[Request] MOD to change Username to image :)

Started by Didds, July 19, 2009, 12:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Didds

Hey! If anyone is any good at mods listen up :P

I would like a mod to be made (If possible) That would change your user name to an image. So if you wanted your username to be like this for example : You could have it. I'm sure this could be done ;)
And could it be made for SMF 2.0?

-Thanks- :)
[/center]

Marcus Forsberg

Hi Didds! :)

Would you like to have this image automaticly made?
For example, I change my name to Nasalala, the image would be generated and changed for me without you, the admin, doing anything?
Or would you like to create each image for each member yourself?

Didds

Quote from: Nas on July 19, 2009, 12:30:06 PM
Hi Didds! :)

Would you like to have this image automaticly made?
For example, I change my name to Nasalala, the image would be generated and changed for me without you, the admin, doing anything?
Or would you like to create each image for each member yourself?

Yes, that would be perfect! Although, could I choose the colours of the names?
[/center]

Didds

Quote from: Kat on July 19, 2009, 12:33:34 PM
We did this on our forum, by doing it with the "Censored words" feature.

We added some smileys and made them hidden.

Say you wanted an image named "Didds.gif" to replace the word "Didds". We made a smiley with the ciode ":didds:" and, in "Censored words", replace "Didds" with ":didds:", which will show the smiley graphic, whenever the name is entered.

No need to add code for custom themes, that way. :)

That is quite a good idea! Very inventive! I will use it if I find no other way :) Thanks ;)
[/center]

Didds

[/center]

Didds

[/center]

Didds

[/center]

kat

* Kat comes back, says "So much easier to use censored words feature" and slithers back out...

Didds

Lmao :P Ok, how do I do it though? I know how to censor words, but how do I make an image appear when that word is used?
[/center]

kat

Create hidden smileys.

If you install a smiley file called didds.gif and use the code :didds:, then go to censored words and tell it to replace didds with ":didds:", you're laughing.

Didds

[/center]

kat

When you add it, or edit it, you'll see "Location". "Hidden" is one of the options. That just means that it won't appear on post/reply pages, or the popup.

t2noob

I tried this didn't work when I change my display name it just stays as the word noob. I made a hidden smiley called noob. code for it is :noob: censored word was noob which will change the word to :noob:

Didds

Ok :) But how do I add an individual smiley? Sorry for bothering you :P
[/center]

kat

kat

Quote from: t2noob on July 21, 2009, 06:32:20 PM
I tried this didn't work when I change my display name it just stays as the word noob. I made a hidden smiley called noob. code for it is :noob: censored word was noob which will change the word to :noob:

Sorry to be blunt, but you must've done something wrong.  :)

That only replaces the name in posts, not in titles and stuff.

t2noob

Didds

Yeahh post it here please, just so I fully understand :P
[/center]

Didds

Ohhh I use SMF 2.0 RC1.....I don't see Add Smiley.... :( Is this SMF 1 only? :(
[/center]

t2noob

Even if i change it to the smiley code I just get this.
Edit :In the posts it works so If i were to add noob to this post it changes the noob word to a picture or the smiley code :noob: I want it to change the Title to a picture. How can you say that using censored words would work ?

Advertisement: