Main Menu

Installing mod error

Started by revail, August 26, 2012, 05:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

revail

Hello guys..
I have a problem installing mods on my forum
when im going to install a mod i have this error
"You cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory or one of the files in it are not writable!"

Does anyone know why i get this error??
If someone know and know how i can solve it plzz reply me :)

Kays

Hi, welcome to SMF. :)

In the Packages folder, create a new folder named temp and chmod it to 777. That should fix that.

I hope. ???

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

revail

when you are telling chmod it to 777 what you mean exactly to do?
im new and i dont everything well...:P
i didnt understand

Kays

How do I use FTP? / What is FTP?
How do I chmod? / what is chmod?

If you're using a site manager, try just creating the temp folder and see it that helps. If not then you might need to chmod it.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

revail

i cant do it :/
you can help me with skype or teamviewer?

Kays

My Mods

revail

i cant understand exactly what i must do :/

Kays

OK, let's start from the beginning. How did you install your forum?

If it was with an installer in your site control panel. Then somewhere in that control panel is a file manager which allows you to browse through the files on you site. Browse to folder your forum is installed in and then to the packages folder. There should be an option there to create a new folder.

The other method is to use an FTP client such as FileZilla. There should be more details on how to use one in the link I posted previously.

My Mods

revail

a friend has installed my forum..
but i have username and password and i can browse the files with filezilla

revail

i must go to forum folders?
then to the package folder and creater there a forlder named temp..and then inside in this folder named temp
i must make a text named chmod 777?

Kays

OK, then. Just browse to the Packages folder and open it. Then right click and select create directory. When that is done to check or change permission. Again right click and select File permissions. Basically, the permissions on the temp folder should be the same as the permissions of the other folders in your forum root.

My Mods

revail

i made it..!!!!!!!
Thank you my friendddddddddd :********* :D :D

Kays

Great, it wasn't that difficult to do was it. :)

Marked as solved.

My Mods

revail

yeah finally it wasnt so difficult :D

Kays

Forgot to ask. Are you able to install your mod now? ???

My Mods

revail

yes i was installed the mods that i want.. :P
but this mod i installed it but i cant find from where i can active it on the forum...
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3067
in my wamp server that i have for tests when i installed this mod i activated it forum modifications>miscalenious
but now on the live forum i cant find any option there or anywere else :P

Kays

It should be in the same place.

This mod uses hooks, can you verify that there's a file named "Subs-SimpleColorizer.php" in the Sources directory?

I wonder if it didn't get copied over.

My Mods

revail

I look there but its not there :/
yy it have a file named "Subs-SimpleColorizer.php"

Kays

If the file is there. Then the best place to start looking for answers is the support thread for that mod,

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=439878.0

My Mods

revail

@Kays i go to install new mod but i get again the same error..
i must make again new folder and chmod it?

ok this fixed the temp folder was deleted it..

Advertisement: