News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Stop Spammer

Started by M-DVD, December 31, 2008, 07:31:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manicbe

Hi all

I've installed the mod on my forum (SMF 1.1.8 )
I always have the following error:
"Your host couldn't make connection to the DB, Try again later
If it continue see Topic of Support and search Known Issues"

due to the known issue list I've also installed mod "cURL fetch_web_data"

but even after that I've still the same issue

For info:
- I'm using PHP Version 4.4.4
- I've modified all php pages manually as the installer didn't work for me

Does somebody have a clue what I could do to have this mod working because I'm fed up with those spammers :-X

greetz

**edit**
this comes from the errorlog:
2: curl_setopt() [<a href='function.curl-setopt'>function.curl-setopt</a>]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when in safe_mode or an open_basedir is set
Bestand: /home/********/forum/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Regel: 2152

snoopy_virtual

The problem is that the web stopforumspam (who has the spammers database) sometimes is too busy and it's difficult to make a connexion.

Whenever you see the message "Your host couldn't make connection to the DB..." try to enter http://www.stopforumspam.com/search and search theirs DB manually.

If you find out that stopforumspam's web is not responding or is too slow you will know this is the problem.

But if their web is responding fast enough then it will mean your problem is somewhere else.

Let us know one way or the other.

El verdadero sabio es aquel que lo ve todo, lo estudia todo, lo analiza todo y molesta poco.
A true wise man is he who sees everything, studies everything, analyses everything and hardly ever annoys.

robinrobin

How can i add the "Unapproved users: X" text-link to a custom place on my custom theme?

manicbe

hi snoopy_virtual ,

the web interface is responding as it should , very fast ;)

greetz

snoopy_virtual

Quote from: M-DVD on February 09, 2009, 11:50:33 PM
Quote from: HR on February 09, 2009, 01:51:10 PM
Already got the button but I used a different mod/method to create it. ... etc

The image look interesting.

Where in the forum you have added this?

I don't know in 2.0, but in 1.1.x that's inside Profile.template.php in the function template_trackIP

El verdadero sabio es aquel que lo ve todo, lo estudia todo, lo analiza todo y molesta poco.
A true wise man is he who sees everything, studies everything, analyses everything and hardly ever annoys.

snoopy_virtual

Quote from: manicbe on February 10, 2009, 10:17:34 AM

**edit**
2: curl_setopt() [<a href='function.curl-setopt'>function.curl-setopt</a>]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when in safe_mode or an open_basedir is set

I see. The error is in your server.

I suppose your server is not in safe mode so it should be the another one. (Check anyway your phpinfo to be sure)

I'll think about it to see if I can help, anyway M-DVD knows better than me cUrl functions, so lets hope he reads this as well and find a solution before me.

Maybe adding something in the php.ini   ???

snoopy_virtual

Quote from: robinrobin on February 10, 2009, 11:20:26 AM
How can i add the "Unapproved users: X" text-link to a custom place on my custom theme?

If you know enough PHP and HTML just take a look at M-DVD's code and modify it anyway you want.

If you don't know enough PHP you will need to pay somebody to do it for you I suppose.

snoopy_virtual

For manicbe

I cannot find the error.

- You said you are using SMF 1.1.8 right? (That's the same one I use)

- And you also installed mod "cURL fetch_web_data" right? (I haven't got that one though and the mod is working perfect for me)

- Are you sure you have the latest version 2.1 of the mod?

- Did you check with phpinfo if your server is in safe mode?

robinrobin

Quote from: snoopy_virtual on February 10, 2009, 11:38:51 AM
If you don't know enough PHP you will need to pay somebody to do it for you I suppose.

Hehe, yeah, as if You usually have to do that with mods. I'm simply asking for that line since the theme i'm using doesn't display it natively and i gotta add it manually. Not trying to rip it off. It's not MY theme. I'm just using a custom one.

HR

Quote from: PerryM on February 10, 2009, 09:08:53 AM
Quote from: HR on February 10, 2009, 09:06:37 AM
Quote from: PerryM on February 10, 2009, 08:52:27 AM
Love the concept of the module!!!

However just downloaded and installed v 2.0 in smf 2.0 RC1 and when I try to add a new user from the Admin I get:

The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: is_spammer

Sadly, I must uninstall your module unit this is fixed.

I appreciate the hard work...
If the section isnt there you could either manually run the code.php file to create the field or use phpmyadmin and manually add it to the members table.

Thanks for the hint (I was using v 2.1 by the way).  But I can't have my admins doing this so I'll have to wait for v 2.2.

You onlly have to add the table the one time after that the error shouldnt happen again

I can explain this as simply as possible.. If I do it & implement I guarantee it.
If I do it and you implement it its a crap shoot.

M-DVD

Sorry for respond slow.

Thanks for the hint (I was using v 2.1 by the way).  But I can't have my admins doing this so I'll have to wait for v 2.2.

Hi.

The install_2.php is fine.

1.- Have you installed manually? If so, you must do added this manually as well.

2.- If you installed automatically then try reinstalling and test.

If the problem appears, go to any place in Administration, and click in the "Save" button anywhere Setting. Then repeat the test.
(*) If this works, I will explain why.

3.-  Also, maybe you have configured it cannot alter the structure of the DB the user-connection Forum's.

This link is showed, when exist members awaiting approval. :)

**edit**

Answer:

Quote from: snoopy_virtual on February 10, 2009, 11:33:38 AM

I suppose your server is not in safe mode so it should be the another one. (Check anyway your phpinfo to be sure)

Maybe adding something in the php.ini   ???

Yes, I think you cannot use cURL or fsockopen.

Check with your host, and informal you need cURL or fsockopen enabled.

PerryM

Quote from: M-DVD on February 10, 2009, 06:35:32 PM
Sorry for respond slow.

Hi.

The install_2.php is fine.

1.- Have you installed manually? If so, you must do added this manually as well.

2.- If you installed automatically then try reinstalling and test.

If the problem appears, go to any place in Administration, and click in the "Save" button anywhere Setting. Then repeat the test.
(*) If this works, I will explain why.

3.-  Also, maybe you have configured it cannot alter the structure of the DB the user-connection Forum's.

This link is showed, when exist members awaiting approval. :)

**edit**

Answer:

Installed the latest version of the Stop Spammer module in RC1 and still get the error:

The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: is_spammer

When trying to add a new member via the Admin CP.

Let me know when the module works and I'll try again.

Perry

M-DVD

Check via phpmyadmin if the column is_spammer exist in table smf_member and tell me.

PerryM

Quote from: M-DVD on February 10, 2009, 11:26:41 PM
Check via phpmyadmin if the column is_spammer exist in table smf_member and tell me.

Yes, it's there.
Perry

M-DVD

Quote from: PerryM on February 10, 2009, 11:46:28 PM

Yes, it's there.

Ok, this is what I thought.

The MOD is Ok. Your problem is this.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=291178.msg1917265#msg1917265

http://dev.simplemachines.org/mantis/view.php?id=3090

:)

PerryM

Quote from: M-DVD on February 10, 2009, 11:48:47 PM
Quote from: PerryM on February 10, 2009, 11:46:28 PM

Yes, it's there.

Ok, this is what I thought.

The MOD is Ok. Your problem is this.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=291178.msg1917265#msg1917265

http://dev.simplemachines.org/mantis/view.php?id=3090

:)

Uninstalled and then installed mod again.  Went to admin>Maintenance>Form Maintenance>Empty the File Cash

No luck, same error when trying to add a new member from the Admin CP.
Perry

manicbe

Quote from: snoopy_virtual on February 10, 2009, 12:03:56 PM
For manicbe

I cannot find the error.
- You said you are using SMF 1.1.8 right? (That's the same one I use)
Yep

- And you also installed mod "cURL fetch_web_data" right? (I haven't got that one though and the mod is working perfect for me)
Yep
  - Are you sure you have the latest version 2.1 of the mod?
yep
  - Did you check with phpinfo if your server is in safe mode?
2B honest I don't know a lot about this safe mode , so this are the value in my php info:
safe_mode Local Value: Off Master Value: On
safe_mode_exec_dir Local Value: no value Master Value: no value
safe_mode_gid Local Value: Off Master Value: Off
safe_mode_include_dir Local Value: no value Master Value: no value
safe_mode_allowed_env_vars Local Value: PHP_ Master Value: PHP_
safe_mode_protected_env_vars Local Value: LD_LIBRARY_PATH Master Value: LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Quote from: M-DVD on February 10, 2009, 06:35:32 PM
Sorry for respond slow.

**edit**

Answer:

cUrl should be ok if I look at the values in phpinfo
curl
CURL support  enabled 
CURL Information  libcurl/7.12.3 OpenSSL/0.9.7a zlib/1.2.1.2 libidn/0.5.6 

snoopy_virtual

Quote from: robinrobin on February 10, 2009, 02:48:46 PM

Quote from: snoopy_virtual on February 10, 2009, 11:38:51 AM

Hehe, yeah, as if You usually have to do that with mods. I'm simply asking for that line since the theme i'm using doesn't display it natively and i gotta add it manually. Not trying to rip it off. It's not MY theme. I'm just using a custom one.

Sorry robinrobin I had misunderstood you.

I thought you could already see the "Unapproved users: X" button but you wanted to move/copy it to a custom place on your custom theme, apart from the place it is already.

Of course, if that's what you want, it is not easy to answer, because I will need to see the code of your custom theme, you will need to tell me where you want the button to be seen, etc, and this will take some time.

That's the kind of things I'm doing every day for a lot of customers all over the world and usually we use yahoo, msn, skype or any other messenger program to talk and send files up and down and they pay me 20 € an our via paypal for my work.

If I have understood you now, your problem is that the mod have modified a few files in your "default theme" but not in your "custom theme" and you want to modifiy them manually.

If that's the case, the answer is very easy and of course I'm not going to charge you a penny for it.

I just need to know this 3 things:

- The version of SMF you are using.
  - The version of the mod you have installed.
  - The name of the files inside your custom theme ending in "template.php", like "index.template.php" etc.

Just tell me that and I will tell you exactly what you need to do.

And sorry again for the misunderstanding.

snoopy_virtual

Quote from: manicbe on February 11, 2009, 03:25:33 AM

... this are the value in my php info:
safe_mode Local Value: Off Master Value: On
safe_mode_exec_dir Local Value: no value Master Value: no value
safe_mode_gid Local Value: Off Master Value: Off
safe_mode_include_dir Local Value: no value Master Value: no value
safe_mode_allowed_env_vars Local Value: PHP_ Master Value: PHP_
safe_mode_protected_env_vars Local Value: LD_LIBRARY_PATH Master Value: LD_LIBRARY_PATH

CURL support  enabled 
CURL Information  libcurl/7.12.3 OpenSSL/0.9.7a zlib/1.2.1.2 libidn/0.5.6

I don't understand it.

I'm using also SMF 1.1.8 and I have looked at those values in my server and they are more or less the same as yours and the mod is working for me perfect.

Why don't you try to uninstall the mod and install it again?

Check when you are installing it if the script give you any error message and tell us exactly what it is.

Good luck.

manicbe

hi snoopy_virtual

the issue is that I had to install manually because the installer didn't do the trick ... he told me that it was installed but didn't change the files
so I addapted the scripts myself

Advertisement: