SMF 1.0 Public Beta Available

Started by [Unknown], March 10, 2004, 03:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dawgy

Wow! I like the standard template that comes with it!

whiterabbit

Oh yeah!! ..
It's great... trying it just now...  :D

umm... BTW
It seem has a problem.
I cannot turn off the NOTICE error message eventhough I set the error_reporting to E_ALL^E_NOTICE
or even 0

how come ???
One pill makes you larger, and one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you, don't do anything at all

Homer_J_S

Quote from: [Unknown] on March 10, 2004, 03:13:14 PM
Please remember to read the license.  Even if you do not, you are bound by it and may not redistribute SMF or change/remove any displayed copyrights.  We will go after people who do not follow these terms, so if you are not willing to abide by them please do not use SMF.
Is the license online somewhere on this site? Or is it only included the download file? If its already on this site please forgive the question but I could not find it anywhere and I would like to read it before downloading it. Thanks in advance.   

sneedo

This is a masterpiece, thanks so much for your hard work !!

Grudge

Homer J S. I've attached the license as it currently stands to this post.
I'm only a half geek really...

[Unknown]

Quote from: Homer_J_S on March 14, 2004, 02:25:06 PM
Is the license online somewhere on this site? Or is it only included the download file? If its already on this site please forgive the question but I could not find it anywhere and I would like to read it before downloading it. Thanks in advance.

You might also find it here:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/license.txt

-[Unknown]

Homer_J_S

Quote from: Grudge on March 14, 2004, 02:39:05 PM
Homer J S. I've attached the license as it currently stands to this post.
Thanks Grudge. I can't wat to impliment SMF into the site I am currently developing.
kudos to all the developers on this milestone. 

LiroyvH

I dunno if this is the place to ask it but...

how can I fix:

Notice: Undefined index: theme_template_error in /home/jess/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 813

(forum wont load at all)
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Pharos

super forum i hope that everybody will help to make it the best forum in the world ;D

pulpitfire

Quote from: XrD.nl on March 14, 2004, 03:14:16 PM
I dunno if this is the place to ask it but...

how can I fix:

Notice: Undefined index: theme_template_error in /home/jess/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 813

(forum wont load at all)

might want to try here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=9.0

what did you attempt to do right before you got that error?

LiroyvH

well... I changed Board URL's in settings.php and moved the board to another directory :S

[Unknown]

You'll have to use the attached script to do that for now.  Just put it in the new path and run it.

-[Unknown]

LiroyvH

thanks!!

only had to fix the themes :)

Doogles

Congratulations to one and all. Your many, many months of hard work are much appreciated. As one of your most techno-challenged older members I am looking forward to giving simple machines a spin. If I can install it and run it, then anybody can. I'll let you know how it goes.

Challenge #1. How the heck do I add a smiley to this "Quick Reply"?
I see no Smiley list or drag n' Drop box.

Ah HAH! I add the little devils in Preview Mode. Most first-timers won't know that. Maybe it should be mentioned in the bottom margin of the "Quick Reply" box.   ???  :)
Best to all,
Doogles
hxxp:www.biznetcommunications.com/ [nonactive]
hxxp:www.i-fur.com/ [nonactive]
hxxp:www.montelle-intimates.com/ [nonactive]

Peter Duggan

Quote from: Doogles on March 14, 2004, 05:13:24 PM

You should be able to type the codes straight to Quick Reply, since clicking the images is only a short cut to the same thing.

Doogles

Quote from: Peter Duggan on March 14, 2004, 05:17:36 PM
Quote from: Doogles on March 14, 2004, 05:13:24 PM

You should be able to type the codes straight to Quick Reply, since clicking the images is only a short cut to the same thing.

Thanks. Guess I will have to learn the codes.  How do you find messages you have written. With the search function?  Or is there another way?
Best to all,
Doogles

Peter Duggan

Quote from: Doogles on March 14, 2004, 05:49:53 PM
Thanks. Guess I will have to learn the codes.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=help;s=users;sa=posting#emoticons

NB This doc is currently being rewritten, so there'll be a new version sometime...

How do you find messages you have written. With the search function?  Or is there another way?

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=profile;u=1177;sa=showPosts

Doogles

Many thanks Peter. I will study up on the doc.  Your links were  the perfect way to answer. Very helpful to me.

I think I had better stay here awhile and learn to use the board before I try Installing one.
Lot's to learn. But it seems well-thought out and organized, so even I should be able to master it. Again, well-done to the whole team.
Best to all,
Doogles

ryguy2008

QuoteImages won't display
An issue has been found with bbc that will screw up images. Please update with the latest packages to solve this problem.

Thats what it says on the homepage of the admin area.....   :-X What should we upgrade?

Ryan

[Unknown]

Download the "update" package and upload all the files in it.... mainly Subs.php.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: