News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF 1.0.6 Released

Started by Grudge, January 28, 2006, 06:39:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nexus665

Upgraded two sites without a hitch using package manager.

My third site had some permission issues, so I entered the ftp details (correctly, they've worked before, too). However many times I tried this, it still would not let me click proceed but present the ftp prompt over and over.
So I manually adjusted the perms via my FTP client and it installed just fine.

Still seems silly that it couldn't do this via FTP itself since it has worked for me in the past.

Anyway, pretty painless upgrade for me.

RoarinRow

Quote from: Grudge on January 30, 2006, 06:43:17 PM
The two Subs is correct - this patch contains three mod files (One for 1.0.6 then one for each of the compatibility fixes). All the failures are rather concerning though - what mods do you have installed? It's strange that index.php worked and all the rest failed.

I had to uninstall the patch because I rec'd the 400 Error Code - Bad Request and could not get to my site.  I had to use another tool to restore to a previous working date before the patch.

My question is when I uninstall the patch will it also uninstall the compatibility fixes, and the one I'm concerned about is the MySQL 5.0.12 compatibility updates.

Please let me know.  I can't have the site go down again if this uninstall still leaves this MySQL compatibility fix behind.  Thanks!

SMF 2.0
TP 1.0 RC1.1
Wordpress 3.1.3

vi3t

Quote from: vi3t on January 31, 2006, 03:02:32 AM
when i updated to 1.0.6 after the update file, i noticed a issue..

in the posts who has been posted, when i read it with an url, like [url] tagged, it displays in the code:
<a <br /> href="adresse">Name</a>.

I hope someone can solve this for me.

seems like nobody can help me, then maybe i should edit it myself :/

Gary

Nice stuff. A friends board has been updated to 1.0.6, which is good, I'm trying to get another to update. My board doesnt need it though. heheh.
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

bmkane

I get the The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF error trying to run this update from the link in the Admin Center, as described by one poster at the beginning of this thread.  I have read through most of this thread and haven't seen anyone address this issue.

Trying to do this update via the Package Manager produces the same result.

Documentation about how to update manually is very sketchy. 

Can someone point me to a clear, well-written set of instructions and/or a possible fix to the automatic install option?

kegobeer

What's "sketchy" about the included instructions?
"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." - Norman Schwarzkopf
Posting and you (Click "WATCH THIS MOVIE")

bmkane

What "included" instructions?

In the smf_1-0-6_package.tar.gzp file I downloaded from the link at the top of this thread, there are no instructions.

Links to help docs in the file called "package-info.xml" to http://mods.simplemachines.org/docs/manual-install.php result in a non-existant page and eventual redirection here.

The "Support" page says "Please forgive us for the mess; this section has not yet been completed" and also redirects you here.

So far I have yet to come across any useful step-by-step instructions in this thread.

So where do I find them?

kegobeer

I was referring to the update package available on the download page, not the file attached to the first post in this thread.  If you don't have mods, just download the update package, extract to your computer, upload the files and run the update script.
"The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it." - Norman Schwarzkopf

Grudge

vi3t,

Can you start a topic about that in the support board - with the exact code you are using that causes that issue?

RoarinRow,

Uninstalling will remove the compatibility update, but you can reinstall that separately as the 5.0.12 compatibility does not cause any problems with the admin getting to the admin centre IIRC
I'm only a half geek really...

Foreverpurple

When I try to apply the update:

An Error Has Occurred!
2: rmdir(/home/purpleme/public_html/bb/Packages/temp/sourcefiles): Permission denied

Grudge

I would have thought at that point the patch has been applied? Sounds like the Packages directory needed chmod'ing to 777
I'm only a half geek really...

RoarinRow

Quote from: Grudge on February 01, 2006, 06:36:43 PM
vi3t,

Can you start a topic about that in the support board - with the exact code you are using that causes that issue?

RoarinRow,

Uninstalling will remove the compatibility update, but you can reinstall that separately as the 5.0.12 compatibility does not cause any problems with the admin getting to the admin centre IIRC

Thanks Grudge, I was hoping you'd say that, but I've been getting a 500 Internal Server error since the install and removal of the patch.  I already started a thread on it, just FYI for you.

SMF 2.0
TP 1.0 RC1.1
Wordpress 3.1.3

vdubbia

why on the dowload page is the one package downloaded as 'tar.tar' instead of 'tar.gz'?

Says corrupted when I use package mgr, but when installed manually it worked fine.  Had to manually change extension to .tar.gz/extract/upload/upgrade.

All .tar file packages on download page are downloading as tar.tar instead of tar.gz...  fyi.

kegobeer

Quote from: wowzer on February 02, 2006, 02:42:45 AM
All .tar file packages on download page are downloading as tar.tar instead of tar.gz...  fyi.

Verified on IE.  This could just be the browser trying to guess at the filetype.  What browser(s) is/are you using?

redone

IE did not download it correctly for me but Firefox did! Odd indeed.

wisdom

I've just installed the 1.0.6 update on my board hxxp:www.wisdom.dk/Forum [nonactive] without any problems at all.

Nice job, lads, well done  :D

Cheese-Burger

Mines all messed up now lol. I can`t even uninstall the update  :(
Hate code. Love burgers

redone

If you have a support question regarding the update please post a thread regarding that so it can be resolved. Generally speaking updates, upgrades etc go without a problem.

:)

Skipdawg

I think I am seeing a trend here so far. Could be wrong.

Those with a lightly modded forum or fresh install of 1.0.6 seem to have had a good install or update.

Those who had many Mods and maybe some customization seem to have had or are having issues of some type or another.

Some got the package manager to work and others could not use it. Maybe a Hosting server issue? I don't know but do find that rather odd.

Next update maybe a note of caution needs to be added that a modded customized forum may have problems.

But even with all that happened I still see SMF as a better forum that phpBB or vBulletin  ;)
Skipdawg's Community