News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

2.0 Final has been released

Started by Norv, June 11, 2011, 07:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martine M

congratulations  to the team.
Running SMF 2.09 - Diego Andrés Theme Elegant Mind - TP 1.0 - Main Forum language English - Browser Firefox 33

Paracelsus

Congratulations to all the SMF Staff for this important milestone! (applaud)

searchgr

CountryLady

SMF 2.0 Gold is Fantastic~!

To everyone who has ever contributed to SMF... 

Thank You for this fantastic FREE Forum Software that helps people all around the world to communicate with each other. I know that MY Life is enriched because of SMF.

Thank you to the Staff who have ALL probably worked harder, and longer than they ever thought was possible, and given the best they've had to give. There are always differences of opinions, but in the end, what is best for the user has prevailed. Not every good idea becomes successful, but through your persistence and dedication, your excellent work will continue to serve the world as SMF's creators envisioned.

If every problem was worked on as diligently as SMF 2.0 Gold has been, there would be far more successful ventures in the world.

For the moment, let us celebrate, toast the efforts and accomplishments of many, and upgrade our forums so that our individual forum members can enjoy the fruits of SMF 2.0 Gold. Let us help each other in the spirit of good will for a time... Then we can begin again to think... Hmm... if only this could... I wonder if... What would happen if... and I bet it would work better if... leading us to strive to improve this software anew.

There are sure to be good things in the works, for talented minds cannot be still for long. I look forward to the next level of SMF accomplishment, and the next, and the next.

Hopefully the Mod and Theme Wizards will quickly busy themselves making magical upgrades for their older work and plotting new and exciting functionality for this awesome SMF 2.0 Gold software. Those of us who are skilled in adapting software should be more appreciative of all Mod & Theme makers. THEY make the salve that allows everything to work 'just right' no matter WHAT we try to do with SMF. So "Thanks in Advance" for weaving your magic for us.

Thank you also to the SMF Support Staff who will be striving to answer our questions and cries for help over and over and over again during the coming weeks as we non-geeks struggle to upgrade our forums to SMF 2.0 Gold. We KNOW we ought to 'get it', and we try, but often fall far short. Thank you for being patient and respectful no matter what. YOU are the ones who ultimately  help us to make the connections which allow many of us to webmaster our forums when everything is said and done. 

Cheers all around.... CL

Joshua Dickerson

We need help documenting all of the new features and changes... please see http://wiki.simplemachines.org
Come work with me at Promenade Group

Need help? See the wiki. Want to help SMF? See the wiki!

Did you know you can help develop SMF? See us on Github.

How have you bettered the world today?

SJR

Quote from: Kindred on June 13, 2011, 03:41:38 PM
and SJR... my statement was that the ONLY people "hindered" by the original SMF license were those who wanted some integration with a GPL product which could not allow an exception to the silly clauses in the GPL that tried to make everything else GPL.
Wow.  I'm almost speechless.  Almost.  Again, the old license hindered the adoption of SMF more than it helped it.   I did not "want some integration with a GPL product .." so what could possibly explain why I did not use SMF then?  According to YOU there is NO OTHER explanation.   ::)  Could it be perhaps that I believe in the open source ethos and wish only to use and contribute back to projects that are free1?  Pshaw... can't believe I wasted the last 20 years helping to make free software (Apache, Mozilla, Debian, Ubuntu ...) better, I must be an idiot. Nice marketing technique you have going there, insult a potentially huge new skilled user base.   :o

Notes:
1. Free as in speech not free as in beer.

agridoc

Congratulations to all that contributed so far.

Now on for SMF 2.1? or 3?
  For Greek aeromodellers and our friends around the world  - Greek Button sets for SMF - Greeklish to Greek mod
Δeν αφιερώνω χρόνο για μηνύματα σε greeklish.

iobit

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: CountryLady on June 13, 2011, 07:54:32 PM
Cheers all around.... CL
Wow... :o

Thank you for all the kind words there, it was very nice to read something so positive for a change!
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

rythreion

can anyone help me to upgrade my forum into 2.0 rc5 or gold?. i try to download the file but when i installed it it say's that the file is corrupted. i need a help

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

It is not used through the package manager.

Please see our documentation on Upgrading.
If you need further support, please open a new topic for that in the appropriate board.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Kotofff

Thank you so much !!! Success in further developments !!!

Dannii

Quote from: Kindred on June 13, 2011, 03:41:38 PM
and SJR... my statement was that the ONLY people "hindered" by the original SMF license were those who wanted some integration with a GPL product which could not allow an exception to the silly clauses in the GPL that tried to make everything else GPL.
It hindered those who wanted to redistribute the software.
It hindered those who wanted to release themes outside of the official customisation site. (Yes, Bloc and all the others were illegally distributing themes at their websites!)

So it's great that now it is truly FOSS licenced!
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Informatics

You can catch me @ Forum Informatika a.k.a Indonesian Informatics Online Community @ http://if.web.id

Mods:
1. LinkTree v.1.1.0 [Topic  || Download]
2. Header Rotator v.1.1.0 for 1.1.x | v.2.1 for 2.0 [Topic || Download]

scotchmonster

Unreal, great achievement Boys & Girls  :)

mibthunderbird

Finally, congratulation to SMF team.

Dave J

Congratulations, thanks and well done to one and all for a great job done  ;)
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

willemjan

Naki-BoT

:: hxxp:www.dot.pvpgn.pl [nonactive] :: hxxp:www.pvpgn.pl [nonactive] ::

Advertisement: