General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petesky

2 Minibug's :-)

Auto-Embedding
A new version (7.0.706) is available! - Current version: 1.0.710 - Last checked: Gestern  um 14:32:33 (Check now)
Alpha should not check for previous release ?!

After uninstalling alpha2 and installing official alpha i got on ABOUT in Admincenter:
PHP has encountered a Stack overflow

Nao 尚

@kcmartz> It's not my problem... As you said, it works fine on your test server. If it doesn't work on your live server, ask your host. As for the menu item -- you probably didn't install it correctly, or are using a custom theme and don't know how to deal with them.

@bperry> I should stress out that although SMG can be reinstalled after uninstalling Aeva Media, you can't "downgrade" to SMG. i.e. all data recorded with SMG will be Aeva Media-only when AM is installed. No need to convert it back to SMG. (Well, I could write a converter but... What for?!)

Re: file names -- err... What? You use IE8??? Are you crazy?! :P

Any support team with knowledge about this, though? What's the trouble with + signs?
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

Norv

I'm not aware of a problem with + signs in package names (if I understand correctly), nor does the bug tracker, as far as I can tell. I didn't test the situation above, though, either. (yet)
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Arantor

The issue will be that + is taken as something else in the URL; it's the standard URL encoding for a space in a HTTP GET parameter; not directly an SMF limitation (as such)

Perhaps SMF packman should urlencode things? Note also that special characters should be avoided, especially & in package names.

MultiformeIngegno

RockCiclopedia (wiki - forum), Tutta la storia del rock, scritta da voi ...
Rimanere aggiornati sul mondo della musica grazie al nuovo feed "RockCiclopedia Music News"!

Arantor

Once Aeva Media hits 1.0 final, Nao, are you planning to discontinue SMG on its own? (If so, please let SMF Cust Team know what you want to do with the mod page/thread)

Nao 尚

I missed your post, petesky...
Does this PHP Stack Overflow error always happen? Do you have access to your apache logs? If yes, does it create these infamous .core files? In any case, if the error is reproduceable, please, PLEASE give me admin + ftp access to your site (if I don't have it already... I'm losing track of everybody I have login details for...), as if it can be reproduced, I can fix it, but only onsite (because apparently my own server doesn't suffer from this.) This may be due to a regex pattern error but I don't see where.

@Arantor> I'll try to think of naming my package file to Aeva-Media-1.0-Alpha-2.zip next time... I hate not using spaces, though. I tried to break out of the cycle with this new version... :(
Also, yes, I'm not planning to keep maintaining SMG after Aeva Media goes final. After all, SMG is just an older version of AM. I do not have plans to 'retire' that version either. I'll simply redirect people who have issues with SMG to AM. If you want to retire the mod, fine, but Dragooon should have a say on this, obviously. Basically, I decide on the destiny of AM while Dragooon decides on SMG.

@all> Thank you all for testing Aeva Media's alpha version. 1000 downloads in a single day is quite impressive! I was hoping for a hundred actually... Hopefully you don't mind that I'm not releasing an alpha 2 right now with the fixes I gave above. You can apply them by yourself on your own copy, just follow the instructions. Or just delete the errors in the error log when they show up ;) The reason why I can't release now is that I'm right in the middle of merging the update checking code for both mods. The sitelist will still be updated the same way as before (i.e. only if you go through the Auto-embed admin area, or view an embedded video), because I see absolutely reason to put more weight onto the SM.org server and waste bandwidth if the auto-embed feature isn't used at all. Unfortunately it won't be ready before a couple of hours, and with festivities and everything, I don't have much time to spend on Aeva Media. So it'll have to wait until tomorrow (or much later tonight if I find time, but I doubt it.)

I'm a bit lost with error reports. Did I miss anything? Anything that was reported in detail and I didn't fix since yesterday?
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Nao 尚

Quote from: Arantor on December 26, 2009, 08:40:41 AM
(If so, please let SMF Cust Team know what you want to do with the mod page/thread)
Oh, forgot about the SMG topic: ideally, and at least temporarily, it should be moved to the Aeva Media board. (And the board should actually be renamed to 'Aeva Media', obviously.)

leparo

Hi Nao, and mods,

May be my post haven't been read being just before a new release of Aeva Media ?

The unexpected behavior I have with Aeva 7.0.706 is that every file types are embeded when linked from another website even if only MP3 option is ticked (with external websites activated olso oviously). Is it normal behavior ?

Thanks for answering.

Bestest

Quote from: leparo on December 24, 2009, 02:13:48 AM
Hello World!

I am new user for Aeva/SMG combo and love it so far. I can't wait to install Aeva Media...

Still, I have one request for the Aeva part, which can be ignored if adressed in Aeva Media.

I would like to Accept external websites in addition to local embeds, but restrict it to mp3 only. I have tried to tick the "Accept external websites in addition to local embeds"  and "MP3 files (via Flash player)" options, but other external files types like .mov are then also embedded. I assume that the first option is not related to the second (which adress the local files handling). Please correct me if I'm wrong.

This is a concern as I don't want any .mov, or worst, .swf, .wma, from other part of the interweb be embedded in posts on my non moderated full of crazy people's forum.

I have searched and I think I have read more than 2/3 of the posts here and couldn't find any hint... I hope I didn't raise a question answered in page 7 with no mention to said options ;)

On a side note, it allowed me to fully appreciate Nao's straightforward and wity way of handling things, that I fully support. You are doing great and it's refreshing to read such no non-sens posts. Keep up!

Nao 尚

Quote from: petesky on December 24, 2009, 03:11:53 AM
Again - i installed the portaMX only because i need a simple portal script which works better then others i tried before. And this is what i need (only 5 static pages on my site). So far - i only suggested the update feature which is IMHO very cool.
You don't need a portal for a few static pages... Works just fine with some SSI.
http://noisen.com/license.php
The only code in that page is the HTML for the main block. The rest is done with 2-3 lines and a call to SSI.php.

QuoteI have seen this kind of update also in WoltLab Burning Board Lite which also use inline update of software, so the lazy user like me has only to click update and the rest is going itself which is very comfortable. If it's too hard to implement it doesn't matter - it was just an suggestion.
Yeah, I guess it could be done, but I have other priorities.

Quote1) Maybe you can add "gallery" to your actions list bring up "media", because smf uses "action=gallery" before and if you have links in forum it will show up nothing.
Good suggestion. I thought about it long ago when I renamed the action, and completely forgot about it after that.

Quote2) SMF gave the option to move copyright to footer (as far as i remember) - this option collects all the mod centered there which is much better for you and not so pushy when all these external links are widespread over the page.
What's this thing you're talking about...? An option within SMF?

Anyway, Aeva Media implements the copyright thing a bit better, I think?
If you have a div with ID 'footerarea' (SMF1) or 'footer_area' (SMF2 RC2), it will gladly add the text just after the SMF copyright, using the same font and size. I think. It's barely visible now, which is what I always wanted (i.e. a copyright notice that ONLY shows up when the mod is actually being put to use, and doesn't get in the way.)

@leparo> Yes, I already had a tab open with your post. Searching the auto-embed section for bugs is not my absolute priority, but I'll still try to do it. Please feel free to re-submit your report if I haven't released a fix by 2010. (It's not THAT far away by now :P)

Nao 尚

For those of you eager to test the latest fixes-- as I'm going to bed now and have no time to release a proper update (and I haven't completed the version number comparison changes, although it won't cause much trouble), you can get the latest rev (118) from the SVN, at the usual URL. If you don't know what I'm talking about, it means you need to read the specific instructions on how to install it, so go back a few pages in this topic until you find the word 'svn'. And read! ;)

SEEN

as usual, i uploaded the aeva media folder to the packages and installed from admin section.. i click the apply mod and nothing happen..

can someone tell me what's going on?

Indy74

Thanks for the new version, Nao!

I've just thought of a possible feature: can you add function in AM where readers can add items to albums directly from the post? Let's say someone has posted a picture or a clip that you like. Then you just click a button/link somewhere in the post area "add this to my album" or something like this? I know that it sounds lazy and it can be done in only a few more steps, but anyways, it's just an idea:)

Cheewy

I have added Playlist from youtube, and it's small.. I want to change size of that playlist... is this possible?

PURETRUCK.com

I have RC 2.0 installed and had Aeva-7.0.706 installed.

I was guessing I needed to uninstall that version prior to installing the new Alpha, but I get this message when I try to uninstall it.

QuoteError in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

Errors are as follows:

4.     Execute Modification     ./Sources/ManageSettings.php     Test failed
      1.    Replace    ./Sources/ManageSettings.php    Test successful
      2.    Replace    ./Sources/ManageSettings.php    Test failed
      3.    Add Before    ./Sources/ManageSettings.php    Test successful

5.     Execute Modification     ./Sources/Admin.php     Test failed
      1.    Replace    ./Sources/Admin.php    Test successful
      2.    Replace    ./Sources/Admin.php    Test failed

Nao 尚

Quote from: Indy74 on December 27, 2009, 06:34:08 AM
Thanks for the new version, Nao!

I've just thought of a possible feature: can you add function in AM where readers can add items to albums directly from the post? Let's say someone has posted a picture or a clip that you like. Then you just click a button/link somewhere in the post area "add this to my album" or something like this? I know that it sounds lazy and it can be done in only a few more steps, but anyways, it's just an idea:)
It's already in the Foxy! add-on... (Read my signature.)

MultiformeIngegno

When approximately do you think to release the AV final version..?
RockCiclopedia (wiki - forum), Tutta la storia del rock, scritta da voi ...
Rimanere aggiornati sul mondo della musica grazie al nuovo feed "RockCiclopedia Music News"!

Nao 尚

How can you expect me to answer this...? It depends on a lot of factors.
For instance, do I want to implement everything I want to put in? Per-user settings, for instance-- it's a 'big' feature, one of the things I wanted to do in Aeva Media. It's not in the first alpha. I'm hoping to put it into the first beta (at the latest). But what of the other features I want to add... My to-do-list is about a hundred items right now. If I implement 10 items, I can release a final version in a couple of months at the latest (a month at the earliest). If I want to implement 50 items, multiply by 3, 4 or 5... Etc.

Just can't say.
Maybe I'll even release a final version in a week and put the rest of the features in Aeva Media 1.1 or so... But I'm more comfortable with a beta process for now, given the number of radical changes in AM.

Nao 尚

@Cheewy> Can you post a screenshot?

@seen> What do you mean nothing happened? Blank screen? Or just came back to the package manager?

@puretruck> Proceed with uninstall, then download the 'failed files', edit them manually to remove the rest of the Aeva stuff, reupload them, then uninstall SMG the same way (if installed), and install AM.

Oskarlover

Anyway to embed FLV Files uploaded to my own server? Is it posible?

Advertisement: