News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Odds and sods

Started by Sir Osis of Liver, February 21, 2019, 05:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Osis of Liver

Trying to get myself to like 2.1 RC1 (so far unsuccessfully :P), have run into several glitches in IE11, don't know if they've been reported.

- Token failure.  Vaguely remember seeing this in alpha, not sure where it occurred, haven't been able to replicate it.

- User menu fails to open.  Has happened twice, coming out of ACP.  Unable to replicate.  Just happened again, two tabs open, died in both.  Dropping Messages menu, then back to User fixed it.

- Profile option for 'Use full editor toolbar in Quick Reply' does nothing other than add/remove text about manually typing bbc tags, no effect on toolbar.

- This could be written better -

You can add a second level of security to your forum by enabling Two Factor Authentication. 2FA forces your users to add a enter a machine-generated code after the regular login. You need to configure 2FA to yourself before you are able to force it to other users!
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Arantor

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on February 21, 2019, 05:03:50 PM
Trying to get myself to like 2.1 RC1 (so far unsuccessfully :P)

It's nice to know all the hard work is appreciated.

As for the user menu etc. did you take a look in the inspector in case there were any errors logged in there?

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: Arantor on February 21, 2019, 05:10:58 PM
It's nice to know all the hard work is appreciated.

Don't like most of Mozart's music, but wouldn't argue he's not a great composer.

As for the user menu etc. did you take a look in the inspector in case there were any errors logged in there?

Will check if I get it to do it again. 

Server is logging a lot of these -

[21-Feb-2019 17:10:14 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant SMF_VERSION - assumed 'SMF_VERSION' in /home/thekrash/public_html/smf21/Sources/Load.php on line 77

[21-Feb-2019 17:10:14 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant SMF_VERSION - assumed 'SMF_VERSION' in /home/thekrash/public_html/smf21/Sources/Load.php on line 86

[21-Feb-2019 17:10:54 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant SMF_VERSION - assumed 'SMF_VERSION' in /home/thekrash/public_html/smf21/Sources/Load.php on line 77

[21-Feb-2019 17:10:54 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant SMF_VERSION - assumed 'SMF_VERSION' in /home/thekrash/public_html/smf21/Sources/Load.php on line 86

[21-Feb-2019 17:10:58 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant SMF_VERSION - assumed 'SMF_VERSION' in /home/thekrash/public_html/smf21/Sources/Load.php on line 77

[21-Feb-2019 17:10:58 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant SMF_VERSION - assumed 'SMF_VERSION' in /home/thekrash/public_html/smf21/Sources/Load.php on line 86

[21-Feb-2019 17:11:07 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant SMF_VERSION - assumed 'SMF_VERSION' in /home/thekrash/public_html/smf21/Sources/Load.php on line 77

[21-Feb-2019 17:11:07 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant SMF_VERSION - assumed 'SMF_VERSION' in /home/thekrash/public_html/smf21/Sources/Load.php on line 86

[21-Feb-2019 17:11:10 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant SMF_VERSION - assumed 'SMF_VERSION' in /home/thekrash/public_html/smf21/Sources/Load.php on line 77

[21-Feb-2019 17:11:10 America/New_York] PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant SMF_VERSION - assumed 'SMF_VERSION' in /home/thekrash/public_html/smf21/Sources/Load.php on line 86

- R. Waters

Arantor

Sir Osis of Liver

Uploading current github package, should include the patch.

Ok, that helped.  Server errors have stopped, full editor option toggles smileys in quick reply, weren't there before.  User menu is behaving so far.

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

RC2 - can't remove member approval alert from Admin menu button.  Deleted unapproved member and alert (from Alerts), admin link to member approvals displays no member to approve, still shows one approval alert in button.

Disabling registration removes signup link.  No link, no way for guests to know registration is disabled, very confusing.

- R. Waters

Kindred

nope...   that last bit is standard SMF logic and I agree with it.

If you can't complete the action, you should not even see the option to select the action.

If registration is disabled, don't show the registration option.  Completely logical and correct behavior, IMO.
not sure how that is confusing.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

We sometimes see posts from people trying unsuccessfully to register on forums.  Anyone with any familiarity with forumware will expect to see a registration link, or something to indicate how to join the forum, or why they cannot.  As far as it being 'standard SMF logic', it hasn't been in the past, afaik all versions thru 2.0.15 display registration links (two in Curve) when reg is disabled, with an error message that explains why you can't register.  It may be logical, but it's no help to new visitors to the forum.

- R. Waters

SychO

QuoteRC2 - can't remove member approval alert from Admin menu button.  Deleted unapproved member and alert (from Alerts), admin link to member approvals displays no member to approve, still shows one approval alert in button.

Did you accept or reject the registration ?
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

Sir Osis of Liver

Went directly to members and deleted it, now there's nothing in approval queue, just the alert in Admin button.

- R. Waters

SychO

what does "deleted" mean ? did you delete the member's account or did you reject the registration ?
Checkout My Themes:
-

Sir Osis of Liver

I didn't reject the registration, I was in Admin -> Members looking at something else, deleted the unapproved registrant, that removed it from Members and from approval queue.  Deleted the alert from Alerts, it's also gone, but the alert in Admin button is still there, no way to remove it.

- R. Waters

SychO

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on May 31, 2019, 01:35:31 PM
I didn't reject the registration, I was in Admin -> Members looking at something else, deleted the unapproved registrant, that removed it from Members and from approval queue.  Deleted the alert from Alerts, it's also gone, but the alert in Admin button is still there, no way to remove it.

I see, thanks with this I can try to reproduce the issue
Checkout My Themes:
-

Sir Osis of Liver

- R. Waters

SychO

Yup I'm able to reproduce it now, it only happens when you have some accounts that need approval but you have changed the registration mode to something other than approval.

You can fix it by switching back to Admin Approval, and then recounting the stats from the maintenance routine area

logged on github
https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/issues/5697
Checkout My Themes:
-

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: SychO on May 31, 2019, 01:50:52 PM
You can fix it by switching back to Admin Approval, and then recounting the stats from the maintenance routine area

Yup, it's gone.

Dang, I miss the sidebar menus. :(

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

Caching seems to be different in 2.1, code changes in theme and source files are not applied immediately, if at all.  Caching is disabled in Server Settings.  I can delete blocks of code and nothing changes.  What's causing this?

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

2.1 is like a dog.  Don't much like dogs, dogs don't like me.  Nothing wrong with dogs, we just don't get along.

Same with 2.1. :(

- R. Waters

Antes

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on June 02, 2019, 12:58:26 AM
2.1 is like a dog.  Don't much like dogs, dogs don't like me.  Nothing wrong with dogs, we just don't get along.

Same with 2.1. :(

But its designed by a cat :|

shawnb61

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on June 01, 2019, 07:31:42 PM
Caching seems to be different in 2.1, code changes in theme and source files are not applied immediately, if at all.  Caching is disabled in Server Settings.  I can delete blocks of code and nothing changes.  What's causing this?

I don't see anything like this...   Are you sure you don't have some form of server caching enabled?
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Advertisement: