News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF Translation FAQ

Started by bostasp, March 18, 2004, 12:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel D.

Quote from: Dennis M on January 14, 2007, 08:19:18 PM
Tell me if we get that translation or not! I am in need of it so I'm going to start. However, I can't do the buttons so I can give the words to someone else to do buttons for me.

Regards,
Dennis
From which translation are you talking about? ??? btw: You can use the buttontranslators in the posts above, but please tell me which translation.

agridoc

Daniel, I believe that Dennis M wants Italian language files (he posted also in Italian SMF support).

In http://62.149.233.170/community/index.php?topic=1231.0 Italian language files for SMF 1.1 can be found. You must be registered to see and download attachments.

For Greek aeromodellers and our friends around the world  - Greek Button sets for SMF - Greeklish to Greek mod
Δeν αφιερώνω χρόνο για μηνύματα σε greeklish.

Daniel D.

Thanks. Dennis M: Please email me the files. I'll put them to the download area. :)

levak

Hello... I have Slovenian files 1.1 RC1 and some RC2 and I want to update them... Since I would not like to compare file by file, line by line, I was wondering if there is any list of difference and 'what's new' in language files from RC1 to RC2 and RC2 to RC3?

Matej

levak

Never mind, I sort things our:) Kdiff3 solved my problems...

Daniel D.

Please email me the files.

levak

The translation is not full... It is only partially translated... I probably won't have time and need to translate the administration section...

Matej

prometeo

Daniel, please check your email!
Ciao, Giacomo.

Daniel D.

Max22

Is it possible to add italian language as choice of the menu in this forum?
I'd like to view this forum in italian language.

Daniel D.

Hi max22,
we're working on this. Please be patient, there will be a lot more updated languages in this drop down in the future. :)

agridoc

I would like to ask about how language files have to be saved in ASCII and UTF-8 and the use of HTML entities.

The current SMF versions don't need to have HTML entities in language files, they just have to be read and saved with the proper encoding. However I see HTML entities for special chars in UTF-8 and ASCII language files of Latin chars (ISO-8859-1) languages.

Non Latin chars languages (Greek, Russian, Arabic etc.) don't usually use entities in SMF language files.

Especially in UTF-8 language files, the use of HTML entities has no meaning.
  For Greek aeromodellers and our friends around the world  - Greek Button sets for SMF - Greeklish to Greek mod

†д∩αỷ ĎάПα

Thanks, I am hoping to translate SMF to bangla

†д∩αỷ ĎάПα

I am trying to translate the index.php file and after I have uploaded it, it doesn't work. How do I translate it?
And why is all the numbers in english. How do you change it to andother language. What code do you need to change?

Please help

agridoc

ssdt index.php is not a language file.

Read the first post for instructions.

†д∩αỷ ĎάПα

No thanks, I know what happened. It's just because I used SMF 1.1.3 in SMF 1.1.3.

But the numbers are not in the language that I want. So, how is that changed? Could anyone put the code for that? For ex. the date at the top of the page comes out in English. How do I change that and how do I change the numbers for each forum in the index, you know where it counts the number of posts and everything...

Daniel D.

If you want some support for other things than language, please start a new topic in the support boards. This is only for translating issues.

Anglis

what is a difference between UTF and a normal language downloads ?

4LP3RUZ1

The codepage used to create the files. For one its UTF-8, for the other it is ANSI.

I'm hoping the non-UTF codepages will be removed in SMF2.0 :)
Frozen frogs are back :(

†д∩αỷ ĎάПα

To translate the pics, I need to erase the english. But when I do that, and cover it up, the picture becomes pixelated. Is there anywhere where there are pictures of the buttons and nothing is written on them?

Advertisement: