General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrBiggz

I installed this mod and all went well.  Ok here's were I'm lost, it says auto embedding.  And I really don't see any different buttons when you are able to create a message.

Here's what the top of a message looks like:

When I tried to embed that swf from music.yahoo.com [nofollow] I basically got the same thing in the message.

What did I do wrong?

FYI:  I'm level 1.3a and the url is fpf.handlersspot.net [nofollow]
If you need to poke around inside the board that's not a problem, it's not live.  Just PM me and I'll tell you the username and p/w

I appreciate the help!

Kill Em All

You don't put all that. All you do is grab the url link at the top in your address bar and put it on your post, just the link, nothing else. Please note however that it doesn't work for all websites, but quite a few of the popular ones and some of the not so popular.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

MrBiggz

Quote from: Kill Em All on August 29, 2010, 11:30:52 PM
You don't put all that. All you do is grab the url link at the top in your address bar and put it on your post, just the link, nothing else. Please note however that it doesn't work for all websites, but quite a few of the popular ones and some of the not so popular.

Sweet!  I saw the long list of websites.  OK .. I'll give it a go!  I gave it a go .. freak'n cool!  Hey like my computer sci teacher in 10th grade (1982) would say .. "It's the cats nuts!!"

Kill Em All

haha. Glad to hear it worked. I wish my computer science teacher was cool. haha

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

MrBiggz

;D

This will be my last ridiculous question of the night! 

I run Tiny Portal and I added the php code that I found earlier on in this thread to add 'recent media' to forum pages.  There's nothing there!

? is .. does each individual user have an album or do I as admin create an album that everybody uses?  I was kind of lost on this.  Kept digging around the settings to see if I saw something like 'create album per user' or something.

Couple more beers and this will start making more sense!  :o

Thx again!

yakyakyak

From memory, members can access Media Center, select My Albums Then create, whereafter if you have moderation set it will require approval by Admin. You may want to consider writing a member FAQ for the various steps - it can get confusing imo.

YogiBear

This is curious. Although I installed the v1.4 package of 29 August I got this error in the Admin Log...

8: Undefined variable: view 

File:
Line: 259     

The 'cure' was to enable Recent Items.     No big deal so long as it works.  :)
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

LHW

Yogi, make sure you get the latest v1.4...the initial release had a minor bug in it, and Nao did a silent update later that day.  If you were one of the early downloaders, you may want to download it again, just to be safe.  ;)

YogiBear

I uninstalled, deleted then uploaded and installed a fresh copy from noisen but same prob, LHW.

Random Items doesn't return the error so long as Recent Items is enabled.

:)
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

MrBiggz

Quote from: yakyakyak on August 30, 2010, 01:24:47 AM
From memory, members can access Media Center, select My Albums Then create, whereafter if you have moderation set it will require approval by Admin. You may want to consider writing a member FAQ for the various steps - it can get confusing imo.

I'm at a loss here!  I don't see anything that has 'My Albums'  I even have a test user named Test and logged into that and didn't see anything for media, albums or anything.  I set permissions for Everybody .. so I figure I should see something. 

FYI:  I'm level 1.3a and the url is fpf.handlersspot.net [nofollow]
If you need to poke around inside the board that's not a problem, it's not live.  Just PM me and I'll tell you the username and p/w

yakyakyak

yakyakyak

lol ok.  ;D

The login you sent me by PM:

There's no "Media" menu option available but i just used action=media

Result: Sorry, but you are not allowed to access the gallery

With the Permission Profiles option for Aeva you may think that settings therein would cover Gallery access for membergroups but they don't.

Navigating within the Gallery and Permissions once you are in are covered in Permission Profiles but access/entry to Media/Gallery is configured in SMF Admin Panel > Members > Permissions.

Therein once you select Newbie, scroll through the list of permissions to add, you will find directly under the Aeva heading Access Gallery

sclark9583

I deleted 1.4, reinstalled it in my SMF 1.1.11, and I still cant see anything after enabling it in the Admin menu...any ideas?

Sclark

Dragooon

Quote from: Kat9119 on August 29, 2010, 12:51:35 AM
Quote from: Dragooon on August 27, 2010, 04:07:42 AM
@Kat, try increasing your php memory limit and time out and then re-run the conversion(Delete AeMe's data folder and database tables and re-install it).

I uninstalled it. I couldn't figure out why it was doing what it was doing. I don't know how to increase my php memory limit. I tried increasing the time, and that didn't work.

Quote from: Dragooon on August 27, 2010, 04:09:25 AM
Quote from: Kat9119 on August 26, 2010, 04:13:36 PM
In addition to my problems above, is there a guide to using this thing anywhere, I haven't seen one yet.
What do you need help with? It is quite easy to use actually....

A lot of the items in the admin panel I had no idea what they were for...so not knowing what they were for = hard to set up. I can't say specifically now because I uninstalled it due to that timing out issue where I couldn't import my whole coppermine gallery
Try this, in the coppermine converter file, find these 2 lines :
$context['max_exec'] = 5;
$context['wait_time'] = 1;

And replace them with
@ini_set('memory_limit', '128M');
$context['max_exec'] = 5;
$context['wait_time'] = 5;

If it doesn't work, ask your webhost to increase the memory limits.

kat

It's a copyright notice.

I doubt anyone will tell you, because it's supposed to be there, obviously.

Midnitelove

Quick question. Since upgrading to 2.0 RC3 I can no longer post Facebook videos. I use to be able to just put the link in the post box and it would show. I also can't put them in my media album. I get a message says this forum doesn't support videos from this site. Even though I have it checked on my list of sites, any advice?
Don't be mean to the newbies

SMF 2.0 RC3

~DS~

What's the url of the facebook video?
As for the message, I believe it will only work AEVA 2 (paid)
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

NoFeaR / NFSMW

With what should i convert my video so that everyone can view it like on youtube? It should have a reasonable size.

apashi

i use Aeva Media 1.4 on SMF 2.0RC3 and the following errors appear:

http://www.vorbareti.ro/index.php?action=media [nofollow]
8: Undefined variable: in_page
Fişier: /home/vorbareti.ro/Sources/Aeva-Subs.php
Rând: 2943

http://www.vorbareti.ro/index.php?action=media;sa=mass;album=45;upcook=YTo0OntpOjA7czoxOiIxIjtpOjE7czo0MDoiZTc4MjhjOGIwZWE1YTVjMWM5NWM2YWZhMzYzNDA4NTM0Y2E4Zjc5MCI7aToyO2k6MTQ3MTc3NjY4NDtpOjM7aTowO30%3D;xml= [nofollow]
8: Undefined index: aeva_home
Fişier: /home/.korbut/apashi/vorbareti.ro/Sources/Aeva-Gallery.php
Rând: 114

http://www.vorbareti.ro/index.php?action=media;sa=mass;album=45;upcook=YTo0OntpOjA7czoxOiIxIjtpOjE7czo0MDoiZTc4MjhjOGIwZWE1YTVjMWM5NWM2YWZhMzYzNDA4NTM0Y2E4Zjc5MCI7aToyO2k6MTQ3MTc3NjY4NDtpOjM7aTowO30%3D;xml= [nofollow]
8: Undefined index: aeva_unseen
Fişier: /home/.korbut/apashi/vorbareti.ro/Sources/Aeva-Gallery.php
Rând: 147

what should i do?

Advertisement: