General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

No, they'll stay there but be unavailable since there isn't a current converter for SMF Gallery (either the free or paid ones) to Aeva (either the free or paid ones)

Oh, and vbgamer apparently won't allow anyone to build a product based on his code - which rules out a converter anyway.

Eyesman

Quote from: Brack1 on January 24, 2011, 12:05:15 PM
I believe I have spotted the problem.

You have the smf gallery lite installed which is different to aeva.

You also have the advanced contact form mod installed twice.

Also the youtube mod is not necessary with aeva installed as aeva does it for you,

If I uninstall both of Advanced Contact Pages, youtube mod and the smf lite gallery and then install the Aeva Media will it work? Or do I have to remove manually the remaining files from previous uninstallation. If yes, how do I remove manually the left overs from aeva?

Thanx again!

Chumblespuzz

Hi,

I am running SMF 1.1.12 and have just installed Aeva-Lite-7.1.708.

When I put a video URL into a post, Aeva properly looks up and shows the video's title but no video player object is displayed. I have tried using several sources including youtube.

Any advice to get this working properly would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Chumblespuzz

OK. I figured it out. The Aeva Lite installer modified the Subs.php file in the sources directory, but there was another instance of the Sources.php file in the message board root directory. I copied the modified version into the root and everything ran perfectly.

Hope this helps someone else in the future.

-roy-

Eyesman

I have uninstalled the double Contact form.

But I can not uninstall the smf gallery lite nor the youtube mod unless I install first the Aeva Media. I need to know how to remove the left overs from Aeva before I try installing it again. Can I have some instructions on how to manually remove it?

Thank you!

Arantor

Go to the mod's page, select the version of Aeva installed, your SMF version and hit Parse.

Now just follow all the instructions in reverse.

agent47

Is there a way I can ONLY give upload privileges (of a particular album) to regular members instead of moderator rights which gives them the power to delete images aswell ?

PortaMx is probably the best SMF portal!

agent47

Arantor

Normally we ask for 24 hours between bumps, it's kind of rude seeing how a lot of people will be in bed at the times you posted.

Did you try looking at the permissions profiles area to allow for uploads only?

agent47

Quote from: Arantor on January 27, 2011, 04:09:59 AM
Normally we ask for 24 hours between bumps, it's kind of rude seeing how a lot of people will be in bed at the times you posted.

Did you try looking at the permissions profiles area to allow for uploads only?
I apologize, sir.
Yes. I did check permission but there isn't a tick box for JUST uploading.. I just hope and pray there's a solution to this issue.

Arantor

No, there isn't. There are 4 and one for approvals thereof:

QuoteAdd audio files   

Add documents   

Add embedded files   

Add pictures   

Add video files   

Auto-approve items

agent47

Quote from: Arantor on January 27, 2011, 02:06:14 PM
No, there isn't. There are 4 and one for approvals thereof:

QuoteAdd audio files   

Add documents   

Add embedded files   

Add pictures   

Add video files   

Auto-approve items
Ok - I see none of those lines in the permissions pane.
Am I using an older version?
According to the admin panel I'm using 1.4c and there seems to be a updated version which is 2.03
Funny thing though is that there isn't. All I see is 1.4c in the mod download page

Arantor

2.10 is a paid version (all of the 2.x versions are paid)

Thing is, they're there in 1.4c as well. You're looking in the wrong place - Admin > Aeva Media > Permission Profiles

agent47

You my friend are a true life saver! Thanks alot mate.
I owe you one...

jmil

OK - I am a SMK 1.1.12 User with a host of Mods.

Site:  www.forums.midatlanticxriders.com

Yeasterday I do not know why and error log does not indicate I lost my Theme and my gallery. I was able to recover my theme and all threads and posts etc... good to go but my Gallery" SMF Media Gallery 2.0.5 will not show any Pictures. Everything is there including the comments, exif data, etc - Just no Pictures, nor thumbnails and albums Thumbnails.

I did a complete Back up and Table recovery to NO AVAIL - So I guess it is time to Upgrade to Aeva Media.

The thread is 256 pages long. Can someone point me to the upgrade instructions from SMF Media Gallery to Aeva Gallery.

I also Have the original Aeva Auto Embed installed! Will I have to delete Both?
What version of Aeva Media should I upgrade too?

Thank You in advance!

Kindred

yes, you will have to uninstall both (not delete... uninstall)
1.4c is the latest free version.

What it sounds like you have/had is not a database problem, but a FILE problem... If the image FILES are missing, then upgrading will not help either way
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

jmil

Hmmm - Any ideas not sure where to look - I have checked my SQL - I have Regenerated - I have Backuped - Dont know what happened - I was NOT hacked ! Just lost all files!

Kindred

look in the mgal directory of your forum...    I'd check with your host as to what happened to your files.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

jmil

I Just looked at them via FTP - All the mgal files are there.

Inside them in the DIR_1 (for example) are all the files but the file names do Not end in .jpg - All end ilike this example:

7483_DSCN2764_JPG2ac4a13326e0e0aa7bde5d660aee8325_extjpg

Shouldn't it be jpg with a DOT?

Also here is the Directory order for the pictures:  /forums/mgal_data/albums/Cape_may_ride/Dir_1/

Attached example

jmil

More Info - It appears my Destination Directory is wrong here is a fail I get trying to upload now!

Cannot find proper destination on the server, please contact your administrator

BTW - I do plan on Upgrading anyways!!

What Should By Detination Folder be?

Here is my Data Directory path:  /hermes/web07d/b109/pow.chiefvtx/forums/mgal_data
Here is my  Data Directory URL: http://forums.midatlanticxriders.com/mgal_data

Advertisement: