Reason For Editing Mod

Started by Nibogo, May 23, 2006, 12:44:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex4108

HunterP

Quote from: Alex4108 on June 05, 2011, 09:03:18 PM
is RC5 planned to be added?  Could really use this mod

It works for RC5. You can emulate RC4 in de package manager or edit the package for RC5 support.

Alex4108

Quote from: HunterP on June 06, 2011, 01:02:22 AM
Quote from: Alex4108 on June 05, 2011, 09:03:18 PM
is RC5 planned to be added?  Could really use this mod

It works for RC5. You can emulate RC4 in de package manager or edit the package for RC5 support.

I followed the instructions to edit the package info for RC5, during the test it failed on Subs/Post.php, so I didn't install it.  As for emulation, where is this setting?

HunterP

Quote from: Alex4108 on June 06, 2011, 05:50:04 PM
I followed the instructions to edit the package info for RC5, during the test it failed on Subs/Post.php, so I didn't install it.  As for emulation, where is this setting?

In the package manager you should see "advanced" in the right bottom? But please note that even though emulation might be correct, or the package could be used for your SMF version, an other mod might already have altered this specific code in Subs-Post.php. If so, you will need to install the mod manually, or alter the package in the correct way.

Lady Night Owl

Running SMF 2.0.1

Markco

Sorry, I use the on-line translator ("Reverso") French / English

Lady Night Owl

Hmm...test failed on DisplayTemplate.php and Post.php

Thank you for updating it!
Running SMF 2.0.1

Lady Night Owl

Quote from: Nibogo on June 30, 2011, 11:44:12 AM
It must be incompatibilities with other mods, it worked just fine in a clean installation

Okay, yes I do have quite a few installed now, I'll do the manual edits then when I get a chance. Thanks again!
Running SMF 2.0.1

Inti31

i tried that mod in my testboard (2.0 Gold)

i installed it successfully and set the permission.

When I edit a post, I see the new field to enter the reason - by the way, only if I use the full change button. (screenshot 1)
When I change sth and save the post again (I set the reason) - I don't see the reason next to the last change date...
(screenshot 2)

my forum
my testforum

my mods - which I only made them work for 2.0 Gold:
Topics Filter v3.2 SMF 2.0 Gold
MemberNumber

geff_chang

Quote from: Inti31 on July 01, 2011, 10:22:49 AM
i tried that mod in my testboard (2.0 Gold)

i installed it successfully and set the permission.

When I edit a post, I see the new field to enter the reason - by the way, only if I use the full change button. (screenshot 1)
When I change sth and save the post again (I set the reason) - I don't see the reason next to the last change date...
(screenshot 2)

I also have the same issue.

I have the following mods installed:
Spoiler BBCode
SMF Staff Page
Quick Reply on Top
Restrict Email Providers on Registration
Aeva ~ Auto-Embed Video & Audio
SMF Multi Quote
Welcome Topic Mod
View Voters at Polls

MaNaRa

Nice mod but Is there the possibility of adding some background or design to make it more appealing?
Something like this

mi versión de foro es SMF 2.0

Krillin

For those of you who are having trouble installing this mod via the package manager as we are with SMF 2.0 FINAL. You need to modify the database manually. This is the script you need to modify the database yourself to make the changes if you do not understand what the db_reasonX.php means and you CANNOT run this file against the database.

ALTER TABLE `smf_messages` ADD `edit_reason` TINYTEXT NOT NULL ;

PLEASE NOTE: if your prefix is NOT smf_ then modify the code to YOUR database prefix.

Enjoy!
Gaming Community Web Site
Forums Use: SMF 2.0.18
Mods Installed: (NONE)
Browser: Chrome

Krillin

Any chance of getting this updated to SMM 2.0.1 soon?

We have to reinstall our forum software due to the SMF 2.0.1 update. Upon completion, the Reason for Edit box is seen twice, and after removing the mod from the Package Manager the Reason For Edit text box still shows up.

So we are going to do a fresh clean install and see what MOD make it in to our fresh install.

RESULTS:
Believe there is a conflict with Advanced Reputation System. But this mod installs via package manager if it is put into compatibility mode of SMF 2.0. The end result is it works flawlessly. Just needs to be updated to support 2.0.1.

Thanks,
Krillin
Gaming Community Web Site
Forums Use: SMF 2.0.18
Mods Installed: (NONE)
Browser: Chrome

MoreBloodWine

I just tried to install this on 2.0.2 and it errord on me that it's not compatable... any fix for this in the works ?
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

PSM

Quote from: MoreBloodWine on January 03, 2012, 04:30:06 PM
I just tried to install this on 2.0.2 and it errord on me that it's not compatable... any fix for this in the works ?

x2 on this.  Would love to have this working on my 2.0.2 forum.

nixlike

Dear Nibogo, please release a new version to be able to install and use it with SMF 2.0.2 as well.

dimspace

works here on 2.0.2 no problems at all.  Just had to do a couple of manual edits.

nixlike

Thats what I usually do when a modification reports issues before installation but this time the mod wants to look in Sources\Display.php for

id_msg, icon, subject, poster_time, poster_ip, id_member, modified_time, modified_name, body,

and change it to that

id_msg, icon, subject, poster_time, poster_ip, id_member, modified_time, modified_name, body, edit_reason,

I cant even find the line by myself in the Display.php when I look for it, thats why I was asking for an update :)
Am I doing something wrong this time or overlooking something important?

Advertisement: