News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

2.0 Final has been released

Started by Norv, June 11, 2011, 07:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cellax

cicka

This is very great news. I was very surprised when I logged in now after several days of not being here and saw this announcement. I am very excited. Thank you to the Smf team for their hard work and dedication :)

TwitchisMental

Great news :D .  It is also awesome SMF is under the BSD license now.

Now I need to release my blooming red theme :).

Altzone

Awesome.
But where can I find some info on what the major differences are from 1.1.xx which I'm currently using?
Mainly in terms of the look and feel my users will experience.
I'm using the plain vanilla theme and everyone knows and likes it, so am a bit hesitant if 2.0 looks and handles significantly different.
My forum is here:
www.eevforum.com

Thanks
Dave.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: Altzone on June 16, 2011, 02:51:04 AM
Awesome.
But where can I find some info on what the major differences are from 1.1.xx which I'm currently using?
Mainly in terms of the look and feel my users will experience.
In terms of user experience - Well, you are currently posting to a 2.0 forum ;)
Look around, get to know this forum you are now on, and you will know how 2.0 functions.

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Which_version_of_SMF_should_I_use
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Johnny54

I am a moderator on a forum running SMF 2.0 (RC4, soon final) and wanted to learn more about  the admin part.
For that reason I planned to install it on a test environment.
Because SMF 2.0 final looked very close to being released I decided to wait for it.
I am glad it's finally here.
A big thanks to all of you.

gamebalance

Does it works to upgrade SMF1.1x to SMF2? :o
I just saw the news that SMF2 stable released and I think it's really great opportunity.
I have only 1 mod installed - akismet. Is it better to make upgrade or update?

Gary

To go from 1.1 to 2.0 you need the LARGE UPGRADE package.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Xarkurai

Useful paid mod: Badge Awards - Award members for actions

xrunner

Thanks and congratulations on finalization!

pivotraze

What a great time to come back to SMF. I haven't been using it for a while (sadly) but I'm making a whole new website, and forum, based on SMF. I loved SMF since 1.1.7, and used the first beta of SMF 2. Seeing the gold release of it may be the best thing for my new website!
Is currently nurturing his forum, Seafire Software Forums

rdbranson

Same problem as mayhem.

"Unknown column 'a.attachment_type' in 'field list'"

Any ideas?

-=[Vyorel]=-

Quote from: rdbranson on June 17, 2011, 01:24:33 AM
Same problem as mayhem.

"Unknown column 'a.attachment_type' in 'field list'"

Any ideas?

Quote from: Norv on June 11, 2011, 07:43:37 PM
Finally - please do not use this topic for support requests. You will get a much quicker and better response by posting in the relevant support board!

Post here.
My mods for SMF - [6].

Felix J

Great News Norv.

Thanks to all people who contributed and still contribute to this project in one way or another!

I just hope now when I will be trying 2.0 final I don't discover any massive bug.  :)

Bixby

Thanks for the continued dedication and hard work. I run two SMF 1.1.14 sites and look forward to upgrading to 2.0 Gold.

I am a true newb and have only used the package manager for my upgrades in the past so this will be a bit of a learning curve. Time to dig in I guess. I starting to read the upgrade procedure and got to PHPMyAdmin and CHMOD and the question marks started to pop into my head. I run my sites at GoDaddy and used their 1-Click installs. (That is how I discovered SMF). Anyways, it looks like I have some work ahead of me and need to start my learnin' proper.

Purpose of this message was not to ask for support, it was to congratulate the team. So, to all of you, good job, have some Champagne and celebrate the fruits of your labour. I will be off in the corner trying to get meself smart and stuff so I can use the cool new version. :)
Life is Short; Play Games!

Alex' Manson

so there will be something else called a "gold" version.. maybe.. payed? o.O

busterone

Gary

To add to that, SMF will never become a paid product.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Yup, no plans of ever going paid that I know of. SMF has always been, and will remain completely free - and now with the new license it really means free without limitations.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: