General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nao 尚

That was when it was called AEVAC ;) From Karl.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

Indy74

Quote from: Nao/Gilles on October 07, 2009, 02:52:24 PM
Sorry for the bug. Was an oversight.
I've reuploaded a fixed package. Same version number of course. Should work this time.

Thanks.

About your width dilemma:)
Can you do the following:
- if it's 4:3 then aeva limits the size to 640x505;
- if it's 16:9, then the max width that has been set by the admin applies.
I don't know if that's possible with PHP code?

Nao 尚

Uh... Yes it's possible ($sw/$sh should be around 1.33 for 4/3), but there's no reason to this trivial resolution limit.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

AlenNS

Quote from: Nao/Gilles on October 07, 2009, 02:52:24 PM
Sorry for the bug. Was an oversight.
I've reuploaded a fixed package. Same version number of course. Should work this time.
That was fast. Thanks. :)

Akyhne

Quote from: Nao/Gilles on October 07, 2009, 06:58:20 AM
Maybe I should add a "max_height" variable to avoid huge 4/3 vids, I don't know...
That's more or less what I did and caculated the width from that. I just had a fixed height.

imrich

I had some confusion about your max width setting. Perhaps it's because of a cookie stored on my system?

The prompt says this:
QuoteLarger videos will be resized, while smaller videos will add a link to let you resize them to the maximum width

So I assumed that a video smaller than the size I entered would not be changed.  I entered a max width of 600.

When I view some 480 wide videos, I find they have been resized to a width of 600. I didn't expect that (not that it was bad, it simply seemed to contradict what the prompt said).

If I clicked on the 'small' link, then the videos seemed to resize to the x480 width.  Clicking 'large' (which seemed to be the default, perhaps this is because of a cookie?) sized the video to x600.

Perhaps this 'maximum width' setting functions by normalizing all videos to be the width entered? This isn't a complaint, I'm just wondering as this could be very useful to make all videos appear similar sized (in width).

Thanks again for your time on this mod.

Nao 尚

@Akyhne> yeah, but only doing max_height would not account for width breaking a fixed layout, so I'd still have to do a max_width as well...

@imrich> I've been reusing the cookie I was using for HD earlier. So, if you had HD as default for YouTube videos, all videos will show up as wide by default. I did that because I figured HD is usually bigger, and people who like HD, generally want bigger videos as well.
As for max_width, it does exactly what it says. If you want all vids to have the same width, you'll have to take the smaller width of them all, and set max_width to that. Then you won't get the small/large choice, and all videos will have the same width.

imrich

Cookies bite me again... yum! :)

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it (and your mod)!

darrenbeige

Hatena the blog isn't too popular, but could at least consider flipnote.hatena.com as it is actually becoming very popular now, as it is the main platform to upload Nintendo's FlipNote Studio animations too. I mean it can't be considered a small site; it has about 2515140 videos on it for goodness sake.

Nameless?

this is strange.. when i post a video in my forum it goes with Huge width and height ( 600 x 350 ) likely.. how to reduce this?

Nao 尚

Okay guys, so... No feedback, I guess it means I should keep Aeva 7's max width system as it currently is?
Just to be sure so I can ditch my alternative Javascript-based width calculator.

plusev

No offense to the powers that be, but ... I think the post moderation is slowing, if not killing, any feedback you might be getting Nao. That said, personally I like the java based idea as long as it doesn't slow performance.

+EV

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: plusev on October 12, 2009, 03:26:32 AM
No offense to the powers that be, but ... I think the post moderation is slowing, if not killing, any feedback you might be getting Nao. That said, personally I like the java based idea as long as it doesn't slow performance.

+EV
At the moment there is zero messages to be moderated. So this is not the case.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Kindred

I am reading this thread multiple times/day...   as are other staffers...  so, as LexArma said...    nope.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

plusev

My posts are being moderated.

"Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator." 

Nao 尚

What's "Nintendo's FlipNote Studio"?

darrenbeige

You must have heard of a DSi? The new Nintendo DS? Well, its a free app (installed by default on new consoles) that allows users to make animations, add music and sound effects, and then upload to a kind-of Youtube-esque site (flipnote.hatena.com) for animations where other users can rate and comment on others videos.

The site offers Flash embed code (so would be compatible with Aeva), and is now a large platform for these animations with many of them lasting thousands of slides, spanning several minutes.

Akyhne

plusev

Quote from: Akyhne on October 12, 2009, 06:02:14 PM
Every post in this topic is moderated.

I know, I was just referring to the statement I made in my previous post. Thx

QuoteNo offense to the powers that be, but ... I think the post moderation is slowing, if not killing, any feedback you might be getting Nao.

Kindred

and so what?   Yes, every post is moderated...     and we already addressed your previous concern by saying that it is not relevent.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: