General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spoogs

The Wizard

Quote from: Spoogs on October 06, 2010, 07:32:56 PM
There's no option for that

Then I'm not crazy. Thank god I thought I realy was dumb.

Ok then how is it done? Some sort of portal mod?

Kindred

no one has the media gallery as their index page.   SOme people have placed a block showing recent additions to the gallery...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

apashi

Now I have Aeva Media 1.4, shall I unistall this version in order to update to 1.4a?

Thanks! ;)

apashi

NoFeaR / NFSMW

Is there a solution for a problem with the caption=""
I cant input multiple words. It only takes the first word.

drfun

Please am getting this error after upgrading to 1.4a when i upload pictures
Database Error
Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation 'ifnull'
File: /home/allstude/public_html/Sources/Aeva-Subs.php
Line: 3656

and the surprising thing is that the picture will appear if i click media among
random and recent items. it also shows on simple portal but if i click on the pic on
the simple portal it will tell me this.
Database Error
Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation 'ifnull'
ECLIKS -Global Online community for Questions and Answers

drfun

Tell getting this
Line: 3676

When i tried uploading again, but i noticed there is a change in the Line which is now Line: 3676

khong_tac

Illori

Quote from: khong_tac on October 11, 2010, 08:01:15 AM
I just installed 1.4 aeva free in error, please guide me to fix this. Thanks

http://www.aviaviet.com/index.php?action=media

Guests cant view your forum so we cant see any issues. Also looks like your forum is a mix of english and another language that might be part of your problem.

khong_tac

drfun

Quote from: drfun on October 11, 2010, 06:24:31 AM
Please am getting this error after upgrading to 1.4a when i upload pictures
Database Error

and the surprising thing is that the picture will appear if i click media among
random and recent items. it also shows on simple portal but if i click on the pic on
the simple portal it will tell me this.
Database Error

Please someone should help me out. this is my forum www.allstudentforum.com

Sabre™

drfun, that is a known bug in smf.
You will have to manually change the collations in your database, to either utf8_general_ci, or utf8_unicode_ci.
You may have to do this for other mods that create their own tables.
Good luck :)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

drfun

@sabre, thanks for looking into my problem.
Please can you tell me where and which of the files that am suppose to
manually change the collations in my database or how to go about it. thanks

T3CHN0

I think you are asking how do you know what .php files to edit to install or uninstall MODS your self!!!

What you will need to do is find the MOD you are wanting to install or remove & download it to your computer.

then go to
http://resourcez.biz/PackageParser
and find your MOD you downloaded

then follow the install or uninstall instructions.

Please not with all the MODs you have already installed some codes may have changed
and not the same as they once was or the same as the MOD you want to remove codes anymore.

You will have to be careful with what you add or remove & not to upset another MOD by using/replacing an incorrect code

drfun

@techno489 this what i mean,
Quote from: Sabre™ on October 11, 2010, 03:26:10 PM
drfun, that is a known bug in smf.
You will have to manually change the collations in your database, to either utf8_general_ci, or utf8_unicode_ci.
You may have to do this for other mods that create their own tables.
Good luck :)
How to do this. there is nothing wrong with the aeva mod, it just that am getting this Errors when i upload pics. so if i can
know where to  manually change the collations in my database, to either utf8_general_ci, or utf8_unicode_ci. as Sabre has said
i think i will be ok.

T3CHN0

this is an old topic but might help you...
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=341969.msg2305559#msg2305559

Quote from: Antechinus on October 13, 2009, 09:14:50 PM
Your host is not speaking via the conventional orifice. :)

If the gallery didn't install then this error shouldn't exist:

Type of error: Database

http://mommatime.com/forum/index.php?action=mgallery;sa=album;id=1 [nofollow]

Database Error: Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation 'ifnull'

File: /home/westatla/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-MGallery.php
Line: 2672

The reason is that if it didn't install then it shouldn't have created any files specific to the gallery, and it obviously did (or someone did somewhere along the line).

If you have killed the place several times I suspect you have leftover files and code from one of the previous attempts at murder.  :D

What I would suggest doing at this stage is a file refresh. This will clean up your forum back to a default SMF installation but will not affect your database (which contains all the post, topic and member information).

It will also uninstall all mods. They can then one reinstalled one at a time, making sure to check both forum functionality and the error log after installing each one and using it for a bit.

This would be the quickest and cleanest way of making sure you are starting from a solid base. Do you know how to use FTP?

How do I use FTP? / What is FTP?

What you want to do is to get this zip: http://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?thanks;filename=smf_2-0-rc1-2_upgrade.zip

Extract the files from it on your desktop and load everything except upgrade.php into the correct locations.

Oya

except that it wont solve the problem at all

you need to go into phpmyadmin to change the database tables themselves

Advertisement: