News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

SMF Bay

Started by MonoTiz, April 12, 2010, 04:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biology Forums

Also: When posting an auction, the auction gets displayed in a board of your choice, like a new thread.

TheListener

Quote from: shuban on August 26, 2011, 01:56:54 PM
Also: When posting an auction, the auction gets displayed in a board of your choice, like a new thread.

I'd rather keep it seperate to the main forum boards in the same way as the blogs are seperate.

Biology Forums

Quote from: Brack1 on August 26, 2011, 01:58:04 PM
Quote from: shuban on August 26, 2011, 01:56:54 PM

I'd rather keep it seperate to the main forum boards in the same way as the blogs are seperate.

That's the main reason I stopped using it.

T3CHN0

Quote from: Brack1 on August 26, 2011, 01:53:42 PM
1/ Have a board post for a new sale to post in a board of your choice like the calendar does so members know when new listing are added

A number next to the menubar (as in the aeva mod or ajax chat mod) may be more ideal instead of a board.

Ageed with your reply, Another option would be a number display on the menu button it self like aeva media mod does

Deezel

Quote from: techno489 on August 26, 2011, 02:04:17 PM
Quote from: Brack1 on August 26, 2011, 01:53:42 PM
1/ Have a board post for a new sale to post in a board of your choice like the calendar does so members know when new listing are added

A number next to the menubar (as in the aeva mod or ajax chat mod) may be more ideal instead of a board.

Ageed with your reply, Another option woulf be a number displey on the menu button it self like aeva media mod does
i like that...

TheListener

While I think of it.

I can't remember whom added the portal block for the mod to work on simple portal but I can confirm it works perfect.

T3CHN0

Quote from: Brack1 on August 26, 2011, 02:10:42 PM
While I think of it.

I can't remember whom added the portal block for the mod to work on simple portal but I can confirm it works perfect.
can you post image of how it looks and link to mod?

Deezel

That block code is in this thread.. I think it was techno489

T3CHN0

Quote from: Deezel on August 26, 2011, 02:15:42 PM
That block code is in this thread.. I think it was techno489
ME :D oh yes the HTML code I made

TheListener

aint memory a lovely thing.

Now what was we talking about?

::)

Jetziel

I am getting weird characters on prices like this e+06, it only happens on the starting price, current price and buy it now price. anyone know what i am doing wrong. using SMF 2.0 but emulated it to RC4 to make it work, everything works fine but the weird numbers and characters, site is hxxp:vindictusmp.com [nonactive]

edit: anyone know how i can make it see 999999999. the items that will be put are in the million mark for in game currency. and it adds those weird characters when it passes 999999

T3CHN0

Go to

Admin>>Configuration>>SMF Bay

Change your Currency to $ or what ever you like... and under max amount put all the 99999 you need.

pays to go over all the settings at the same while your in there

Jetziel

ive added $ as my currency and added 999999999 in the max price and whatever passes the million mark gets the weird characters. Ive been changing settings like a mad man and no mater what if anything is pas that 999999 it goes wacky

T3CHN0

Sorry, I can't help.. I have a look around the SMFBay php file Install and BD and made some edits
but can't find were the fix for this is...

I tested and also get $ 1e+08 if my price if more then 999999

$ 1e+06 $ 1e+07 $ 1e+08 and so on; seams to be the number of 9's you have
greater then 6 lots of 9.

Another bug to fix for who takes over this mod....

Some support from who knows a bit more on php then I do could work this out for you.
I don't think it's a biggy

JohnWayne999

Hello, just in case somebody is in the same situation as me, the following is how I managed to get SMF Bay Pro 1.0.6.1 to work on SMF 1.1.15.

Basically I downloaded the attachment SMF_Bay_PRO_1.0.6.1.tar.gz offered generously by MonoTiz (same thread) on 26th of May 2010 12:53:30PM ( http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=375966.20 ).
Uploaded it to Package Manager.
Simulation indicates in my environment, failure to "Execute Modification --- ./Theme/default/index.template.php --- Test failed". Otherwise everything else "Test successful".
I proceeded to install the package.

Manually edit Themes/default/index.template.php
In my situation the top panel tab did not stick for some reason.
Manual Install Instruction from SMF Bay MOD website ( custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=parse ) says to insert something before "// Otherwise, they might want to [logout]...", but I cannot find this string in my index.template.php. This must be where the simulation failed.

Not to worry. The piece of code to insert looks like code for one of the top panel buttons. So I just scrolled to where all the buttons are. For example you can just look for the code for "Home", "Help" or "Search" button which should have code that looks like this (for example, for 'Home' button):

// Show the [home] button.
echo ($current_action=='home' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , '
<td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'home' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
<a href="', $scripturl, '">' , $txt[103] , '</a>
</td>' , $current_action == 'home' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '';

Just follow on from there you'll see all your buttons and just stick this next piece of code in to where you want your SMF Bay button to sit. If you want you can even stick it right after the Home button code shown above, but it's totally up to you:
// [SMF_Bay]
if (allowedTo('smfbay_access'))
{
global $modSettings;

echo ($current_action == 'smfbay' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , '
<td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'smfbay' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">';
echo '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=smfbay;sa=home">' . $modSettings['smfbay_label'] . '</a>
</td>' , $current_action == 'smfbay' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '';
}

This instruction should link to Source/SMFBay.php for you if it works.

On my server though things weren't that simple. For some reason even inserting this piece of code (shown above) didn't make the button appear. So I forced it to appear by removing the if(allowedTo, and also shortened the hypertext link. ie. I inserted this following section of code instead of the piece immediately shown above:
// [SMF_Bay]
// if (allowedTo('smfbay_access'))
// {
global $modSettings;

echo ($current_action == 'smfbay' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , '
<td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'smfbay' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">';
echo '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=smfbay;sa=home">SMF Bay</a>
</td>' , $current_action == 'smfbay' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '';
// }

This time it worked. Clicking on "SMF Bay" brought me to the correct screen. I must have trimmed off a bit of intelligent code but it doesn't bother me as long as the sell & buy function still works. Hope this helps someone overcome their area of difficulty.

T3CHN0

this part of the code can be full as it's simple HTML coding. <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=smfbay;sa=home">' . $modSettings['smfbay_label'] . '</a>
with this part removed ' . $modSettings['smfbay_label'] . ' I would suspect the admin controls to stop working. can you confirm you can still use smfbay admin options.?
I use 2.0.1 and can't test my self. but for others to know as well it would be good if you could let us know.
cheers

trekkie2444

It looks like my theme images didn't download or something...apparently they're supposed to go to a /themes/default/smfbay/whatever.png folder but that folder isn't showing up, it's only there as a blank empty file. Weird.

MonoTiz

Quote from: trekkie2444 on June 28, 2012, 05:01:55 AM
It looks like my theme images didn't download or something...apparently they're supposed to go to a /themes/default/smfbay/whatever.png folder but that folder isn't showing up, it's only there as a blank empty file. Weird.
Hi,
in the MOD package you can see a theme dir. In dir folder you can see the SMFBay dir. Copy that in you theme directory.
It should works.

trekkie2444

It's in a tar file, which I don't have the resources to unpack at the moment.

MonoTiz

Quote from: trekkie2444 on June 28, 2012, 05:53:03 AM
It's in a tar file, which I don't have the resources to unpack at the moment.
Ok, use an FTP client to copy the folder in your theme dir.

http://www.7-zip.org/ should extract the package.

Advertisement: