Working on both FB and Twitter now!

Portugal

#564
Hi Bugo,

After instal the new version of this great MOD, i try to read the sitemap, and i think its no good genareted, it includes in fact a large number of items, but give me the message psted here attached.
Ive changed from 50000 to 500000 to dont have a blank xml sitemap file. Any sugestion?

Thanks
Portugal

Portugal

Like i said before, after testing this solution i will come back with the results. Well, as as far i see it doesn´t work. I will go to test the mod you refer, but i think inst a good option, ive more than 30.000 topics until now.


Regards,
Thanks anyway Bugo


Quote from: Bugo on June 13, 2019, 09:21:47 PM
By default, this mod takes the first paragraph from the first topic to create the description. But you can use the Topic Descriptions mod with Optimus. It will help to fill more concrete descriptions. Or, if you are using the SMF 2.1.x, just enable "Allow a separate field for the topic description" option for that.

A different variant, open Class-Optimus.php, find
$row['body'] = parse_bbc($row['body'], false);
and replace with
$row['body'] = parse_bbc($row['body'], false);
$row['body'] = str_replace('Good afternon,<br />', '', $row['body']);

or with
$row['body'] = parse_bbc($row['body'], false);
$row['body'] = str_replace('Good afternon,<br /><br />', '', $row['body']);


Bugo

Any case you should not change Sitemap.php ("50000" etc.)

https://www.sitemaps.org/protocol.html
QuoteYou can provide multiple Sitemap files, but each Sitemap file that you provide must have no more than 50,000 URLs and must be no larger than 50MB (52,428,800 bytes). If you would like, you may compress your Sitemap files using gzip to reduce your bandwidth requirement; however the sitemap file once uncompressed must be no larger than 50MB. If you want to list more than 50,000 URLs, you must create multiple Sitemap files.

If you do provide multiple Sitemaps, you should then list each Sitemap file in a Sitemap index file. Sitemap index files may not list more than 50,000 Sitemaps and must be no larger than 50MB (52,428,800 bytes) and can be compressed. You can have more than one Sitemap index file. The XML format of a Sitemap index file is very similar to the XML format of a Sitemap file.

Optimus adds to the sitemap only those topics, the number of messages in which more than defined in the mod's settings. And these topics should be within the boards that available to guests.

sub0

Hi Bugo
I installed Optimus today but since then facing some issues. My SMF version is latest SMF 2.1 RC2


  • Sitemap is not generating
  • Missing Properties. When sharing topics/replies on Facebook. Facebook isn't fetching Topic title. before installing the Optimus it was fetching first image and title correctly.

Kindly help !

Bugo

1. Does the manual run via Scheduled Tasks not work too?
2. Give me an example (link) of a topic with such a problem.

sub0

Quote from: Bugo on June 25, 2019, 03:15:23 AM
1. Does the manual run via Scheduled Tasks not work too?
2. Give me an example (link) of a topic with such a problem.

Thank you for your reply.

1. Does the manual run via Scheduled Tasks not work too?
Answer: Manual Run didn't work also No sitemap was generated on Manual Run

2. Give me an example (link) of a topic with such a problem.

here a few screenshots of shared posts on Facebook:
https://i.imgur.com/yv5LNas.jpg

Bugo

#570
Try to install updated version v2.4.3 (https://github.com/dragomano/Optimus/archive/develop.zip)

Use https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/ for testing problem URLs of your site, and post here any notes.

njtweb

Think about donating towards this project. It helps immensely with google and bing placement. The project needs our help to stay alive. I greatly appreciate Bugo's effort's to keep it going.

Thank you Bugo.

lurkalot

Quote from: njtweb on June 14, 2019, 12:03:05 PM
I can confirm FB posting is working now. It's taking the image from the topic. Twitter isn't working yet.

Since trying this mod, when I share a TinyPortal bbc article to farcebook, it picks up the first image ok, but seems to be posting the bbcode from within the article as well.

njtweb

Hmmmmm, my articles are html. I don't do bbcode so that wasn't tested on mine.

Massl

Quote from: njtweb on June 28, 2019, 07:49:38 AM
Think about donating towards this project. It helps immensely with google and bing placement.

You're right, Bugo did a great job!

@rjen

Quote from: lurkalot on June 28, 2019, 03:03:59 PM
Since trying this mod, when I share a TinyPortal bbc article to farcebook, it picks up the first image ok, but seems to be posting the bbcode from within the article as well.

Similar issues with php articles... the PHP code is posted to facebook, not the resulting html...
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

Bugo

I have made special versions to testing these issues, try it.

@rjen

Look like that fixed the BBC articles Bugo!

I only tested the 2.0 version yet, but I am not seeing the bbc codes in the facebook posts anymore. Image is picked up and the description is showing without the bbc.

The php article is not showing php code anymore, bu it seems that both the og:title and the og:description are picking up the Article title.
Example article: https://test.fjr-club.nl/index.php?page=Welkom

I also see that the scaper has a problem picking up the image on this article, because the link is built up in php, showing random images. I dont think that has anything to do with Optimus though...

Invalid URL
Provided og:image URL, Documenten/Images/Illustraties/details', rand(1, 8), '.gif was not a valid URL.
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

lurkalot

@rjen haven't tested this one on php, or bbc articles yet, but have you tried a html article again with this new version, it appears to be posting the html code from my mine.  Will test properly later.

@rjen

2.2.1 seems to work fine on html articles in 2.0.15
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

Advertisement: