General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

indytycoon

Quote from: Kindred on October 19, 2010, 12:34:48 PM
indytycoon,

permissions.  SMF standard permissions and Aeva permissions profiles.

Thanks, I'll look into it a bit more.

snifftheglove

Is it possible to use the Album Title when calling an Album via a url.

Currently to call a particular album you use
Quotehttp://www.domain.com/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=5

and you get Album with an ID of 5

Now this works OK but I am writing some code where I will not know the Album's ID but will know the Album's Title. In this case the album's title is Messier_M1. Is there a way to use a url like below to work?
Quotehttp://www.domain.com/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=Messier_M1

mixim2001

Quote from: indytycoon on October 19, 2010, 12:32:28 PM
I have the problem of users not being able to upload files.  There is no "add" option.  Only way I have found to get it to work is add moderate which allows them to delete files as well. I have setting under member lists set to write as well.

Am experiencing this too.  So I set the regular member to have moderation on the galley.  They still can't upload right.  Get unsuport file extentions.  The only way I can get members to upload properly is to give them admin access to the gallery.  ;(

Kindred

mixim2001,   that (unsupported extension) was a problem with an older version.  As for the add button, there are two permissions profiles to set. one in smf admin and one in gallery admin.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Touti

Hi all,

I moved to a new host and can't generate thumbnails and previews anymore.  My host tells me that ImageMagick is installed in /user/bin/convert but Aeva Media says it's not installed.  Is there anyway I can check if it's installed and working without shell access (I have the feeling I will greatly miss the access I had when I was on a VPS :))

SMF Version: SMF 1.1.11    PHP Version: 5.2.8
PHP's Safe Mode is disabled, so it won't cause any trouble to Aeva Media. Good thing.
FFMPEG: No
GD2: Yes bundled (2.0.34 compatible)
ImageMagick: No (IMagick: No - MagickWand: No)

HRM

I just dont get the point what this package does. I installed it succesfully but removed it again cause I saw nothing inside the application happening.
Isnt it supposed to show me all the embedded media en piuctures inside the forum from one place? Just like the old Media Center but then with youtube and flash videos too?
To install something for the cat's 'cut' is never nice..... (old dutch saying) :D

Illori

This mod will allow you to upload images to your site, it does not "collect" and automatically do anything with images or content already on your site.

Kindred

actually that is not quite true.

Any youtube link will convert to display the youtube player, once you ACTIVATE THE AUTOEMBED (and, of course, assuming the link is not enclosed in any existing BBC)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Loginsvarios

Quote from: Loginsvarios on October 25, 2010, 12:33:03 AM
Quote from: YogiBear on October 23, 2010, 02:26:25 PM
Yes, by a combination of setting permissions in Admin > Membergroups > Permissions

and Aeva > Admin > setting the permissions for albums.
I just created a new Profile in "Admin > Membergroups > Permissions"
Changed some settings on AEVA section and works OK.

But I have a problem:
When I change the permissions on "Aeva > Admin > setting the permissions for albums" nothing works.
The user still has access to all the features turned off.

· Permissions changed on Admin > Membergroups: Works OK
· Permissions changed on Aeva > Admin > Setting the permissions for albums: Don't work.

And just another question:
Is possible (as a mod) disapprove some albums and items on the Gallery?

I can disapprove items, but the owner can approve them again with a simple click.
And for the albums I don't see where is the option.

Please, anyone can help me?

HRM

Quote from: illori on October 27, 2010, 10:30:56 AM
This mod will allow you to upload images to your site, it does not "collect" and automatically do anything with images or content already on your site.

Quote from: Kindred on October 27, 2010, 11:10:41 AM
actually that is not quite true.

Any youtube link will convert to display the youtube player, once you ACTIVATE THE AUTOEMBED (and, of course, assuming the link is not enclosed in any existing BBC)

Thanks I lot for the info guys. You both answered the questions I had.
To install something for the cat's 'cut' is never nice..... (old dutch saying) :D

sr-rocketry

Hi,
I have the following problem with Avea Gallery: (excerpt from the error log)

[Url to the Forum]index.php?action=admin;area=aeva_albums;sa=add;bbcc92066=bb26f90a636ce5232ab67b37f58a0e2b
8: Undefined variable: title
Datei: /homepages/43/d253221285/htdocs/forum/Sources/Aeva-Gallery2.php
Zeile: 952

It is about this line:  952: $title = un_preparsecode($title);

Does anyone know of this error, or can someone help me there?

Regards, Markus

Oya

markus... would really help if you pointed out what version of aeva, what version of smf...

sr-rocketry

Sorry,

- SMF 2.0 RC3
- TinyPortal 1.0 RC1
- Aeva Media 1.4b

- MySQL 5

Regards, Markus

YogiBear

Was Aeva v1.4a fully uninstalled before you installed v1.4b ? I ask as 1.4b was released to fix order logic within the preparsing chain causing the <br/> code to appear when starting a new paragraph in the album descriptions in 1.4a
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

YogiBear

Ah, fair enough. So it was a new installation.

Try uninstalling then delete.

Then install a fresh copy of 1.4b

Let us know what happens.

CoolKill3r

Aeve Media was installed on my site but there is a big problem now!
My site is much slower now and i cant uninstall Aeve Media at aal, if i try the forum say's it cant load the page.
I just found out that i cant install any mod add all anymore. Could someone please help me.
I really want to keep all the info on the site so is there a way to delete it without reseting the forum?

Please keep it simple i'm kinda new at this
manny thanks: CoolKill3r

sr-rocketry

The Avea programmer has written me the following about the error:

Hi,
I fixed this bug a few hours ago (I'm not sure I mentioned it in the "No support" topic though),
and re-uploaded the files under the same version number...

YogiBear

You wouldn't believe I hadn't noticed this until you mentioned it, sr-rocketry. v1.4b 30 October 2010 revision now installed in my own forum.

Advertisement: