General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nao 尚

I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

recep34

Quote from: Nao 尚 on September 13, 2009, 03:55:19 PM
Quote from: recep34 on September 12, 2009, 09:40:32 PM
Edit: as i figured out now that site.com/forum works fine but forum.site.com dont work ?
What do you mean by that, by the way....?

i mean ,if i chenge the forum urls to forum.domain.com to domian.com/forum aeva  works....

my hosting as an special panel (not plesk, not cpanel) for subdomains i create a folder and if there is a index.html or index.php file it becomes an subdomain (with the name of the created folder) and both folder.domian.com  or domain.com/folder works...

so forum is in folder named forum so you can browse the site with "forum.domain.com/index.php/bla bala bala"   or  "domian.com/forum/index.php/bla bla bla...."  they work all fine but for subdomain aeva doesnt work for some sites (vimeo dont work as youtube works fine)

not:i figured out just now this url issue....

the all google index are for subdomain so i want to continue to use it.Any suggestions ?

the forum is

http://forum.armedassault-turkiye.net/

Basile Sebastiano

Often the video is very large.
If I wanted to resize the video?
For example, I want that video in my post was displayed with small 320 x 265
S. Basile

Nao 尚

I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Raul Malik

It was working fine on my site...but today when i added a video...it says

"(External Embedding Disabled)"

Kindly Help  :(

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: www.funindiazone.com on September 15, 2009, 05:16:21 AM
It was working fine on my site...but today when i added a video...it says

"(External Embedding Disabled)"

Kindly Help  :(
That is because the uploader of the video does not want to allow external embedding. So there is nothing that can be done to that. Just try it out, other videos will work still ;)
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Magicjax

I noticed that some of the youtube videos will automatically embed the video in the post as HQ which is a larger video.

This causes problems with the forum has a portal and the posts are narrower. I know how to solve this issue with "Normal" sized embedded videos. But like I said some are showing up as HQ and puts the post in a scroller because it's to wide.

Is there a work around for this? Where can I make my main forum a little wider when using a portal layout (I'm using the EzPortal Mod).

Here's an example page of my forum to show you what I mean. Scroll down, the video is at the bottom of the post.

http://www.magicjax.com/subtitle/index.php?topic=4.0

Nao 尚

NHWD

Quote from: Kindred on September 08, 2009, 07:52:03 PM
Quote from: CL0WNER on September 08, 2009, 06:44:55 PM
i upgraded from 6.9.99 to 6.9.101 and now videos from youtube show up twice

you did not follow the instructions...

you must UNINSTALL the old version first.   So, not you have duplicated code.   You will have to manually remove the duplicate code from the various source and template files.
well can u tell me what the code is?

kingkingston

I had 6.9.99 installed and went to unistall and the only problem was the mod settings
so i knew i had to manually unistall them and as i have been improving with my coding a bit i went through and unistalled each bit of code that had to be taken out but when i went to go to the feature and Options part in my admin i get this problem

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ',' in /home/wewantsp/public_html/Sources/ModSettings.php on line 168

can someone help me please :),i am trying to get better at it

Kindred

Quote from: CL0WNER on September 15, 2009, 10:16:30 PM
Quote from: Kindred on September 08, 2009, 07:52:03 PM
Quote from: CL0WNER on September 08, 2009, 06:44:55 PM
i upgraded from 6.9.99 to 6.9.101 and now videos from youtube show up twice

you did not follow the instructions...

you must UNINSTALL the old version first.   So, now you have duplicated code.   You will have to manually remove the duplicate code from the various source and template files.
well can u tell me what the code is?

no...  because I don't have access to your system.   I'd suggest you view the manual install instructions... look for all the placed where the mod adds or changes code and verify that only one instance of the code addition or change has been done.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Nao 尚

Quote from: Magicjax on September 16, 2009, 01:41:19 PM
Quote from: Nao 尚 on September 15, 2009, 05:52:59 PM
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=200401.msg2253027#msg2253027

Ok, I see. Thanks a lot. This is a great mod. Just this small issue is the only negative I could say about it.
I'll really look into it after I'm done with SMG's new version... Big project I'm afraid, I can't really focus on both projects at the same time.

mark7144

Very minor bug:

If you leave the crap at the end of the following URL, AEVA fails to grab the title of the video and make it a link. However, everything else is fine...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpuMlk0Pegw&feature=related#movie_player

Akyhne

Quote from: Paracelsus on September 10, 2009, 08:07:37 AM
Is it possible to somehow set up a widht limit somewhere?
You can fix the width of all videos to the width of your thumbs, by adding this code to your Subs-Aeva-Custom.php file. Please read the guide in Subs-Aeva-Custom-Example.php to find out how to use Subs-Aeva-Custom.php.

global $modSettings;

if (isset($modSettings['attachmentThumbWidth']) && $modSettings['attachmentThumbWidth'] > 0) {
$customWidth = $modSettings['attachmentThumbWidth'];
foreach ($sites as $si => $te) {
if ($te['id'] != 'ytb' && $te['id'] != 'local_mp3' && $te['id'] != 'bbc' && $te['id'] != 'cult' && $te['id'] != 'expo' && $te['id'] != 'scri') {
$defaultSizes = implode(',', $sites[$si]['size']);
list($width, $height) = split(',', $defaultSizes);
$sites[$si]['size'] = array($customWidth, round($customWidth / $width * $height));
}
if ($te['id'] == 'ytb') {
$sites[$si]['size']['normal'] = array($customWidth, round($customWidth / 480 * 385));
$sites[$si]['size']['ws'] = array($customWidth, round($customWidth / 640 * 385));
$sites[$si]['size']['hq'] = array($customWidth, round($customWidth / 640 * 505));
$sites[$si]['size']['hd'] = array($customWidth, round($customWidth / 854 * 505));
}
if ($te['id'] == 'bbc') {
$sites[$si]['size']['normal'] = array($customWidth, round($customWidth / 512 * 323));
$sites[$si]['size']['audio'] = array($customWidth, 106);
}
if ($te['id'] == 'local_mp3')
$sites[$si]['size'] = array($customWidth, 20);

if ($te['id'] == 'cult') {
$sites[$si]['size']['normal'] = array($customWidth, round($customWidth / 442 * 370));
$sites[$si]['size']['hd1'] = array($customWidth, round($customWidth / 730 * 586));
}
if ($te['id'] == 'expo') {
$sites[$si]['size']['normal'] = array($customWidth, round($customWidth / 646 * 396));
$sites[$si]['size']['sm'] = array($customWidth, round($customWidth / 342 * 225));
$sites[$si]['size']['md'] = array($customWidth, round($customWidth / 646 * 396));
}
}
}

If you just want to default the videos to your own specified width, replace $modSettings['attachmentThumbWidth'] with an integer of your choice, and delete
if (isset($modSettings['attachmentThumbWidth']) && $modSettings['attachmentThumbWidth'] > 0) { and it's ending bracket.
** Remember ** to save your Aeva site list in the Admin center, to make the changes take effect!!!

Nao 尚

@mark> This isn't a bug... If you add a # to the URL and the sitelist's code doesn't account for a # in the embed URL, then Aeva will consider it as already parsed through Aeva, and "movie_player" will be considered as an option... I'm not sure how it'll handle it at this point, but really, you shouldn't post this kind of link and expect Aeva to embed it without complaining ;)

mark7144

Quote from: Nao 尚 on September 17, 2009, 02:20:47 PM
@mark> This isn't a bug... If you add a # to the URL and the sitelist's code doesn't account for a # in the embed URL, then Aeva will consider it as already parsed through Aeva, and "movie_player" will be considered as an option... I'm not sure how it'll handle it at this point, but really, you shouldn't post this kind of link and expect Aeva to embed it without complaining ;)
OK understood :)

brion

I was looking at the following mod.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=200401.0

Is it bug free or still having problems? I am a beginner with SMF and wouldn't be able to patch a dozen bugs. Is it working well?

brion

Quote from: stormwatcher on September 07, 2009, 06:22:52 AM
You will have to excuse my ignorance. I think I just figured out what you meant by "bumping" my topic. When I replied to my own topic and it jumped to the top.......that is "bumping" correct? Is that correct?

If so, I sincerely apologize......that probably explains why my last reply had to have moderator approval.

As far as the issue with Avea.........Originally, I just uploaded the zips from my computer to the server.....SMF loaded .....ran fine.........tried to add Avea via the package manager. Avea would upload......pass all the tests........I would add mod..........the mod would report back..........successfully install mod and then immediately ......my computer screen went white with error message saying,

the server encountered an unexpected error......the script is corrupt or failed to produce output.

I then erased all files from server and uploaded the SMF 1.1.10 again and attempted to manually install the Avea mod.

As to your question about editing.......the Dumb Old Chemical Plant Workers Editor ver1.0........I probably wrote something wrong.........that's when I got the error message...

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ')' in /hermes/web09/b795/moo.storm/Sources/Subs.php on line 888

I then erased all the files from the server again.......upload SMF.........uploaded Avea via the package manager again. Passed Test again.........and once again got....

the server encountered an unexpected error......the script is corrupt or failed to produce output.

I then called fatcow in search of help.......long story short......after explaining the above process and explaining how the permissions really were different after only uploading them to the servers.......they asked me to wait.

My URL is still saying.......

all of a sudden out of nowhere........SMF was back up and running........with the Avea on it and functioning normal. 

They (fatcow.com) said they hit their magic permissions reset button....that was all they did.

I know nothing about programming. I just know that when SMF 1.1.10 was uploaded to limewire.com the zip file had a permission of 705.

The same files was uploaded to fatcow.com and had a permission of 644.

To add to this story.....once I got my site back (after the magic button) i continued to add a couple of mods.
Added Enhanced Posted Mod, all was still well.......then added Global Header and Footer mod.

the site cashed.........once again I got.....

I opened the server control panel and noticed that my sources file had permission of 777. I remembered always seeing it at 755.  I didn't change it to 777.

Fatcow or the script did. But I doubt fatcow did........I was not even talking them at this time. maybe that was their magic button. Do not know.

Anyway.....I manually changed the source fie permissions to 755 and have been running every since.

Once again sorry for the "bumping" thingy. I really did not understand when I committed that offense.

I do now and it will not happen again. I am just trying to get my forum up and running and post my experiences so someone else might benefit if they experience the same issues.

I also hosted with fat cow and every 24 hours my server crashes and dies, and it stays down until tech support resets it when I ask them to. They have incredibly horrible hosting. I moved the nameservers to a super fast private server, so now I am good.

Akyhne

If it had bugs like in "it will spoil your forum", it wouldn't be released/it would be removed by the Simple Machines team. If you mean bug free as in "it will run in any forum with any configuration", then the answer will be no. Hardly any mod can claim that, as many forums are heavily modded.

So you are basically taking a chance when installing any mod. However in most cases, people can just uninstall a mod again, if it's giving trouble or if it can't work together with other mods you have installed.

Advertisement: