News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Bridge 1.1.3, finally released....

Started by Orstio, April 02, 2006, 12:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjprince

OK, I've installed the new bridge. I'm not sure if anyone's posted on this, but the pathway addition to the template that worked in the last version of the bridge still works. I'm going to see if I can turn this into a system plugin (more because I want to learn how they work), but for now, it's good to go.

I've tested the searchbot. Does it make sense that taking out these two lines from the searchbot file would make the searchbot work?

//include($mosConfig_absolute_path . "/administrator/components/com_smf/config.smf.php");
//include($smf_path . "/Settings.php");

It seems to work. I chose those two lines to remove based on examining the code that needs to be added to the template in Mambo. That code seemed to use the new db settings, so I assumed the Joomla system bot was doing the same thing.

But that's really just a guess, so if anyone could confirm that the new bridge provides both sets of capabilities to the bot, I'd appreciate it.

Once I've tested it a little more, I'll post a new version.

Orstio

I'm going to post this as a reminder that the sticky topics are not for asking for help with your site.

If you need help, please post your own topic, instead of cluttering this one full of "help me" posts.

Orstio

Quote from: rjprince on April 06, 2006, 03:31:59 PM
OK, I've installed the new bridge. I'm not sure if anyone's posted on this, but the pathway addition to the template that worked in the last version of the bridge still works. I'm going to see if I can turn this into a system plugin (more because I want to learn how they work), but for now, it's good to go.

I've tested the searchbot. Does it make sense that taking out these two lines from the searchbot file would make the searchbot work?

//include($mosConfig_absolute_path . "/administrator/components/com_smf/config.smf.php");
//include($smf_path . "/Settings.php");

It seems to work. I chose those two lines to remove based on examining the code that needs to be added to the template in Mambo. That code seemed to use the new db settings, so I assumed the Joomla system bot was doing the same thing.

But that's really just a guess, so if anyone could confirm that the new bridge provides both sets of capabilities to the bot, I'd appreciate it.

Once I've tested it a little more, I'll post a new version.

Cool.  Yes, the system bot is basically just replacing the code in the Joomla template header with something SMF-friendly.

You may need this in there instead, however:

// Get the configuration.  This will tell Mambo where SMF is, and some integration settings
$database->setQuery("
SELECT `variable`, `value1`
FROM #__smf_config
");
$variables = $database->loadAssocList();

foreach ($variables as $variable){
$variable_name = $variable['variable'];
$$variable_name = $variable['value1'];
}

if (!defined('SMF'))
{
require_once($smf_path . '/SSI.php');
}

That will pull all the bridge variables from the database.

M70

Do we need to mix CSS files from Mambo-Joomla and SMF (like the old Bridge)?

I've read the readme.html and it doesn't say anything. ;)

Kindred

if you want a truly integrated forum, then yes, you will still need to use merged CSS files and properly designed forum theme(s) (for wrapping)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Migg

Quote from: iqapps on April 02, 2006, 07:19:22 PM
Hi
IE 6
Admin
when I realese a synk. groups button. I got a javascript error on page and I can't save settings. see pic.

Regards
IQAPPS

I have exactly the same problem. The Save button don't work with firefox, when I use IE and press the save button it gives the Java Error.
Strange is that after the error the users appear in the jos_user table but is not displayed in the list of the User Manager. The information in the user manager says "Results 1 - 30 of 46" but is only displayed 8 users.

Orstio

QuoteI have exactly the same problem. The Save button don't work with firefox, when I use IE and press the save button it gives the Java Error.
Strange is that after the error the users appear in the jos_user table but is not displayed in the list of the User Manager. The information in the user manager says "Results 1 - 30 of 46" but is only displayed 8 users.

You don't need to click Save on this page.

kober

I have a problem with migrate users from SMF to Joomla :/ when I click the migrate in the component administration nothing happen :/ in SMF I have over 4000 users? IM using SMF RC2 + patch and the lates bridge :/

Migg

Quote from: Orstio on April 07, 2006, 06:49:44 AM
You don't need to click Save on this page.

I have also the same problem in migrate SMF to Joomla I have a Javascript error.

In the Joomla user Manager I have this information : "Results 1 - 30 of 46" but only 8 users are shown. Seems that the migration don't have been completed.

Benson

Had a problem with the lenght of the absolute path when configuring the bridge: The path was 51 chars long, but in the database field in which this path gets saved is limited to 50 chars, so i had to modify the max chars value - besides of that everything is working nice

decartwr

I'm getting errors during installation using 1.1.3, similar to what others have reported, but I don't see a resolution to these errors in this thread.  So:

I did a fresh install (in other words, no upgrade here) using a newly created single database, as follows:

* Mambo 4.5.3h
* Community Builder 1.0 RC2

I configured CB including publishing its login module (CB Login RC2).  All working fine.

I then installed SMF 1.1 RC2, which went cleanly.  I did a component install of com_smf.zip in the Mambo back end.  I get this error (a pair like this, I only show one of them here):

Warning: rename( .../administrator/components/com_smf/bots/SMF_header_include.php, .../mambots/system/SMF_header_include.php):
No such file or directory in ... /administrator/components/com_smf/install.smf.php on line 104

where the "..." is the full path on my site.

There is a file "/administrator/components/com_smf/bots/SMF_header_include.php", and "mambots" has 777 permissions, so why didn't this work?

Earlier in this thread, there was a post of this same error, and the analysis was "don't install the bridge twice".  I didn't!

There isn't any directory "system" in mambots, if that makes any difference.

So do I do this rename by hand?  And why didn't it working during installation?

-Dana

Kindred

yes. it makes a difference.

If there's no mambots/system directory, how can the program copy something INTO the mambots/system directory?

move
"/administrator/components/com_smf/bots/SMF_header_include.php" to mambots/system/SMF_header_include.php

move
"/administrator/components/com_smf/bots/SMF_header_include.x" to mambots/system/SMF_header_include.xml
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Orstio

Quote from: decartwr on April 07, 2006, 02:06:44 PM
I'm getting errors during installation using 1.1.3, similar to what others have reported, but I don't see a resolution to these errors in this thread.  So:

I did a fresh install (in other words, no upgrade here) using a newly created single database, as follows:

* Mambo 4.5.3h

I configured CB including publishing its login module (CB Login RC2).  All working fine.

I then installed SMF 1.1 RC2, which went cleanly.  I did a component install of com_smf.zip in the Mambo back end.  I get this error (a pair like this, I only show one of them here):

Warning: rename( .../administrator/components/com_smf/bots/SMF_header_include.php, .../mambots/system/SMF_header_include.php):
No such file or directory in ... /administrator/components/com_smf/install.smf.php on line 104

where the "..." is the full path on my site.

There is a file "/administrator/components/com_smf/bots/SMF_header_include.php", and "mambots" has 777 permissions, so why didn't this work?

Earlier in this thread, there was a post of this same error, and the analysis was "don't install the bridge twice".  I didn't!

There isn't any directory "system" in mambots, if that makes any difference.

So do I do this rename by hand?  And why didn't it working during installation?

-Dana

Thank you for the detailed post.

The header bot goes in the mambots/system folder, not in the mambots folder.  You are correct that Mambo 4.5.3h does not have a system folder inside the mambots folder.

That header bot functions only in Joomla, at any rate, so you have no need to worry.  Mambo 4.5.3h does not have the internal structure to run such a thing. (However, Mambo 4.6 will be more than capable ;) )

decartwr

I get the following 3 errors when a user registers.  These errors display on the "Registration Complete" page:

Notice: Undefined variable: memID in .../components/com_smf_registration/smf_registration.php on line 390

Notice: Undefined variable: mos_id in .../components/com_smf_registration/smf_registration.php on line 424

Notice: Undefined variable: mos_id in .../components/com_smf_registration/smf_registration.php on line 424

I'm running:

* Mambo 4.5.3h
* SMF 1.1 RC2 (wrapped)
* SMF Bridge 1.1.3

I'm using the "bridge registration".

To attempt to work around the second error (there are really only two errors here, because 'mos_id' is twice undefined, generating a double error message), I did this:

This code, around line 419:

//Do you have Community Builder?  Might has well get them in there too...
if ($cb_reg=="on")
$sql = mysql_query("
INSERT INTO {$mosConfig_dbprefix}comprofiler
(id, user_id)
VALUES ('$mos_id', '$mos_id')");

I modified as follows:

if ($cb_reg=="on") {
// Added by Dana 4-8-06
$mos_find_id = mysql_query("
SELECT id
FROM {$mosConfig_dbprefix}users
WHERE name = '$row->name'
LIMIT 1");
list($mos_id) = mysql_fetch_row($mos_find_id);
// End added by Dana 4-8-06
$sql = mysql_query("
(id, user_id)
VALUES ('$mos_id', '$mos_id')");
}

This seems to work, and it also fixes another problem, which is CB wasn't finding out that the user had confirmed their registration.  Prior to making the above patch, CB knew the user had kicked off the enrollment process, but never found out they had clicked on the e-mailed link to confirm.

The one thing I wasn't sure of in this code is the "$row->name".  That seems to have the user's "username" in it, but I've no easy way to know if that's where I should be getting it from.

Now, regarding the first error, I just have to ask, what is the significance of setting the user's password to "chocolate cake"?  I had NO CLUE how to fix that!  Maybe carrot cake?  More seriously, $mem_ID only appears once in this module, so I couldn't deduce what it does.

-Dana

Orstio

Does it work if you do this? (It'll save some queries if it does):

if ($cb_reg=="on")
$sql = mysql_query("
(id, user_id)
VALUES ('".$row->id."', '".$row->id."')");

QuoteNow, regarding the first error, I just have to ask, what is the significance of setting the user's password to "chocolate cake"?  I had NO CLUE how to fix that!  Maybe carrot cake?  More seriously, $mem_ID only appears once in this module, so I couldn't deduce what it does.

Joomla will allow a user to select the same real name as another user.  This is a security concern.

So, I put in the "chocolate cake" code, which prevents users from registering a real name that is already in use, or a reserved name according to the list defined in the SMF admin panel.  :P

rjprince

Version 0.6 of the searchbot is now available. It is for use only with v 1.1.3 of the bridge.

No new features other than compatibility with the bridge have been added.

I would really appreciate it if someone running Mambo could please confirm that this works with Mambo - I only have Joomla to test on.

Excalibur!

decartwr

Orstio, this code:

if ($cb_reg=="on")
$sql = mysql_query("
(id, user_id)
VALUES ('".$row->id."', '".$row->id."')");

works fine.  Much nicer not to have to do an additional query.  Thanks.

decartwr

QuoteSo, I put in the "chocolate cake" code, which prevents users from registering a real name that is already in use, or a reserved name according to the list defined in the SMF admin panel.

I distracted you with my question about chocolate cake.

What I really wanted was a fix for the problem that in this code in smf_registration.php:

if(isReservedName($_POST['realName'], $memID))
$regOptions['password'] = 'chocolate cake';

the variable $memID isn't defined.

Orstio

Intersting....

it should work just as well like this:

if(isReservedName($_POST['realName']))

Advertisement: