General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LHW

Quote from: dannbass on March 13, 2010, 12:54:15 PM
I'm pretty sure this has been suggested to you before, why don't you shut off the support here and just move everything to Noisen, wouldn't it be easier?

I'm beginning to wonder the same thing, Nao.  At least there, you'd have control over these trolls that keep pointlessly attacking you.

Arantor

Quote from: Nao on March 13, 2010, 09:23:44 AM
Quote from: Arantor on March 13, 2010, 07:49:50 AM
Why not?

From where I'm standing and some discussions I've had, things are moving forward here in a good way.
Are they moving at all actually...?

RC3 is out, no? As for negotiations, last I heard it was with the Friends, rather than the team, to act.

QuoteWell, I always try to judge by what I've witnessed directly. I know I've never been invited to the team and I've never been given a reason for that. That's enough for me to judge, really. That, of course, and the two post-bans I received for defending my work.

I always thought you should have been on the team and since it appears to have been commented on before in this thread, a certain amount of it was based on temper. But thing is, if that's enough reason, why the hell did I get on the team? I can be just as fiery as you, except I don't vent it in the threads, I strop off about it elsewhere (like leaving the team, dropping my badge, account deletion requests)

I don't agree with the bans either, but I put that down to a lack of people able to keep an eye on all the threads and no-one being able to intervene sooner here. It shouldn't have had to get to that.

QuoteI don't think people who're strongly involved in the community, like you and I, should pay for a charter membership.

I had team access which covered all the perks of CM (yup, any team level access covers all the CM perks). But I'm doing it because I feel I want to give something back without there being a mutual dependency. I'm not ready to return to the team, I don't know I ever will be, but I want to do something that contributes back without there being an obligation on my part.

My problem with Phoenix is that it's been under "construction" for two months now... And no one has started actual coding on it. I don't want to start myself because I know it's an OO project and I'm not comfortable with creating objects (modifying them, I'm okay, but not creating them to begin with.) And apparently I'm the only one over there who's actually serious about starting by himself and then getting patches from others or even complete rewrites... Just so that it actually gets started, heck! I'd rather rewrite the thing 3 times than have to wait for one more month for the core to be "perfectly set up".

A month after CLA signing? Seriously, that sounds to me more like pot, meet kettle, considering stagnation is one of the things they cited about SMF.

QuoteStill, it's more engaging than SMF for me right now. Not that I think the software is dead -- I just believe I could bring more to the Phoenix project, with its (attempted?!) modular design, than SMF, which is pretty much set in stone and won't move an inch. (I'm sure even SMF 2.1 will be the same story.)

Oh sure, 2.1 likely will be. Whole idea of y releases is that they're not major paradigm changes. x releases (remember x.y.z) are, and if the rumours I'm hearing for 3.0 (even before I left) are remotely true, and I have no reason to doubt them, 3.0 will be something interesting.

Nao 尚

I believe there are many ways to "make it work". Moving the Aeva board to aeva.noisen.com would be yet another one (after all, there IS a redirection feature built in SMF2), but I can already hear the "why should we put a link to noisen.com from within the board list? When do we start having to do it for every other mod?". It's even understandable. I just need something to be done...

As long as I can delete the troll posts myself, I'm fine with the solution.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

dannbass

I'm afraid they are not going to give you rights, why I think this... well, they could have done this a long time ago, and I thought that after the "Future of AM" they were going to give you rights, how about just posting an announcement, ask to make it sticky or ask them to move the entire board to a "hidden" "unknown" place and move the original to the Mods board.  It's just few clicks away.  Nao is just too much, and you have already ask for rights and nothing yet, I'm sure you know that Arantor is doing something like that http://www.simpledesk.net/community/simpledesk-team-blog/online-only-mod-368.msg3629.html#msg3629
It will make you life easier, you have full control over Noisen.  How can I convince you? 

Nao 尚

Convince me? I've been convinced for a long time already...

Just close the official Aeva Media board & official topic, split the official topic into the long archive topic, and post the support board link in the official topic (as the only remaining post in it.)
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Angelotus

Hi,

I was trying to mass upload for the first time. Selecting images went fine, but when clicking the upload button I got the following error:

The Flash upload module sent the following error.

Error type: uploadError
Error ID: file0

Error message: [SecurityErrorEvent type="securityError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2049"]

[/size]So Mass upload doesn't work for me. How can this be solved?

LHW

Chen Zhen

Sounds like the $txt is not getting assigned for the button name.

Try performing maintenance like clear cache,  update tables, etc.

If this doesn't solve the issue then you may have to look in your language files and add the edit.
Another option is to manually assign the variable (or create your own) where the button is displayed.
(index.template.php of your theme(s) for SMF 1 ... Sources / Subs.php for SMF 2)

The edit is probably in the file, it's just that you need to assign the appropriate $txt to equal 'Media' or whatever you want it to display in your forum toolbar.
Some themes use images (icons or graphic text) in which case you need to create the proper graphic file and button code (img src) for display.

There are instructions located on this site for adding/editing buttons for both SMF versions.

UD

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

tonnybarros

Gotta find out what happened to my gallery? The why does not count?

- danny

I haven't fully implemented the gallery since a hack a few weeks back. Needless to say I had to start back up from scratch and re-upload everything. Now, I just ran an error check on aeva media, and I got the following:

The following errors were discovered when searching for errors
The physical file #5, used with item 1, is missing.
The physical file #7, used with item 2, is missing.
The physical file #9, used with item 3, is missing.
The physical file #11, used with item 4, is missing.
The physical file #13, used with item 5, is missing.
The physical file #16, used with item 6, is missing.
The physical file #18, used with item 7, is missing.
The physical file #20, used with item 8, is missing.
The physical file #22, used with item 9, is missing.
The physical file #24, used with item 10, is missing.
The physical file #26, used with item 11, is missing.
The physical file #29, used with item 12, is missing.

Any idea? :o

tonnybarros

Nao 尚

@tonny & rafferti> In Aeva-Subs.php, replace

$match = preg_replace('~\[url=([^]]+)]([^[]+)\[/url]~', '<a href="$1">$2</a>', $i['embed_url']);

With:

$match = preg_replace(array('~\[url=([^]]+)]([^[]+)\[/url]~', '~\[url]([^[]+)\[/url]~'), array('<a href="$1">$2</a>', '<a href="$1"></a>'), $i['embed_url']);

This is only a dirty fix (i.e. it doesn't fix the original issue), but it's probably the better solution because it's retroactive.

Unrelated, but in SVN rev 235, I've got a few fixes: (smells like a 1.1b sooner than later...)
! Item page headers were somewhat distorted in SMF1 (am.css)
! When using ImageMagick as the image handler, files with a space in the filename wouldn't show up in item pages. (Aeva-Media.php)
! Typo fix (readme.txt)

@alex> Did you correctly reset the folder path and URL in the admin settings?

tonnybarros

Rafferty

Fixed the views however program is still adding [url][/url] to new embedded videos
Don't Follow me I got No Idea what I'm Doing

Nao 尚

Yeah, as I said, it doesn't fix the origin of the issue but it fixes its outcome. It's more important...

dannbass

Sigh, ok, I guess it's just a matter to wait till that happens.

TheListener

Quote from: Afro on March 13, 2010, 09:04:35 AM
Quote from: Brack1 on March 13, 2010, 06:58:12 AM
Despite a manual edit in sources/subs file the mod installed ok on my latest forum.

One problem is the media button shows in the admin area but not in the main menu.

Any advice will be appreciated.

are you on a custom theme, check if the theme has its own language files.
clear your cache

The menu tab doesn't show in the default theme nor the theme I am using.

What exactly should I be looking for?

Amacythe

Odd, I just checked the moderation log and don't see where any of these posts were reported... Evidently, people would rather attack each other than to report the issues and let others take care of the problems.  I'm sorry to see this happen yet again.  It appears that the topic was solved
Quote from: lc62003 on March 12, 2010, 02:13:14 PM
That's what I thought, just wanted to be sure.  Thanks Nao!   :)
so I'm going to lock this topic now and ask everyone to PLEASE use the report to moderator link rather than feeding all this anger to each other.

Angelina Belle

Do "disable browsing", "hidden" and "unseen area" all mean the same thing?
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

Angelotus

Thanks. Nao said in that thread:

No, this is because you have non-matching subdomains in your setup.
Make sure they all match -- it's either with a "www.", or without. Not both. Or make a crossdomain.xml file.

I have checked my settings and it is all set correctly. The part of a crossdomain.xml file I don't understand...

Advertisement: