News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

@mention members

Started by Dragooon, May 02, 2014, 01:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moyack

Hi:

I just found this small bug. In Mentions.english.php it's needed to add $scripturl global variable to avoid log errors.

Code (find) Select
global $txt, $context;

Code (replace) Select
global $txt, $context, $scripturl;

Sectomy

hi,

i also have the Advanced Editor, in one thread theres a code you need to add to the mention mod, but i dont now where or which file, maybe anyone could help:

$('textarea[name=message]').add($('body.rich_editor', $('iframe#html_message').contents())).add($('body.advanced_editor', $('iframe#iframe_smfpacks_advanced_editor').contents())).add('#smfpacks_advanced_editor').atwho(mentions_config);

North East Man

I realise this is no longer supported but does anyone know how to make the pop up suggestion list have more items on it.  It shows me 10 possible members but I have 5000 members and with popular names like John or Gill, it isn't showing all the possible matches.

-Rock Lee-

You should reduce the number of matches as you apply more characters and I am not sure if it impacts negative this however it should change in file ../Themes/default/scripts/mentions.js line 17 just in case do not use very large values.

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

North East Man

Hi Rock Lee,

Thanks for that pointer.  I have now changed that number to 25 so now have up to 25 suggestions on the list - not enough to cover the most popular name, but covers most members.  Just had to clear the browser cache After making the change.

-Rock Lee-

I was testing with a local website of mine and it could support up to 50 references, but without traffic and it is a small database, so depending on the type of host have up to 30 should work without problems. Sorry I forgot to mention the cache is something normal that many times does not allow you to see the modifications made.

Regards!

ambre222

Hello,
I got this error Illegal mix of collations for operation 'in'
Fichier: /home/attrapes/public_html/forum/Sources/Mentions.php
Ligne: 193
when trying to mention for instance someone with weird accents Mügan.
Is there a way to fix that without changing the encoding of the database ?

Dephyrius

I realize that im liking missing something here, and am not sure what happened or what the last admin on our forums did after updating to 2.0.17 or what's happening. the @members mention mod shows its there, I click list files, they all seem to be there, but the mod doesn't work anymore. When I try and uninstall this is the screen I get and I'm not wanting to mess anything up in uninstalling and reinstalling it (which I suspect needs to be done).

jsx

What could be the reason why new mentions do not appear in the list of mentions in user profile?

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: Dephyrius on December 26, 2020, 12:03:21 PM
I realize that im liking missing something here, and am not sure what happened or what the last admin on our forums did after updating to 2.0.17 or what's happening. the @members mention mod shows its there, I click list files, they all seem to be there, but the mod doesn't work anymore. When I try and uninstall this is the screen I get and I'm not wanting to mess anything up in uninstalling and reinstalling it (which I suspect needs to be done).

Surely I replaced all the files with the new ones and did not leave the modification, you can try to see the parse of the mod to install manually.

Regards!°

shadav

Quote from: moyack on May 03, 2020, 10:08:08 AM
Hi:

I just found this small bug. In Mentions.english.php it's needed to add $scripturl global variable to avoid log errors.

Code (find) Select
global $txt, $context;

Code (replace) Select
global $txt, $context, $scripturl;

well I tried this but I am still getting tons of these errors
https://4rearth.info/index.php?
8: Undefined index: title
File: /Sources/Mentions.php
Line: 45

jsx

@GL700Wing

Changing the codes in the Mentions.php file that you provided in this post causes that new mentions to the user profile are not displayed.

Can you fix it?

I mean these codes for:

QuoteThe second is to enable forum admins to fix incorrectly formatted mentions in existing posts (eg, '@ name' instead of '@name') and to have the corrected mention attributed to the post author (by default the corrected mention is attributed to the member editing the post).

jsx

@GL700Wing

Changing this code causes that the mention is not displayed in the mentions table in the user's profile.

Find:

array($id_post, $user_info['id'], $mention['id'], time()),

Replace With:

// Use $mention_member_id instead of $user_info['id'].
array($id_post, $mention_member_id, $mention['id'], time()),

GL700Wing

Quote from: jsx on February 08, 2021, 01:47:02 PM
@GL700Wing

Changing this code causes that the mention is not displayed in the mentions table in the user's profile.
@JSX - Please do not bump messages within 24-48 hours and please do not PM me for support unless I ask you to (this is the second time you have done this!).
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

jsx

1. First of all, I do not intentionally bump the post, after some time it is not possible to edit the post here in the forum. And after some time I did the test by replacing the codes one by one and came to the conclusion that this code prevents displaying a new mention in the table of mentions. So I added a post telling you which code is blocking the new mention. Did I do something wrong? No. So stop being rude.

2. This forum does not have a mentions system so @username does not work - so that's why I sent you a normal message to take a look at this bug! That it was a kindly private message. Just because users still reporting this problem to me, that there is no new mention in the mentions table. Did I do something wrong? No.

3. Before you add a generally available tutorial, check if everything works properly after changing the codes. And if someone detects a bug and reports it, just be friendly! Being nice isn't complicated. Unless you have a problem with that so okay.

4. If you want to be nasty then you should write it to me privately, not in the modification thread.

5. On October 25, 2020, I sent you a private message asking: "These changes may be implement to "@mention members" package? I mean to install this mod with these changes already".

And I mentioned to you:

"I understand, that's why I ask in a private message if there is such a possibility to not clutter the help topic. If it is possible, then I will ask for help on this topic".

It's a normal question and you answered my questions and you had no problem.

I know that the forum is used to help and I just sent a private message kindly, that's all.

GL700Wing

Quote from: jsx on February 09, 2021, 12:31:51 AM
1. First of all, I do not intentionally bump the post, after some time it is not possible to edit the post here in the forum. And after some time I did the test by replacing the codes one by one and came to the conclusion that this code prevents displaying a new mention in the table of mentions. So I added a post telling you which code is blocking the new mention. Did I do something wrong? No. So stop being rude.
Fair enough re not being able to edit your previous post.  I wasn't rude - I was polite ...

Quote2. This forum does not have a mentions system so @username does not work - so that's why I sent you a normal message to take a look at this bug! That it was a kindly private message. Just because users still reporting this problem to me, that there is no new mention in the mentions table. Did I do something wrong? No.
Did you do something wrong - in my opinion, and given that you sent the PM less than five minutes after you posted your second message here, Yes!

Quote3. Before you add a generally available tutorial, check if everything works properly after changing the codes. And if someone detects a bug and reports it, just be friendly! Being nice isn't complicated. Unless you have a problem with that so okay.
Apologies for not testing this fully and thank you for reporting the issue. My suggestion is that you remove the code change I suggested until I have time to investigate it. 

Quote4. If you want to be nasty then you should write it to me privately, not in the modification thread.
I wasn't nasty - I was polite ...

GL700Wing

Quote from: jsx on January 01, 2021, 05:24:15 AM
What could be the reason why new mentions do not appear in the list of mentions in user profile?
Yes - if you implemented the second enhancement suggestion I made I accidentally omitted another change that is required in ./Sources/Subs-Post.php and the reason I hadn't noticed it on the forums I use this enhancement on was because I had actually made that required change - apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

The additional change required in ./Sources/Subs-Post.php is as follows:
Find:
// Alright, done now... we can abort now, I guess... at least this much is done.
ignore_user_abort($previous_ignore_user_abort);

if (!empty($msgOptions['mentions']))
mentions_process_store($msgOptions['mentions'], $msgOptions['id'], $msgOptions['subject'], $msgOptions['approved']);

Replace With:
// Alright, done now... we can abort now, I guess... at least this much is done.

// Fix for bug - see https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=522005.msg3695332#msg3695332
// Added $posterOptions['id'] and $posterOptions['name'] as these options are now required for mentions_process_store.
mentions_process_store($msgOptions['mentions'], $msgOptions['id'], $msgOptions['subject'], isset($msgOptions['approved']) ? $msgOptions['approved'] : 1, $posterOptions['id'], $posterOptions['name']);

The two enhancement suggestions (which includes the change shown above) are now as follows:

The first is, if the option 'Enable mentions e-mail by default' is enabled, to also notify a member by PM that they have been mentioned and then to only send an email message if the member does not receive email notifications of PMs.

In ./Sources/Mentions.php
Find:
sendmail($mention['email_address'], $subject, $body)
Replace With:
// Send the mention notification by PM.
sendpm(array('to' => array($mention['id']), 'bcc' => array()), $subject, $body);

// If the member being mentioned does not receive email notifications of PMs send a separate email message.
$result = $smcFunc['db_query']('', '
SELECT id_member, pm_email_notify
FROM {db_prefix}members
WHERE id_member = {int:mention_id}',
array(
'mention_id' => (int) array($mention['id']),
)
);
$row = $smcFunc['db_fetch_assoc']($result);
$smcFunc['db_free_result']($result);
$pmMailNotify = ($row['pm_email_notify']);
if ($pmMailNotify == 0)
sendmail($mention['email_address'], $subject, $body);

The second is to enable forum admins to fix incorrectly formatted mentions in existing posts (eg, '@ name' instead of '@name') and to have the corrected mention attributed to the post author (by default the corrected mention is attributed to the member editing the post).

In ./Sources/Mentions.php
Find:
function mentions_process_store(array $mentions, $id_post, $subject, $approved = true)
{
global $smcFunc, $txt, $user_info, $scripturl;

Replace With:
function mentions_process_store(array $mentions, $id_post, $subject, $approved = true, $pa_id, $pa_name)
{
global $smcFunc, $txt, $user_info, $scripturl;

// Check if the user editing post is the same as the post author.
$mention_member_id = $user_info['id'];
$mention_member_name = $user_info['name'];
if ($pa_id != $user_info['id'])
{
$mention_member_id = $pa_id;
$mention_member_name = $pa_name;
}

Find:
array($id_post, $user_info['id'], $mention['id'], time()),
Replace With:
// Use $mention_member_id instead of $user_info['id'].
array($id_post, $mention_member_id, $mention['id'], time()),

Find:
'MEMBERNAME' => $user_info['name'],
Replace With:
// Use $mention_member_name instead of $user_info['name'].
'MEMBERNAME' => $mention_member_name,

In ./Sources/Post.php
Find:
if (!empty($topic_info['locked']) && !allowedTo('moderate_board'))
Add Before:
// Added pa_id to user_info to enable Admins to correct mentions in existing posts and have the mention attributed to the post author.
$user_info['pa_id'] = $row['id_member'];

Find:
$posterOptions = array(
'id' => $user_info['id'],
'name' => $_POST['guestname'],
'email' => $_POST['email'],
'update_post_count' => !$user_info['is_guest'] && !isset($_REQUEST['msg']) && $board_info['posts_count'],

Add After:
// Added pa_id and pa_name to enable Admins to correct mentions in existing posts and have the mention attributed to the post author.
'pa_id' => isset($_REQUEST['msg']) && !empty($topic) ? $user_info['pa_id'] : $user_info['id'],
'pa_name' => $_POST['guestname'],

In ./Sources/Subs-Post.php
Find:

mentions_process_post($msgOptions, $topicOptions, $posterOptions);
mentions_process_store($msgOptions['mentions'], $msgOptions['id'], $msgOptions['subject'], $msgOptions['approved']);

Replace With:
// If an Admin is modifying another member's post to correct mentions have the mention attributed to the post author.
if ($user_info['is_admin'] && isset($posterOptions['pa_id']) && ($posterOptions['id'] !== $posterOptions['pa_id']))
{
$pa_posterOptions = $posterOptions;
$pa_posterOptions['id'] = $posterOptions['pa_id'];
$pa_posterOptions['name'] = $posterOptions['pa_name'];
mentions_process_post($msgOptions, $topicOptions, $pa_posterOptions);
}
else
mentions_process_post($msgOptions, $topicOptions, $posterOptions);

// Fix for bug - see https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=522005.msg3695332#msg3695332
// Added $posterOptions['pa_id'] and $posterOptions['pa_name'] to enable Admins to correct mentions in existing posts and have the mention attributed to the post author.
mentions_process_store($msgOptions['mentions'], $msgOptions['id'], $msgOptions['subject'], isset($msgOptions['approved']) ? $msgOptions['approved'] : 1, $posterOptions['pa_id'], $posterOptions['pa_name']);

Find:

mentions_process_store($msgOptions['mentions'], $msgOptions['id'], $msgOptions['subject'], isset($msgOptions['approved']));

Replace With:

// Added $posterOptions['id'] and $posterOptions['name'] as these options are now required for mentions_process_store.
mentions_process_store($msgOptions['mentions'], $msgOptions['id'], $msgOptions['subject'], isset($msgOptions['approved']) ? $msgOptions['approved'] : 1, $posterOptions['id'], $posterOptions['name']);

FragaCampos

I want to thank you for this, Shambles. I just installed this mod and I was having this error.
Your solution works perfectly (although I had to read all messages, because the error is not in text format, but in an image, which is not searchable).

Quote from: Shambles on December 04, 2019, 02:34:33 PM
Under PHP 7.1, when unchecking Profile > Profile Info > Mentions > E-mail mention notifications:

The (bool) cast within Mentions.php is no longer returning 0 when false; it's returning null, causing the above error.

Solution:

Sources/Mentions.php

Code (Find) Select

if (!empty($_POST['save']) && $user_info['id'] == $memID)
updateMemberData($memID, array('email_mentions' => (bool) !empty($_POST['email_mentions'])));

Code (Replace) Select

if (!empty($_POST['save']) && $user_info['id'] == $memID)
updateMemberData($memID, array('email_mentions' => empty($_POST['email_mentions']) ? 0 : 1));

FragaCampos

I'm also getting this error sometimes.
Could it be due to special chars like spaces and é,à,ç, etc.?

Quote from: ambre222 on November 13, 2020, 08:56:21 AM
Hello,

FragaCampos

Ok, I managed to fix this with these modification and now it seems to accept special characters and spaces.
https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=522005.msg3877028#msg3877028

Quote from: ambre222 on November 13, 2020, 08:56:21 AM
Hello,

Advertisement: