News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Breeze

Started by Suki, March 21, 2014, 07:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toxic__Waste

like i said i was using the 1.0.6 and after deleting the mod it had an option to remove all data which i did re installed the mod was able to go to the admins page that it was located on but like i said i was using the latest version you only have on listed on the mod site

Suki

Can you reproduce it?  I can't reproduce it on my local test or at my site.

Try posting this bit of code on any wall page:

<script>alert("hello");</script>

If you don't see an alert page then it means you're safe.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Suki

New release: Breeze 1.0.7

This release adds a new security layer by implementing the DOMPurify library to both comments and status messages.

It also fixes a wrong version on package-info.xml as well as adding the current version to the version tag on all files.

https://github.com/MissAllSunday/Breeze/releases/tag/v1.0.7

The green button is a ready to install package.

To upgrade just uninstall your previous mod version and DO NOT check the "Remove all data associated with this modification" checkbox.  Then proceed to install the new version.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Toxic__Waste

isorry had to go to work i uninstalled 1.0.6 and all the data installed the 1.0.7 went to a profile and added <script>alert("hello");</script> a pop up came up saying Hello pick in attachments

Suki

Thats not possible, the purify lib should have taken care of it and instead you should see an error message telling you to enter something on the textarea field.

Toxic__Waste

im telling you exactly what happened see for your self www.project-rainbow.org/site [nofollow]

Suki

Guest cannot see profile pages.

Toxic__Waste

my profile page with the script in the comments
http://www.project-rainbow.org/site/profile/?u=1 [nofollow]

Suki

A screen shot doesn't help, I need a regular user account.

Cmely

Hello Suki, and thank you for having made this mod which is very interesting.

I have however two questions :

1. I'm using Ultimate profile too. As Breeze is setup right now, it is the landing page when you click on a user's "profile" link. Is it possible, and how, to keep "Ultimate Profile" as the main page ? The behaviour I would expect would be :

[b]When [/b]"Profile link" is clicked [b]then [/b]
[b]if [/b]User have an Ultimate Profile go to Ultimate profile main page
[b]else [/b]go to Wall page (or Regular Profile page, it's equal for me)

2. Is it possible to use the custom CSS created in an Ultimate Profile page on the Breeze page ?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Suki

Both mods weren't designed to work together so no, there isn't an easy way to do what you want.

Cmely

Quote from: Suki on November 22, 2014, 03:29:44 PM
Both mods weren't designed to work together so no, there isn't an easy way to do what you want.

Well, too bad for me...I won't be able to use your great mod.

I have members who already have setup their Ultimate Profile page, as you can see on the few example provided below, and I believe they wouldn't like to lose their Personal Page.
http://www.lux-optima.com/index.php?action=profile;area=static;u=96
http://www.lux-optima.com/index.php?action=profile;area=static;u=671
http://www.lux-optima.com/index.php?action=profile;area=static;u=5

Maybe it is something you could consider for a future release ?
Or, let's dream a little bit (afterall Christmas is coming soon  ;D ;) ) a kind of integration of both mods ?

Suki

While it is possible to do what you ask, I just don't have the time to do it and it seems its something very few people would actually use. I rather prefer to add more features to my mod than integrating it with a similar one.

In theory you could replace Ultimate profile's comment system with Breeze's, just requires a bit of manual work to get it done.

If you don't want Breeze as the default profile page then open your Sources/Breeze/Breeze.php file, find and comment out this lines:

$profile_areas['info']['areas']['summary'] = array(
'label' => $tools->text('general_wall'),
'file' => Breeze::$folder . 'BreezeUser.php',
'function' => 'breezeWall',
'permission' => array(
'own' => 'profile_view_own',
'any' => 'profile_view_any',
),
);
// If the mod is enable, then create another page for the default profile page
$profile_areas['info']['areas']['static'] = array(
'label' => $tools->text('general_summary'),
'file' => 'Profile-View.php',
'function' => 'summary',
'permission' => array(
'own' => 'profile_view_own',
'any' => 'profile_view_any',
),
);

As for replacing UP comment system with Breeze's its just a matter of including Breeze js files and the template code on whatever file UP uses to display comments, its doable but requires lots of edits to get it done right.

Cmely

Quote from: Suki on November 23, 2014, 02:01:56 PM
While it is possible to do what you ask, I just don't have the time to do it and it seems its something very few people would actually use. I rather prefer to add more features to my mod than integrating it with a similar one.

I certainly understand that. This is perfectly normal.

Quote from: Suki on November 23, 2014, 02:01:56 PM
If you don't want Breeze as the default profile page then open your Sources/Breeze/Breeze.php file, find and comment out this lines:

Thank you very much for this information. I guess Breeze will still be functional even if it's not the default profile page ?

Suki

Well, Breeze is pretty much intact, the only thing now is that there is no actual page to display the wall.

Suki

For anyone interested, I finished the main features I wanted to add to the new version, some of the new features are:

- Revamped code, full OOP using Pimple for Dependency Injection and overall cleaner code, less files too!
- SMF's likes and mentions included on any status/comments.
- Fully integrated with SMF's alert system. The current actions are supported:

When someone post a status on my wall
When someone comment on a status I made
When someone comment on a status made on my wall
When someone mentions me on a comment or status on any wall
When someone likes a comment or status I made on any wall

- Revamp the old Breeze notification system, some of the actions currently supported are:

Alert people when I change my cover image.
Alert people when I change my mood.
Alert people when I like something.
Alert people when I make a status
Alert people when I make a comment.
Alert people when I create a new topic.

These are the actions you made your buddies or users in general will be able to see. Your users have full control over what they want to show, if they delete an alert it won't show up to anybody, only the alerts they have marked as enable will be visible to other users as well.

Both the alerts and the notifications can be expanded and I'm currently thinking what more actions can I cover.

- Cover upload feature. Your users will be able to upload an image, just like twitter or facebook, to act as their cover on their wall, admins can customize who can upload covers as well as the max width, height and size.
- My mood feature, little images that represents moods, your users will be able to change their mood from any post they made, the admin can add/edit/delete any image and set permissions for it.
- The wall page got revamped too, make it responsive (basic responsive support), the same for the general wall.
- The general wall now shows more stuff besides your buddies status/comments, if your buddies allow it, their actions will appear on your general wall.

- Auto-updating timeago text courtesy of Livestamp.js.
- Icons for alerts and logs from Font Awesome.

Anyone with a SMF 2.1 test install who wants to help out debugging it is welcome to get the latest package from github.

A demo can be found at my site

DragoN_PT

Oh, this looks nice! Great work.  ;)

br360

Quote from: DragoN_SAMP on March 03, 2015, 11:51:13 PM
Oh, this looks nice! Great work.  ;)

Seriously. This mod is awesome.

Suki

To Whom It May Concern!

Just finished revamping the buddy system:

The buddy system is now tied up with the SMF alert system, a typical case would be like this:

- User X sends a buddy invite to user Y.
- User Y receives an SMF alert informing user X wants to be your buddy.
- User Y has 2 options, either confirm or deny the invitation.
- If confirm, 2 logs will be fired and user X will receive another alert telling him/her that user Y confirmed the buddy request and they are now buddies!  Both users can decide if this even will be log into their own recent activity, there is now a new alert setting:

Alert people when I or a person I sent a buddy invitation to accept and confirms the buddy invitation

If user X or user Y has that option enabled, a log will be done with something like this:

user X and user Y have become buddies!.

If user Y rejects the invite, user Y has the possibility to put user X into a "block list" so that user X cannot send more invites to user Y, this is different than the regular ignore list.  User X will not know that user Y has him/her in that list, whenever user x tries to send an invitation, a general error will appear:

"you cannot send a buddy invitation to this user"

The same happens to people in your ignore list.

Still looking for ideas to improve the whole profile and the general wall template and add other "user events" that might be worth adding it to the user's "recent activity" stream.

DragoN_PT

Nice.

Honda approves!

Advertisement: