News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Cleaning up this board

Started by Joshua Dickerson, February 18, 2011, 04:50:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joshua Dickerson

SMF 1.1 and SMF 2.0 are stable and all of the development efforts are focused on SMF 2.1. SMF 1.1 and SMF 2.0 are still, however, getting security fixes, and there are many bugs which have yet to be fixed.

This board has a lot of bugs that need to be confirmed, tracked, or moved to the fixed/closed board. Please help us in checking these bugs out, especially the ones concerning SMF 2.1.

If the bug still exists but is not found on the issue tracker (GitHub), please ask a team member to track it if you are not comfortable with using GitHub. Otherwise, you can move issues to GitHub by yourself.  If you're unsure please leave the bug topic alone and let someone else look in to it. Littering the board with requests for help will not assist anyone.

- Confirmed bugs that are logged on GitHub should be marked with a thumbs up icon.
- Resolved bugs or bugs with an approved pull request on GitHub can be marked as solved.
- Non-bugs should be marked with a thumbs down icon if it's not a bug, or moved to Next SMF Discussion if it's not a bug but should have a follow up.

Eventually, non-bugs or fixed bugs will be moved to Fixed or Bogus Bugs.
Preferably, remember to report bugs on GitHub first.

Thank you all so much for your help.
Come work with me at Promenade Group

Need help? See the wiki. Want to help SMF? See the wiki!

Did you know you can help develop SMF? See us on Github.

How have you bettered the world today?

NanoSector

Maybe it is also a good idea to clean up all of the locked topics when we are done?
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Joshua Dickerson

I was moving the "moved:" topics when I noticed a search bug. I'm leaving them there for now to confirm the bug. After I can target the source of the bug I'll remove them. I usually leave the "moved:" topics for 7 days or whenever I get to them so authors know that their bugs have been moved. On some of the much older ones, I just move them without a move topic.

NanoSector

Quote from: Joshua Dickerson on February 18, 2011, 04:59:13 PM
I was moving the "moved:" topics when I noticed a search bug. I'm leaving them there for now to confirm the bug. After I can target the source of the bug I'll remove them. I usually leave the "moved:" topics for 7 days or whenever I get to them so authors know that their bugs have been moved. On some of the much older ones, I just move them without a move topic.
Mmkay. What is that "search bug"?
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Joshua Dickerson

It isn't major and this is getting OT, but it is currently showing the recycle board topics included in the search results.

naikvarda

What is bugtracker and how it will work? Please explain it.

Joshua Dickerson

Click the bug tracker link in the original post.

emanuele

Without bumping all the topics (if you prefer so let me know), here it is a list of what I've found.

These that are still valid:
If someone already knows if they are tracked in mantis I would not bother to search... :P

And these that seems to be fixed or not bugs:
Could anyone confirm all these topics can be moved away? :)

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Illori

Quote from: emanuele on May 01, 2011, 03:00:30 PM

out of your list to verify this one seems to be the only that i can verify still exists, it works fine in greek, but does not work in greek-utf8

I tested a few other languages, dutch-uft8 and turkish-utf8, looks like turkish-utf8 has this issue as well but only for the character for wednesday in the mini calendar on the left side.

also tested with russian-utf8, this issue seems to be able to be duplicated with any language that does not use the a-z alphabet for the first letter of each day of the week. I will bump that topic with further information.[/list]

emanuele

I'm not good at all with char encoding... ::)

Ah, I forgot to say that I did the tests on RC5. ;)

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
    1) Cosa fai,
    2) cosa ti aspetti,
    3) cosa ottieni.

Masterd

When you will clean all those "MOVED" topics?

Illori

the moved topics dont get cleaned up from any board they are there for a reason.

Arantor

They get removed from this board periodically, and have done for quite a while, usually a month or so after they were moved.

Joshua Dickerson

Illori, I usually keep them around for a week to a month and remove them after that since they add a lot of clutter.

live627

It's not easy to check these reports against their related issue in Mantis if half or more are private :P

Norv

Quote from: live627 on May 28, 2011, 09:10:31 PM
    It's not easy to check these reports against their related issue in Mantis if half or more are private :P

There is no "half of them". Most of the tracked issues and tracked features/plans are publicly visible, currently.

I have made the 2.1 project publicly accessible months ago. That means SMF 1.1, SMF 2.0, SMF Tools and SMF 2.1 are publicly accessible projects in the tracker.

I believe there is a "Saguaro" project that isn't public - yet. It is more in the future, though, and it basically tracks features or enhancements or revamps proposed for the (farther) future.

In any case, its accessibility will change after 2.0 final, along with many other things to open SMF development to the community, including planning/roadmaps for any versions.
    To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

live627

QuoteI believe there is a "Saguaro" project that isn't public
    Maybe that's what I was hitting?

Joshua Dickerson

There are still hundreds of untracked bugs. Please help us by confirming or denying that they still exist in the current stable version (on unmodded forums).

emanuele

I like numbers, so just for fun I'm fixing these figures. :)

Total topics in the board: 421
    Redirects: 43
    Stickies: 2
    Tracked: 57

15.2 % of the reported bugs are confirmed and tracked.

1) Cosa fai,
    2) cosa ti aspetti,
    3) cosa ottieni.

Joshua Dickerson

You counted all of them? lol, that seems like a lot of work. It would definitely be cool to have these numbers up-to-date. Thanks :D

Advertisement: